The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-06-2016, 09:37 AM   #1
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
Fresh Water Fishing.....

I don't do much of it, but I plan on trying to get better. If you have pictures, info, or funny things to post about fresh water fishing, post it up!

Good luck out there guys!!

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:59 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
I love it.....and do a lot of it. The community I live in has plenty of large ponds and a large lake. If I have the need or want to, I can latterly walk across the street from my house with rod/reel and get "my line wet". There are plenty of LM Bass, Crappie, Catfish....and a few Alligators as well! Here is a nice one I caught across the street from my house.

9 LBer
Name:  BEST CATCH.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  149.7 KB

Name:  GATOR.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  115.8 KB
Old 05-09-2016, 09:54 AM   #3
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Wow! Beautiful bass!!!

Old 05-09-2016, 10:20 AM   #4
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Wow Nuke, somehow I never thought of fresh water fishing as dangerous sport, you've made a believer out of me!
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:26 AM   #5
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Shoot... drive out to Brazos Bend State Park... gators galore out there. LOL!!!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:31 AM   #6
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenring View Post
Wow Nuke, somehow I never thought of fresh water fishing as dangerous sport, you've made a believer out of me!
That was a baby gator... come kayak out by my house in Armand Bayou

Old 05-09-2016, 12:00 PM   #7
Chanman

Drives: '15 Camaro 2LS V6
Wish I could fish more often
Attached Images

Chanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:34 PM   #8
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
I used to fish. A lot. Loved it. Stream fishing was my favorite, but lake, and even some saltwater fishing fit into my routine.

Then, I got stationed at Fort Riley, Kansas... not my first choice, by any means, but, at the welcome ceremony (to the Big Red One!), the speaker mentioned that while Kansas may not have mountains or oceans, at least there was great fishing to be done. Great!

So, I started fishing Kansas. I fished, and fished, and fished. I fished some more. Then, I fished again. I kept fishing, and fishing... and fishing.

Only, I couldn't catch a fish. I had always been a decent fisherman in the past... but something about those Kansas fish wasn't working for me.

I fished in lakes and reservoirs and rivers. I fished in ponds, and backwaters. I fished anyplace that would wet a line. One man- made reservoir near post was shallow enough that I could still see the paved roads that were there before the reservoir was flooded, just under the surface of the water. I could drive my car quite a distance into the middle of the reservoir, sit on the roof of my car, and fish from there. I could SEE the damn fish, and I could even bounce the bait off of their freakin' fish noses... but couldn't catch a fish.

Sure, fishing isn't necessarily about hauling in fish. But, when you fish and fish and fish and fish... and hardly EVER even feel a nibble, let alone get to fight a little bit, it gets tiresome.

After one day of fruitless fishing, after many previous days of no- lucking, I had finally had enough. There's a nice tackle box, fully stocked, and a nice pole and reel, in the reservoir outlet below Milford Lake, for anybody who is interested.

That was many years ago, and I have not fished since. Kansas cured me of fishing.

The End.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:49 AM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
Wow! Beautiful bass!!!
Thanks....that's my biggest one yet....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenring View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
That was a baby gator... come kayak out by my house in Armand Bayou
YEP. that was a little one, maybe only 3', it swam right up to my feet chasing my lure....lol

but we have LOTS of big ones where I fish too.....but they normally stay away from most folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
Shoot... drive out to Brazos Bend State Park... gators galore out there. LOL!!!!
YES they do.....that's only about 25 minutes from my house......and in fact I am going there fishing this Friday! lol
Old 05-10-2016, 08:14 AM   #10
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
I used to fish. A lot. Loved it. Stream fishing was my favorite, but lake, and even some saltwater fishing fit into my routine.

Then, I got stationed at Fort Riley, Kansas... not my first choice, by any means, but, at the welcome ceremony (to the Big Red One!), the speaker mentioned that while Kansas may not have mountains or oceans, at least there was great fishing to be done. Great!

So, I started fishing Kansas. I fished, and fished, and fished. I fished some more. Then, I fished again. I kept fishing, and fishing... and fishing.

Only, I couldn't catch a fish. I had always been a decent fisherman in the past... but something about those Kansas fish wasn't working for me.

I fished in lakes and reservoirs and rivers. I fished in ponds, and backwaters. I fished anyplace that would wet a line. One man- made reservoir near post was shallow enough that I could still see the paved roads that were there before the reservoir was flooded, just under the surface of the water. I could drive my car quite a distance into the middle of the reservoir, sit on the roof of my car, and fish from there. I could SEE the damn fish, and I could even bounce the bait off of their freakin' fish noses... but couldn't catch a fish.

Sure, fishing isn't necessarily about hauling in fish. But, when you fish and fish and fish and fish... and hardly EVER even feel a nibble, let alone get to fight a little bit, it gets tiresome.

After one day of fruitless fishing, after many previous days of no- lucking, I had finally had enough. There's a nice tackle box, fully stocked, and a nice pole and reel, in the reservoir outlet below Milford Lake, for anybody who is interested.

That was many years ago, and I have not fished since. Kansas cured me of fishing.

The End.
Fishing is not enjoyable if your main purpose is to catch something. You fish to get out and enjoy the weather and have peace. I have fun whether catching something, or not. I love seeing the openness of the bay systems, the vessels moving about in the distance, and the top water action around me. Give it a go again, with a different mind set. All you need is a rod, reel, lure, and lawn chair (or kayak). Have fun, space out, and enjoy nature!

Old 05-10-2016, 08:17 AM   #11
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
I love it.....and do a lot of it. The community I live in has plenty of large ponds and a large lake. If I have the need or want to, I can latterly walk across the street from my house with rod/reel and get "my line wet". There are plenty of LM Bass, Crappie, Catfish....and a few Alligators as well! Here is a nice one I caught across the street from my house.

9 LBer
Attachment 794121

Attachment 794122
That's huge! Nice catch there.

I've got a few decent ones from freshwater that I'll have to find pictures of when I get home. I've been fishing since I don't even know how long but there are a few lakes around here which don't seem to produce much because of the fishing pressure. Upper and lower Potomac River is usually good with the upper being better. Tons of smallmouth bass all over the place
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:26 AM   #12
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:26 PM   #13
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post

The End.
It's a sad fact fishing is tough in Kansas unless you like bottom feeding cats.
Lucky for us at least three of our four neighboring states have some beautiful lakes with some awesome fishing. Sorry Nebraska never a reason to go that way.
Most Kansas lakes have become so nasty(dirty with algae warnings and such) I wouldn't eat much I caught here anyway. Other than when we go to the local resort and they stock it, since it's part of their fish farm. Not much sport but the kids think its cool reeling em in every 10 minutes.
Attached Images

Old 05-10-2016, 11:00 PM   #14
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
If I want to stand (or sit) by a stream or lake for an afternoon ... I will. I don't need to hold a fishing rod while I do so. Likewise, if I want to take a walk in the woods, I do not need a dimpled white ball to tell me where to go*. Perhaps I'm not the type for the quasi-passive outdoor activities. But if thats your version of relaxation, kudos to you. If everybody was the same, the world would be a boring place.

*I have been told that you're supposed to send the golf ball to the grassy bit between the woods
... but I could never manage that
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote