The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-08-2016, 02:40 PM   #29
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
You better never go to a car show. Hundreds of people with hundreds of cameras... On the other hand, the tech should've obliged her request. Not cool!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 03:08 PM   #30
detltu

Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
You better never go to a car show. Hundreds of people with hundreds of cameras... On the other hand, the tech should've obliged her request. Not cool!
I think there is a different expectation of privacy at a car show. Slightly different situation.

I agree that it is probably an overreaction, but not a drastic one IMO. I wouldn't want to get work done there. They obviously don't care about their customers.
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
1992 Camaro Z28 1LE- 25th anniversary
2015 Camaro ZL1
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 03:21 PM   #31
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
It’s been proven over and over that females are more likely to get scammed at the garage. Once she showed concerns that something other than the repair was being performed, the manager should had stepped up and made the situation right.

She spoke with her wallet and left. Good for her, most wouldn’t have the balls! (No pun intended.)
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 05:01 PM   #32

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
^^^^^^ +1 to the above.....

You don't need to lift the hood to do a wheel alignment. She is within her rights to question that. Women get taken advantage of for auto repairs. The pic could have just been a rouse...."You need new belts, ma'am....Your air filters need replacing"...Good for her she knew the hood shouldn't have been raised....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 05:20 PM   #33
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
I see it basically this way as well. The engine bay is not open for everyone to see in the same way that your glove box or trunk isn't. As their customer you are giving them access to parts of your car that aren't open to the public. What if some tech opened your glove box and found you had a bottle of ass-cream or something like that, took a picture and posted it to social media? That would be an invasion of your privacy to your ass-cream usage.

Same thing as if you have someone valet'ing your car and they look around and take pictures.

The worst part is that the dude was shady as **** in the way you specified and really should've had the common courtesy to ask first. I don't think there is any legal recourse (though if you had a good enough lawyer they might find something) but you can certainly complain to their bosses. As an employer, I know that if something like this happened, I would have to have a stern talk to the tech about morality / ethics even if I couldn't legally write him up for it, he would now be on my radar.
Don't think any of you would react any differently if the same happened to you.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:52 PM   #34
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.

Last edited by 72MachOne99GT; 03-09-2016 at 06:00 AM.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 05:47 AM   #35
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by detltu View Post
I think there is a different expectation of privacy at a car show. Slightly different situation.

I agree that it is probably an overreaction, but not a drastic one IMO. I wouldn't want to get work done there. They obviously don't care about their customers.
Not necessarily. I've seen some downright rude acts at car shows. Remember, not everyone there is a car nut. People touching paint, opening doors, leaning on cars (that are NOT their's), etc., etc., etc.. Hell, 2 years ago, somebody keyed my intake at a show. I wouldn't put anything past anybody.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".

Last edited by DRKS1D3; 03-10-2016 at 05:49 AM.
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 12:27 PM   #36
BriteCrawler

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
You don't need to lift the hood to do a wheel alignment.
Some cars have caster & camber adjustment plates at the top of the front strut tower.
BriteCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 06:46 PM   #37
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Seriously feel like youre a weirdo after reading this...
Old 03-09-2016, 08:28 PM   #38
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
I comes down to her simple request.....not only did he not listen....he insulted her with his comments. When you know people are taking pics for the wrong reasons people will respond different.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:31 PM   #39
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
Over reacting would be an understatement..
Old 03-09-2016, 08:50 PM   #40
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
She even told me if he had bothered to ask her first about it, and treated her with any amount of respect as a customer (same goes for the manager behind the desk) then this entire thing would have been a complete non-issue. In fact, in her particular case, if he had bothered to ask if he could take a pic of her engine bay to post to a facebook page, she would have been totally cool with it and simply requested not to have the license plate posted, purely out of respect.
Overreacting.

Okay look, I get it, she's upset that he was disrespectful and ignored her requests. However, it says right there ^ that she has no problem with the photo. So her privacy concerns are only concerns if she feels disrespected?

If there's a legitimate privacy concern with the photo, it would exist with or without outside factors such as the attitude and all that.

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 02:35 AM   #41
homewrecker

Drives: '04 Z06, '14BMW M235i, '15 SS/1LE
It's her car, her property. The shop or corporation has to have some sort of code of conduct. Sure, taking a picture of a SC isn't a big deal, but that tech was very unprofessional by taking pictures and then posting it on social media - with a condescending comment. Neither the manager or the tech have a clue on how to satisfy their customers. Not only should they be reprimanded but they should apologize to your girlfriend. They forget who pays their paychecks and who puts food on their tables. It's you the customer. When you work for a company that needs the public for survival you have a duty to provide great customer service. This is not just about a picture of an engine, it's about the service she was provided and I find what they did was just plain classless.

BTW, Saturn's had superchargers??

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
homewrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:55 AM   #42
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
I don't know, I think I would have to give the tech a break. He was probably playing little league with a mouthful of "Big League chew" when the Saturn Redlines were rolling off the line. He's a young car guy and just sharing with his car guy buddies. So, yeah, in context she was probably overreacting a little. But then again, these days just watch the news for half an hour and it's hard not to be a little paranoid.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote