Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-16-2020, 04:21 PM   #15
racesloth
Dan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IOM
Go-go,

If just a street car go with the heartbeat - you'll be glad you did.

2010 IOM SS
YSI-B, Pat G Cam, Ported CTS-V Heads, ARH LTs MBRP 3" exhaust
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=ysi
racesloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 04:22 PM   #16
racesloth
Dan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
Oh and when you hear the jet engine at WOT with the centri, then it goes PSSSSHHHHHHH bc of the BOV.... intoxicating.. lol.
The compressor whine too - some people think I have a turbo.

2010 IOM SS
YSI-B, Pat G Cam, Ported CTS-V Heads, ARH LTs MBRP 3" exhaust
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=ysi
racesloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 05:58 PM   #17
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by racesloth View Post
Go-go,

If just a street car go with the heartbeat - you'll be glad you did.
Yup, and they do really well controlling heat...both intake air heat and engine coolant heat. Mine could idle 15 minutes in 95 degree Tx heat with the A/C blowing cold. Not much over 210 ECT. You can't do that with a centri because of the huge air/air intercooler blocking air flow to the radiator.

I did three dyno pulls in a two minute span. The last was down about 15 hp vs the first one. A centri without meth won't do any better. Intake air temps were about 12 degrees over ambient at cruise and went up 25 or 30 degrees during a pull. Recovery was damn quick. The Heartbeat is a really nice upgrade compared to earlier Roots blowers.
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 11:44 PM   #18
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Well this is a personal decision on what means more to you. Instant power or top end power.

First thing we ask....What are your end goals? A roots style blower can make 600-700rwhp pretty easy. If you're looking to make more then that a centrifugal might make more sense (or turbos). Check out some of the options on our site. We have some killer pricing on Magnuson, Whipple and ECS with coupon code CAMARO5. Check out the ECS kits too. They rock the Novi 1500 superchargers and make serious power. We just put down 740rwhp with one a couple weeks ago.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 05:20 PM   #19
Livernois Motorsports

Drives: 2010 Camaro 454 LSX (SOLD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steema View Post
My car is stock beside a cold air intake and Flowmasters. It is a 6 speed and my mostly everyday driver. I have gone back and forth on this for a few years but I finally got the funds and I need help. I like the powered ban on the root style but worry about traction problems and the power ban for the centrifugal sounds like fun only on the highway. I want the instant power but I also want the pull on the highway. I was thinking of a procharger d1-sc stage 2 with meth but now a roots style is what a dyno shop says would be better for street and it generates less heat. If you have had this dilemma and did make a choice and have 2 cents i would to happy to hear it. Thanks in advance.
You have to basically take a step back and look at all options and decide what suits YOU best. We personally seem to always go magnuson on these cars for the most part. But what you go with will depend on what you plan to do with the car, if you want somethings thats aggressive right from the jump then you want to go with something like screw/roots type where as you want something a little easier on components such as suspension then the centrifugal is the way to go, but both have good driveability it just depends on how your car is set up with accomodating mods and also on your tuner so its always good to take time and do research to see who will help you the most to reach your goals!
Livernois Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote