The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-17-2006, 08:40 AM   #1
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
G-teched my Z

Ok last night I G-teched my Z. and just so you know tag I went out to the middle of no where so I didn't have the slightest chance of running into anyone (ie cops. lol).

Well the first pass when I put her in second she kept her rpms up around 5k but didn't go anywhere fast. the launch on that first pass was probably the best I've ever had. virtually no tire spin. well if it hadn't been for the third doing what it did I'd say I would have been down in the low 13's.

My second pass I launched it a little bit harder spun the tires for a good bit. no other problems but I ended up doing a 13.84 at 108 mph. if my dad hadn't been in the car and I have practice I know I can get this car down to 13.2.

I'm not going to be happy until it's in the 12's, but I won't be able to do that because I have a new project under my belt that I want to get done before the drag season starts. so does anyone know anything about Fieros and 3800 SC series II swaps? lol.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:39 AM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
Ok last night I G-teched my Z. and just so you know tag I went out to the middle of no where so I didn't have the slightest chance of running into anyone (ie cops. lol).

Well the first pass when I put her in second she kept her rpms up around 5k but didn't go anywhere fast. the launch on that first pass was probably the best I've ever had. virtually no tire spin. well if it hadn't been for the third doing what it did I'd say I would have been down in the low 13's.

My second pass I launched it a little bit harder spun the tires for a good bit. no other problems but I ended up doing a 13.84 at 108 mph. if my dad hadn't been in the car and I have practice I know I can get this car down to 13.2.

I'm not going to be happy until it's in the 12's, but I won't be able to do that because I have a new project under my belt that I want to get done before the drag season starts. so does anyone know anything about Fieros and 3800 SC series II swaps? lol.
Is that one of those dash mounted things? It records all your data for you? I've been wanting to get one.

Dude, your car can easily get into the 12's as is. I'm seriously not trying to be disrespectful in any way, buy it's all about the driver. You do have some intake and exhaust, no? If not, you'll get to that 13.2 easy...with the intake, exhaust, a good launch, let some of the air out of the rear tires (no less than 20 psi), and power shifting, 12's are no problem. There's nothing like seeing that first time slip that's in the 12's, that's for sure!

Here's what I mean about it being the driver:
I had all my mods done and ran a best of 12.90 in the 1/4 mile. It usually hung around 12.95 to 13.10. I just couldn't get below that freaking 12.9! Then, when Super Chevy came into town, I was pitted up against the areas best driver. I would always lose to her every Wed night at the local drag meets. I was freakin livid because all the money I put in to enter this competition was being thrown out the door on the first race against the "home town hero". Pull up, Stage, Green Light, GO!!! I have no clue what happened that day (actually, I do), but I stayed ahead of her all the way down the track. I dialed in a 12.90. Guess what? We both broke out. :eek: I ran my best that day of 12.74 and have the time slip to prove it sitting in the picture of my Z28 in the garage. It was all in the launch, sticky street tires, and smooth shifting. I never thought I'd get it below 12.9 w/out further adding to the list of mods. But to get to a 12.74??? :eek: That's why I say it's about the driver. You can hit it, for sure. It'll just take some practice. Make sure you let the air out so you get more traction and launch on some high rpms. If there's anything I missed, someone help me out. Let us know how it goes!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 03:49 PM   #3
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Is that one of those dash mounted things? It records all your data for you? I've been wanting to get one.

Dude, your car can easily get into the 12's as is. I'm seriously not trying to be disrespectful in any way, buy it's all about the driver. You do have some intake and exhaust, no? If not, you'll get to that 13.2 easy...with the intake, exhaust, a good launch, let some of the air out of the rear tires (no less than 20 psi), and power shifting, 12's are no problem. There's nothing like seeing that first time slip that's in the 12's, that's for sure!

Here's what I mean about it being the driver:
I had all my mods done and ran a best of 12.90 in the 1/4 mile. It usually hung around 12.95 to 13.10. I just couldn't get below that freaking 12.9! Then, when Super Chevy came into town, I was pitted up against the areas best driver. I would always lose to her every Wed night at the local drag meets. I was freakin livid because all the money I put in to enter this competition was being thrown out the door on the first race against the "home town hero". Pull up, Stage, Green Light, GO!!! I have no clue what happened that day (actually, I do), but I stayed ahead of her all the way down the track. I dialed in a 12.90. Guess what? We both broke out. :eek: I ran my best that day of 12.74 and have the time slip to prove it sitting in the picture of my Z28 in the garage. It was all in the launch, sticky street tires, and smooth shifting. I never thought I'd get it below 12.9 w/out further adding to the list of mods. But to get to a 12.74??? :eek: That's why I say it's about the driver. You can hit it, for sure. It'll just take some practice. Make sure you let the air out so you get more traction and launch on some high rpms. If there's anything I missed, someone help me out. Let us know how it goes!!!
I have the old style G-tech that just gives you the readings.
and yea I know it's a lot driver. I really want to practice but don't really have anywhere around here I can. my car has only a couple of things done to it and the only power adder is the hypertech reprogram I did. no intake or exhaust yet.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:10 AM   #4
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
IDK what my time is through the 1/4 but a bunch of us usually race up this little straight above my house late at night. But I have never timed my S-10 or Camaro through the 1/4. But my Camaro will turn 122mph through the 1/4 and my S-10 will turn 106mp through the 1/4. What do you all think my time would average through the 1/4?
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:06 PM   #5
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

personally just taking a wild guess that's mid to high 12's depending on a few things.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:04 PM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

How do you know your speeds, but not the times?

Camaro? ... 11.5's don't know.
S10?......... 13.5 don't know either. Going by trap speeds.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:22 PM   #7
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
How do you know your speeds, but not the times?

Camaro? ... 11.5's don't know.
S10?......... 13.5 don't know either. Going by trap speeds.
TAG, you're right on the money. LowRider, is your Camaro stock?
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:58 AM   #8
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
NO. it's not I have a 383 strocker that has been bord out 30 over w/a holley Street Avenger 800 CFM double pumper 4 barrol Carb. W/a B&M bump shifter and Flowmasters from the headers back, and can't forget the high performance cam and lifters w/the roller rockers, and the aluminum heads. It sets 2.5in off the ground With the big Rama Air hood. It was a father son car as I was growing up and my dad sold it to me and now it is in the garage beside my dad's 73 Camaro Z28. And all we do is race through this straight were my grandad and some others use to race that is exzactly a 1/4 mile and every time I cross the line I look at my speed and the best I have got in my Camaro was 122 I can't keep it from spinning on take off, I know it could get a better time if it would just hook up on take off. But I have never timed my car and I will let no one ride w/ me to time me, incase something would happen. But I will run it one night this summer, but right now I am not bringing it out on these dirty salt covered roads. I would never get the underneath clean again. But I will test my time in my S-10 because it ain't that fast. I'll have my cousin kyle to ride w/me to see my time in it.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:45 AM   #9
Seanskny

Drives: 2011 2SS RS delivered 6-22-10
Box,
I have a friend that I work with at AAM that modifies fiero's. He just chopped one to a roadster and dropped a northstar in it. I will try to find him tomorrow and get his link for you.
Seanskny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 05:13 AM   #10
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanskny View Post
Box,
I have a friend that I work with at AAM that modifies fiero's. He just chopped one to a roadster and dropped a northstar in it. I will try to find him tomorrow and get his link for you.
thanks I have a guy in tn that I was wanting to do the job but he only wants to drop a 3.4 out of an old v-6 camaro. that's not enough power for what I want. he only wants to do it that way b/c it's a direct bolt in and there are less mods to actually do. at the very least i want a 3800sc series II. not much weight gain and it's 100 hp over stock. with me deploying here soon I should have the money to do the conversion. so hopefully when i get back from my deployment i will be able to go down to the track and kick some ricer tail. lol
Old 01-18-2007, 09:52 PM   #11
Marosolid
Mustang Muncher

Drives: 1967 Camaro & 2001 Camaro Z28
I want to get the G-tech. I read about it in summit mag. Haven't got it yet though cause it's expensive and the tickets i would get using it would be expensive to.

I have 4 points on my licence. 1 more and I'll be driving without it. Besides it's more fun to race at the track anyways. I try and go every wed. night (GRUDGE-MATCHES). I have a few upgrades on my Z. My fastest time was 12.4 at 111 in the 1/4. It's all about traction and that green light. I'll be happy when I can break 11's
Old 01-19-2007, 01:10 AM   #12
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marosolid View Post
I'll be happy when I can break 11's
No, you won't!!!

That's what we all say!!
Old 01-19-2007, 01:16 AM   #13
Marosolid
Mustang Muncher

Drives: 1967 Camaro & 2001 Camaro Z28
All I need is the LS6 heads and intake and a paxton which should run me about $7 to 9 G's. With 700 hp I'll run 11's one time before my motor explodes.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:20 AM   #14
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

You must have a few mods on there to be runnin 12.4's. You have slicks on that puppy? If you already have a bunch of mods, it's gonna be tough. Gonna have to dive into the engine or put that ride on one SERIOUS diet.