The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 10:28 AM   #8163
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ccrider View Post
Good morning Becky. Update on
RRRWNX MI Thanks , Chris

2000 status
Old 04-25-2014, 10:30 AM   #8164
chris_7502002

Drives: black on black c7 stingray
Good morning becky. Will you update me on RQMCDS PLEASE? making sure to still 5/5
Old 04-25-2014, 01:11 PM   #8165
geo1

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray
Okay, I realize what I'm about to say is just my "opinion", but here goes anyway.....I think the Z51 package is extremely overrated. I originally ordered Z51 back in February, but quickly changed to non-Z51 when I test drove a friend of mines who had just gotten his with the Z51 package. It felt very rough....and even though he had optioned the magnetic ride control, I couldn't feel any difference in the modes and I realized, that for what I would be doing with the car (which is driving to work and such), the Z51 package was the wrong way to go. I just picked my non-Z51 up on Tuesday, and it's without a doubt the best car I've ever driven! I got the 3LT Kalahari interior, manual transmission, red brake calipers, transparent roof, cyber grey grille (which looks amazing with the white exterior), and to add the Z51 flare I added the spoiler. So....to sum up, in my opinion, the base model is more suited to the everyday driver. I even like the base model's rims better. Sure I'd rather them be 19" & 20" vs. 18" & 19", but the design is better suited to the car I think. And unless you're a racecar driver or someone who frequents your local race track, pass on the Z51. Trust me. You'll save money on tires in addition to what you'll save on the option. However, if you're absolutely desperate to drop 5 grand, there's plenty of options to choose from other than the holiest of holies Z51.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:22 PM   #8166
Harry3338

Drives: 1979 L82 corvette
Hi Becky
Picked up my new cyber grey stingray today 4/25 and it is beautiful. Thank you for keeping me in the loop regarding the status of my order. RNJH2J from PA
Thanks sooooo much
Harry
Old 04-25-2014, 02:05 PM   #8167
B4ureyes

Drives: Corvette Stingray Conv.
Hi Becky, can you check RMCFVN please?
Old 04-25-2014, 02:19 PM   #8168
RidgebackKing

Drives: My wife crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by geo1 View Post
Okay, I realize what I'm about to say is just my "opinion", but here goes anyway.....I think the Z51 package is extremely overrated. I originally ordered Z51 back in February, but quickly changed to non-Z51 when I test drove a friend of mines who had just gotten his with the Z51 package. It felt very rough....and even though he had optioned the magnetic ride control, I couldn't feel any difference in the modes and I realized, that for what I would be doing with the car (which is driving to work and such), the Z51 package was the wrong way to go. I just picked my non-Z51 up on Tuesday, and it's without a doubt the best car I've ever driven! I got the 3LT Kalahari interior, manual transmission, red brake calipers, transparent roof, cyber grey grille (which looks amazing with the white exterior), and to add the Z51 flare I added the spoiler. So....to sum up, in my opinion, the base model is more suited to the everyday driver. I even like the base model's rims better. Sure I'd rather them be 19" & 20" vs. 18" & 19", but the design is better suited to the car I think. And unless you're a racecar driver or someone who frequents your local race track, pass on the Z51. Trust me. You'll save money on tires in addition to what you'll save on the option. However, if you're absolutely desperate to drop 5 grand, there's plenty of options to choose from other than the holiest of holies Z51.
Maybe now more than before but IMO, back when the Z51 model was a measly $2800 more, it was a must have. Now, at $4000, and probably more for 2015, it's definitely a thinker.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:56 PM   #8169
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_7502002 View Post
Good morning becky. Will you update me on RQMCDS PLEASE? making sure to still 5/5

3300 status TPW 5/5
Old 04-25-2014, 03:58 PM   #8170
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Quote:

Thanks for the perspective!! and enjoy the ride
Old 04-25-2014, 03:58 PM   #8171
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry3338 View Post
Hi Becky
Picked up my new cyber grey stingray today 4/25 and it is beautiful. Thank you for keeping me in the loop regarding the status of my order. RNJH2J from PA
Thanks sooooo much
Harry

CONGRATS!
Old 04-25-2014, 03:59 PM   #8172
regguy1

Drives: 2014 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
This is exactly why I ordered a base coupe, see this video review he talks about the difference in ride quality staring at the 4 min. mark:

I'm wondering if you agree with his assessment of the difference?

