Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-04-2023, 09:28 PM   #43
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
Rarity isn’t the only measure of desirability in determining which cars become more collectible than others, and many of the other colors and equipment configurations actually may end up being more rare than the black CEs anyway.

I for one have no interest in a parts-bin, paint-and-stickers CE. Almost all of the “special” parts except the Panther logos are coming from existing Camaro models. The worst case is the ZLE spoiler. The reason ZLEs are on constraint right now is because the supplier can’t produce enough of these spoilers, likely because they’re being stockpiled for the 2024 models that start production soon.

I also have no interest in another black car. I saw a perfectly wrapped flat-black 6th-Gen yesterday, and it looked like a lump of coal. The lack of reflectivity in the surfaces totally hid all the interesting curves and character lines of the body. Fun cars should be fun colors!
I don't know about them saving the carbon wing for the 24 MY, there are many folks that have been waiting well over a year for an allocation on a 23 ZLE and that piece kept a lot of folks out of one. I just don't see many of these being produced in a five month window as a 24, do they just tell probably the hundreds of people who have a 23 waiting for an allocation they are SOL? Totally agree on the color, black mutes the lines of the car IMO.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 09:29 PM   #44
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
I’m gonna quote Neil Young here, “it’s better to burn out, than to fade away”. Dodge let the Challenger burn out bright with a 1000+ horsepower street legal Challenger as a goodbye to the BEST muscle/pony car era ever, but Chevy is letting the Camaro fade away with all these stupid appearance packages they’ve made the last few years. The CE is no better than those other appearance packages. All I would have liked to see was an SS come out with an LT2 intake on it from the factory (like Chevy did way back in 01 by slapping ls6 intakes on ls1’s) but no, Chevy wouldn’t even do that!
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 11:26 PM   #45
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
I don't know about them saving the carbon wing for the 24 MY, there are many folks that have been waiting well over a year for an allocation on a 23 ZLE and that piece kept a lot of folks out of one. I just don't see many of these being produced in a five month window as a 24, do they just tell probably the hundreds of people who have a 23 waiting for an allocation they are SOL?
The real question is, “What are a couple of hundred unhappy and unsatisfied ZLE buyers worth to GM?” Unfortunately, the answer is “nothing” - they’ll be written off and their lost deals will have absolutely no effect on GM’s bottom line. It’s been hard to watch Chevrolet ignore the Camaro and diminish its value by not promoting or advertising it for a long time - and by quietly discontinuing features, options and option packages during the last year or so.

I believe there have been several constraints on the 2023 ZLEs and other popular Camaro configurations; my reference to the rear spoiler (RPO code T42) was based on a constraint for the 2023 ZLEs Chevrolet just announced in mid-May 2023. Some buyers are going to be disappointed, especially because Chevrolet has shown no interest in finding another supplier - or spending the money to design a new spoiler that meets the aero criteria but is easier to build. We are now only seeing the beginning of production constraints due to parts shortages arranged by GM bean-counters whose job it is to make sure the shelves at the Camaro manufacturing plant are empty by early 2024.

What’s even crazier is that all of this silliness probably will not stop me from ordering a 2024, because I want a last-year Camaro - but it won’t be a CE.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 07:21 AM   #46
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
I don't know about them saving the carbon wing for the 24 MY, there are many folks that have been waiting well over a year for an allocation on a 23 ZLE and that piece kept a lot of folks out of one. I just don't see many of these being produced in a five month window as a 24, do they just tell probably the hundreds of people who have a 23 waiting for an allocation they are SOL?
Yes, they don't care. They probably have a set number of these that they planned on making and you can be sure they will have enough spoilers to make that number.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 07:44 AM   #47
vj123

Drives: 2023 ZL1
Quote:
I don't know about them saving the carbon wing for the 24 MY, there are many folks that have been waiting well over a year for an allocation on a 23 ZLE and that piece kept a lot of folks out of one. I just don't see many of these being produced in a five month window as a 24, do they just tell probably the hundreds of people who have a 23 waiting for an allocation they are SOL? Totally agree on the color, black mutes the lines of the car IMO.
Its very possible for the OEMs to set aside parts for upcoming limited production vehicles.

And the number of people who are at 1100 status waiting a MY23 ZLE might not be significant in the larger picture. You will always see a certain number of unhappy customers for any desirable or limited production vehicle.
vj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 08:45 AM   #48
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
We are now only seeing the beginning of production constraints due to parts shortages arranged by GM bean-counters whose job it is to make sure the shelves at the Camaro manufacturing plant are empty by early 2024.
Well that's it most definitely, although 1LE's of any build have been hard to get for well over a year now. They have their green marching orders from the kabal, looking back Al O leaving the team should have been the tell on just how much effort they going to put in and that was 2018. I have had ZLE ordered for months, and just ordered an LT1 as i don't expect getting an allocation on the Z, but would like to have a last year Camaro as well. Beggars can't be choosers
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 09:33 AM   #49

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Seeing as another round of posts has started up, I'll just add this...The name "Panther"...I know its been stated it was possibly considered a name back in the day, but really?...Probably numerous other forgotten names for the Camaro that were never used got tossed around at some point...This last year of the car is the first I ever heard about Panther....

It's ok I guess, but is there really any significance? Even when the 14-15 Z/28 came out, I never heard anyone suggest "lets call it a Panther!"....Sure, they dug it up from the past, but was there any disappointment it was never used until now? Kind of a weak retro thing. Probably more of a ruse to get black paint jobs considered as a big deal to charge more money for them.

Maybe I missed it, but the name isn't anything to me to get all excited about. No biggie, just my random bs.

I got a hunch calling a car a Panther or a Black Panther back in the '60s probably wasn't considered a good idea at the time...lol...

Name:  Huey_Newton,_portrait_photograph_by_Blair_Stapp.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  183.3 KB

Last edited by 90503; 06-05-2023 at 09:50 AM.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 09:43 AM   #50
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Chevrolet fully reveals the Collector Edition:
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2023, 09:57 AM   #51
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Seeing as another round of posts has started up, I'll just add this...The name "Panther"...I know its been stated it was possibly considered a name back in the day, but really?...Probably numerous other forgotten names for the Camaro that were never used got tossed around at some point...This last year of the car is the first I ever heard about Panther....

It's ok I guess, but is there really any significance? Even when the 14-15 Z/28 came out, I never heard anyone suggest "lets call it a Panther!"....Sure, they dug it up from the past, but was there any disappointment it was never used until now? Kind of a weak retro thing. Probably more of a ruse to get black paint jobs considered as a big deal to charge more money for them.

Maybe I missed it, but the name isn't anything to me to get all excited about. No biggie, just my random bs.

I got a hunch calling a car a Panther or a Black Panther back in the '60s probably wasn't considered a good idea at the time...lol...

Attachment 1128392
That's on you. It has been known for a LONG time that Camaro was going to called Panther right up to launch time until it was changed to Camaro at almost the last minute. Just because you don't know the history doesn't mean that it's not significant.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 10:05 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
That's on you. It has been known for a LONG time that Camaro was going to called Panther right up to launch time until it was changed to Camaro at almost the last minute. Just because you don't know the history doesn't mean that it's not significant.
OK. I'll stand corrected. As you probably guessed by now, my marketing skills are no where to be found...lol...
Old 06-05-2023, 10:09 AM   #53
NYTMARE23
NYTMARE23

Drives: Black 2023 Chevrolet ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Chevrolet fully reveals the Collector Edition:
The SS looks pretty cool, but the ZL1 is MEH... Basically looks like mine already being black, I'd just need to add the 1LE splitter and wing, paint the calipers red, wrap it in Matte, and get the badging. Only thing I wouldn't have is the serialized steering wheel and "cool" watch that comes with it. Basically what I'm saying is I could make mine look just like it for tens of thousands less than what they're going to be selling it extra for. It's nice, but GM SHOULD have done WAAAY more with them going out.
Old 06-05-2023, 10:11 AM   #54
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I agree that the SS is gorgeous.
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2023, 10:13 AM   #55
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
^^^^^

Is there a car in that photo? All I see is black. They should have named the CE “Shadow,” because it’s nothing more than a shadow of its former self.

P.S. It looks like the CE package will cost about $2,600 on the 2024 base LT coupe. (MSRP is $32,495; the convertible is $6,000 more.)

Last edited by 50MileSmile; 06-05-2023 at 10:31 AM. Reason: New info
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 10:13 AM   #56

Well, the ZL1 is not entirely 1LE-less...

" The ZL1 will also feature the front splitter from the ZL1 1LE, and the rear wing from ZL1 1LE on coupes."