Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-11-2016, 11:27 PM   #71
Chaxce
Under construction...

Drives: Black 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post
50 weeks at 500 miles a week is 25000 annual miles. Camaro SS on the highway should get at least 24 mpg, Honda gets 37......assuming $2 a gallon, the Camaro costs around $2100 in fuel, the Honda $1350 ($750 less)

So to save $750 a year in gas you're going to spend $3400 right now (26 K for Camaro trade, 29.4 for Honda)......you're going to be losing money for the next 5 years by buying a more fuel efficient car.

You forgot to factor in smiles per gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2016, 11:40 PM   #72
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
you will save 12 mpg max by changing to a petrol honda i garantee you that.
no petrol car is any good at mpg unless you buy a tiny 1 litre car...even those wont match a diesel eco car....my hyundai is one of the best mpg cars on the market...50 mpg tank to tank.
that honda will give you 30 mpg tank to tank..your camaro will be about 20 mpg tank to tank.
waste of time dude.
i have driven and loaned many many cars..2000 000 miles of driving..had about 30 petrol cars..all no good at mpg..even though many claim high mpg...thats just smoke and mirrors..my hyundai is rated at 65 mpg lol..utter rubbish
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:23 AM   #73
yinbju

Drives: ford
Yeah I know but suggestions for a 100 mile/day commute? Gets 37mpg which is slightly better than the Camaro haha. Sorry but the Malibu doesn't come close to the Accord.
yinbju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:28 AM   #74
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
Just get a 2000 Toyota Camry. You can probably find one cheap ($4K) with 150k miles. Those cars will go 300k miles with regular oil changes and a timing belt change. I would not buy a new car to destroy running up all those miles. Keep the Camaro under a cover in your garage.
I sold a 2001 Camry for $5500 with 101,000 miles so you're right on the money.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 12:46 PM   #75
EWade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
you will save 12 mpg max by changing to a petrol honda i garantee you that.
no petrol car is any good at mpg unless you buy a tiny 1 litre car...even those wont match a diesel eco car....my hyundai is one of the best mpg cars on the market...50 mpg tank to tank.
that honda will give you 30 mpg tank to tank..your camaro will be about 20 mpg tank to tank.
waste of time dude.
i have driven and loaned many many cars..2000 000 miles of driving..had about 30 petrol cars..all no good at mpg..even though many claim high mpg...thats just smoke and mirrors..my hyundai is rated at 65 mpg lol..utter rubbish

Sorry but I wouldn't go for any diesel powered passenger car. Higher costs in maintenance and initial cost in buying over GAS. The car I had before I bought this Camaro was a 12 Cruze ECO with manual 6 speed and over the almost 4 years I owned it I averaged 42 mpg!!!! And got a BEST of 47 mpg for a tank full of gas and was able to get over 600 miles on a tank!!!!
You MAY have driven many many cars, but guess you've never got one that did as well, it may very well be the kind of driving you do... A majority of my driving is highway, roughly 50 miles 5 days out of the week and then some weekend driving to and from work. Hell my Camaro is getting close to 25 mpg now at just over 5500 miles on odometer. Oh by the way the 12 Cruze ECO is CAFE rated at 42 MPG! And I constantly got that or a tad bit better!!!
Old 03-14-2016, 11:38 PM   #76
Stroke9

Drives: 2015 AGM 1SS
Buy a new VW GTI. You will not be disappointed.
Hands down the best car for $26K. Heated mirrors and seats come standard.
I tuned mine to around 270 HP @ 32-36 mpg. I traded mine in for the SS Camaro. I miss it dearly!
Old 03-15-2016, 12:04 AM   #77
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftinSSRS View Post
Buying and accord (any honda) is like buying a toaster or a microwave oven.
Why's that ? I'll own a honda anyday.The Accord is a great car. OP the accord is a great car. ..the v6 is outstanding. But maybe look at the new civic.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:44 AM   #78
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Why's that ? I'll own a honda anyday.The Accord is a great car. OP the accord is a great car. ..the v6 is outstanding. But maybe look at the new civic.
Oh god no, not the Civic. I drove the new one... Had to drive an Accord right after to get the icky feeling off of me. People were saying "Why Accord" when the new Civic is so nice... Trust me it's night and day. Accord is a nice ride while the new Civic is a pissy little bitch. You can put lipstick on a pig, but ..... yeah, still a pig.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:57 AM   #79
JGS

Drives: 2015 2SS LS3 NPP/1LE/ Red Hot
I know you mentioned you are not into bike , I just want to share my experience. I commute 30 miles one way everyday to work. I work in a ranch where I handle cattle and horses. also live in Canada where winters are sometimes -20F with lots of ice and snow , and only have my Camaro 1LE as a DD year round. this is my second Camaro , my first SS I put over 80xxx miles in 3 years and enjoyed every mile of it, i sold it to buy the 1LE (couldn't resist the 0% interest and the new track package) , I always have a hard time deciding between the bike (in summer) and the Camaro . My personal suggestion, enjoy your toys as much as you can, the Camaro is not the best car for winter , but with a good set of winter tires and being careful , I always have a blast even in -30 F. everyone tells me I should get a truck due to the nature of my job and place I live , I got a used Dodge Ram , and ended up selling it few months after to save money for gas for my Camaro and reduce insurance . no regrets here.
Attached Images

JGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:12 AM   #80
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
Oh god no, not the Civic. I drove the new one... Had to drive an Accord right after to get the icky feeling off of me. People were saying "Why Accord" when the new Civic is so nice... Trust me it's night and day. Accord is a nice ride while the new Civic is a pissy little bitch. You can put lipstick on a pig, but ..... yeah, still a pig.
The Accord has always been twice the car the Civic is. The Civic has a good rep for a reason.....comparing the 2 cars isnt even a conversation. That's ok .....im well aware of the difference. They are what they are.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:22 AM   #81
yijgbnu

Drives: ford
50 weeks at 500 miles a week is 25000 annual miles. Camaro SS on the highway should get at least 24 mpg, Honda gets 37......assuming $2 a gallon, the Camaro costs around $2100 in fuel, the Honda $1350 ($750 less)
yijgbnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:56 AM   #82
carlosdmartins
To help and to be helped!

Drives: '15 Camaro 1LT/RS, Black/Gray
It's not a bad deal. I wanted to trade my 15 Camaro RS. KBB said my trade in value was $21000+ and I owe $18400. To make a long story short, they offered me $17000.... I smiled and politely left the dealer. They didn't even care.

K&N Cold Air Intake, Oil Catch Can, Trifecta Tune, Z28 style spoiler, T5 front lip/side rockers, door sills, chrome fuel door, side gills, LED cree fog lights, Hotckins 1" lowering coil springs, auxiliary gauge pack, tower strut brace!
carlosdmartins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:19 PM   #83
Cldgin2

Drives: 2017 1LE SS
I'd buy a cheap ass beater and call it a day.. That way I could still enjoy my hot rod on the week ends maybe drive it to work on Fridays
Old 03-15-2016, 01:01 PM   #84
BriteCrawler

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Worth mentioning, I drive my ZL1 47 miles one way to work daily. It sees rain and cold with all seasons and gets summer rubber in the summer. Climate anywere in AL is pretty much identical to Atlanta. As others have mentioned, there are plenty of tire options moving to MO.

The car is exceedingly comfortable and was built to be driven. Would a Honda do the job? Sure... but I would hate it.
BriteCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote