Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-23-2016, 05:23 AM   #127
BlueStreakHouTX

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS IOM
Not only has my 2012 SS not been driven in the rain, it had never been out IN the rain until last weekend, I had to drive it a couple blocks to get it Safety inspected, there were a couple clouds in the sky, but in the 10 minutes it took to wait for the tech, it started raining... it stopped after 5 mintues, and dry pavement for the drive home about 20 minutes later... Grrr.

I had a mint condition 1984 Grand National that never had a drop of ANY water on it the 5 years I owned it, just damp microfiber cloth baths about twice a year after a complete high-pressure air hose blow-off...it never left the garage unles there was ZERO chance of rain.
BlueStreakHouTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:11 AM   #128
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Attached Images

Cenafan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:17 AM   #129
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Next month, I'll have owned my convertible for 5 years, with only 8k miles on the odometer and it's only ever seen 2 light sprinkles driving back home from the dealership for routine maintenance.

My Camaro was always intended as a weekend / holiday / occasional Friday to work nice weather spring to fall cruiser and sits in the carport under her cover when she's parked. Although I've never encountered any of the top problems a number of other owners have, I did make it a point to NEVER drive it in the rain and I ALWAYS hand wash it and never put soap on the top. Two months ago, I finally had all-seasons mounted. Suddenly, I don't give a sh*t about the rain. Don't know why. Maybe putting all-seasons on "popped the cherry", so to speak. I still only hand wash but if I feel like driving her, I'm not studying the skies nor consulting weather forecasts anymore as to whether I might be able to drive the convertible. However, I'd rather drive it looking filthy than run it through a car wash.

All-season radials FTW!
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 09:29 AM   #130
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
I drive mine on a lot on long trips, and well, it does rain and I have no options. The car handles great (with good tires). The most scary time, for me, was driving through the mountains and it pouring so hard you could hardly see past the front of the car. Traffic was moving about 30 mph on the interstate and the car didn't flinch a bit. I was quit impressed how well it did. That was probably worst rain it has seen. I drove within the limits of the car and traffic was smart, and we kept on moving. It rained hard like that for about 30-45 minutes and my grip on the wheel was about as hard I could get it. LOL.

It's a car, I take good car of it, and I know for sure the wipers work. I'm glad many people have the luxury not to have to drive in bad weather conditions.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:57 AM   #131
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
had mine 13 months and it hasn't seen a single speck of water and never will while i own it.
close to factory condition as it can be all times..
i have a company van a hyundai diesel dd and a motorbike..whey the hell would i want to drive my baby in the rain..will never happen..in fact i dont like taking it out if it's too hot either.just iincase the paint fades
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:10 PM   #132
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackinBlack View Post
Your AVATAR pic. Seems your car has seen a little worse than rain. That is a ton of snow.
Ah... yeah... that white stuff... we try not to say its name in fear of the skys spontaneously opening and dumping tons of you know... lol
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote