Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-12-2015, 01:48 AM   #1
Deputydog205

Drives: 2014 Camaro
2014 top problem

Im having problems with a 2014 RS with 14000 miles, all of the sudden I started getting an error saying that the top is not secure and it will not go down. There have also been times when its is complete down and it says the same thing. in order to get it back up i must start or at least turn the key on and off a few times, then i have to hit the down process again at which time i hear the top motor run for maybe 10 or 15 seconds and then stop. after this I can raise the top. Im also noticing that the sometimes that I have to hold the window switch in the up position the entire time the window is going up, other times I hit it once and it works properly, and then on top of all of this the heater stuck on high with the fan also stuck on high I was unable to control the temp or the fan. The heater incident has only happened once but as for the top problem it is daily. It also does not allow the trunk to be opened when the top not secure message is showing. there was one other time I had the vehicle inside the garage not even running as I was putting the top down and I got a message to slow down the vehicle was moving to fast....lol what a mess!!! and yes I have taken it to the dealer they replaced the latch and said should be working fine now. I didn't even make all the way home before it started again. When they check it for error messages they get nothing, The dealer said hummmm we don't know whats wrong with it
Deputydog205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:59 AM   #2
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
This sounds like an electrical connection issue more so than a "top problem". Interesting that the dealer can't figure it out. it may take them some time - they may have to go wire by wire, fuse by fuse to determine what the issue is.

Hopefully this won't be a pattern on the 14 verts......
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:11 PM   #3
Anna_Keyee

Drives: 2013 Ford Expedition
top malfunctioning mystery resolved hehe

“Soft top not secure” kept coming on the display as I drove for few minutes. The next day I went and checked the fuses (#30 and 35). They looked ok so I thought I’d give it another try with the top. I lowered all the windows first. With the manual handle, I released first the front windshield latches and propped the top up in the front. Then I went back to the rear near the ski sack and gave it another try at tightening the rear deck (I suspected the problem was here due to the malfunctioning of the trunk). After I was done with it, I went to the front again and tightened the latches until the top was back in place.

Sure enough after I started the car the blinking top light went away. The top switch started lowering and closing the top. The trunk functions came back as well. I couldn’t be more pleased with the result so I thought to share. Many of us are without warranty. Saved me hassle of going to the ‘stealer’ and few hundred $$ at least.

before this, I already called a certain auto parts warehouse online store and asked for help. they already said its for a replacement. I just forgot the exact parts they said for replacement. Good thing I read the internet and found some helpful ideas

Last edited by Anna_Keyee; 03-13-2015 at 09:19 PM.
Anna_Keyee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convertible, problem with, top