Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 10-03-2014, 03:38 PM   #29
JD's 45th
No one likes a copycat

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS/RS Vert
Danb - I just called my dealership to see if the parts came in and they did. I will be taking it in on Friday (10/10). It is a weatherstrip and seal. They said it should take about an hour to replace it.
JD's 45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 06:28 PM   #30
Pork Chop

Drives: M6 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danb View Post
JD's 45th or sswiss3000... Did you find out from your dealers what the specific fix was for this piece of rubber sticking out? I have this on my 2013 on both sides. Didn't realize it was not normal until reading this thread. Thanks.
I have this on my 2013 too but only on the drivers side. I usually just pop it in once the top is up. I would be interested to see the fix also before I contact my dealer. Sometimes having something minor like this fixed causes more harm than good.
Pork Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 12:16 AM   #31
sswiss3000

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Vert, L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danb View Post
JD's 45th or sswiss3000... Did you find out from your dealers what the specific fix was for this piece of rubber sticking out? I have this on my 2013 on both sides. Didn't realize it was not normal until reading this thread. Thanks.
I am bringing mine in on Monday (10/6/14), but it will probably take a while as I am getting my entire top replaced including a bow and the hinges. I will post as soon as I have further details.
sswiss3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 03:58 AM   #32
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Can someone post a pic of what it is supposed to look like along side of one that is not right? That would help people determine if they have a problem or not.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 05:18 PM   #33
JD's 45th
No one likes a copycat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
I have this on my 2013 too but only on the drivers side. I usually just pop it in once the top is up. I would be interested to see the fix also before I contact my dealer. Sometimes having something minor like this fixed causes more harm than good.
I was pushing mine in too. I agreed to do it since they don't have to mess with the top. Otherwise I would have declined service.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:26 PM   #34
Pork Chop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD's 45th View Post
I was pushing mine in too. I agreed to do it since they don't have to mess with the top. Otherwise I would have declined service.
Well I will be interested to see the final results.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:51 AM   #35
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Quote:
My drivers side also does this. I just noticed that it was different than the passenger side. I agree, is it worth having fixed? Who knows what kind of other things can go wrong after that...

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
Old 10-06-2014, 09:10 PM   #36
rangomr

Drives: Oracle Camaro has all the bells &
My top does not have any issues so far and since its was built in Feb. 2012, I think I'm pass the time frame since it looks great to me. But I will for sure look a lot closer at it in the morning. Michael
rangomr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:24 AM   #37
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangomr View Post
My top does not have any issues so far and since its was built in Feb. 2012, I think I'm pass the time frame since it looks great to me. But I will for sure look a lot closer at it in the morning. Michael
I don't think you can count on being "past" these issues.. Every time you use the top you have the potential for something to happen. The best thing to do is to just keep an eye on the top and try to notice anything out of the ordinary of what it looked like. I didn't even notice the rubber piece sticking out until someone mentioned here.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

Old 10-07-2014, 04:59 PM   #38
Pork Chop

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCamOwner View Post
Can someone post a pic of what it is supposed to look like along side of one that is not right? That would help people determine if they have a problem or not.
Name:  IMG_20141007_171822668.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  190.4 KB

Name:  IMG_20141007_171847215.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  181.1 KB

The second photo is correct. The first photo shows what it looks like when the top is put back up before I push the piece back in.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:19 AM   #39
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Quote:
The second photo is correct. The first photo shows what it looks like when the top is put back up before I push the piece back in.
Mine are the same way, the drivers side is bent up, and the passenger side looks fine. I am due for an oil change before I park it for the winter, and I will mention it to my dealership to see if there is a problem.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

Old 10-10-2014, 10:16 AM   #40
JD's 45th
No one likes a copycat

Took mine in this morning and wasted and hour that I'll never get back. If you have this issue and it's not bothering anything then don't waste your time. I was told that the piece they tried to install was defective and that they would need to order another one. I dealt with a different guy today and he asked about the keys again. He asked if I had both sets with me as they will not do the recall unless you have both sets with. I politely declined.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:26 PM   #41
Pork Chop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD's 45th View Post
Took mine in this morning and wasted and hour that I'll never get back. If you have this issue and it's not bothering anything then don't waste your time. I was told that the piece they tried to install was defective and that they would need to order another one. I dealt with a different guy today and he asked about the keys again. He asked if I had both sets with me as they will not do the recall unless you have both sets with. I politely declined.
Did you get to see what the part was and how it was supposed to correct the issue?
Old 10-12-2014, 10:52 AM   #42
JD's 45th
No one likes a copycat

No. I was too ticked that they wasted an hour of my time.

Tags
bubbles, convertible, top