Here's what he says in his written review:

(Copy and Paste from here: http://www.cars.com/chevrolet/corvet...reviewId=59752 )

I drove various versions of the 2014 Corvette coupe, sampling the Z51 performance package and the non-Z51 Corvette with manual and automatic transmissions.

Z51 vs. Base Suspension

One of the biggest takeaways is how different ride quality is between the base suspension and the Z51's performance suspension. Base and Z51 Corvettes may as well be two completely different cars.

For $2,800, the Z51 package adds invaluable performance features to move the 'Vette as fast as possible around a racetrack, including a sport suspension, unique chassis tuning, larger wheels with higher-performance tires, and much, much more. A Magnetic Ride Control suspension with adjustable firmness is a separate $1,795 option available only on 'Vettes with the Z51 package.

The Z51 is a more refined performance package than the former Corvette Grand Sport, which was a fast but raw experience. Similar levels of handling are achieved without the Grand Sport's disturbing front tire chatter, which reverberated through the steering wheel when turning into a parking space.

The Z51 package's awesome performance for the money is offset by its ride quality. Z51s ride with the subtlety of a battleship speeding through a no-wake zone. I struggled to differentiate ride quality of the optional Magnetic Ride Control suspension's Tour, Sport and Track settings over choppy roads. Enthusiasts may not find the ride quality overly offensive coming from a car with lowering springs or stiffer shocks.

Dropping the Z51 package transforms the Corvette into a car completely capable of driving cross-country in comfort, with a soft ride that's still taut enough to be considered sporty. Many Corvette owners enjoy driving and do a lot of it — whether it's from car show to car show or cross-country on vacation. A base-suspension 2014 Corvette is the car those buyers want. Getting from home to the racetrack may be as far as you want to drive the Z51.

Last edited by regguy1; 04-25-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:59 PM   #8173
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4ureyes View Post
Hi Becky, can you check RMCFVN please?

4200-shipped!!
Old 04-25-2014, 04:32 PM   #8174
geo1

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by regguy1 View Post
This is exactly why I ordered a base coupe, see this video review he talks about the difference in ride quality staring at the 4 min. mark:

I'm wondering if you agree with his assessment of the difference?

Here's what he says in his written review:

(Copy and Paste from here: http://www.cars.com/chevrolet/corvet...reviewId=59752 )

I drove various versions of the 2014 Corvette coupe, sampling the Z51 performance package and the non-Z51 Corvette with manual and automatic transmissions.

Z51 vs. Base Suspension

One of the biggest takeaways is how different ride quality is between the base suspension and the Z51's performance suspension. Base and Z51 Corvettes may as well be two completely different cars.

For $2,800, the Z51 package adds invaluable performance features to move the 'Vette as fast as possible around a racetrack, including a sport suspension, unique chassis tuning, larger wheels with higher-performance tires, and much, much more. A Magnetic Ride Control suspension with adjustable firmness is a separate $1,795 option available only on 'Vettes with the Z51 package.

The Z51 is a more refined performance package than the former Corvette Grand Sport, which was a fast but raw experience. Similar levels of handling are achieved without the Grand Sport's disturbing front tire chatter, which reverberated through the steering wheel when turning into a parking space.

The Z51 package's awesome performance for the money is offset by its ride quality. Z51s ride with the subtlety of a battleship speeding through a no-wake zone. I struggled to differentiate ride quality of the optional Magnetic Ride Control suspension's Tour, Sport and Track settings over choppy roads. Enthusiasts may not find the ride quality overly offensive coming from a car with lowering springs or stiffer shocks.

Dropping the Z51 package transforms the Corvette into a car completely capable of driving cross-country in comfort, with a soft ride that's still taut enough to be considered sporty. Many Corvette owners enjoy driving and do a lot of it — whether it's from car show to car show or cross-country on vacation. A base-suspension 2014 Corvette is the car those buyers want. Getting from home to the racetrack may be as far as you want to drive the Z51.
I agree 100%. I realize a lot of corvette drivers buy them for their speed and performance, but myself, I just think it's the closest thing to looking like a Ferrari without shelling out 300 grand. I've never been a fan of Corvettes until this new 2014 body style change. I'm not the type to speed down the highway and risk getting a ticket, nor am I the type to frequent the race track with an automobile I paid 75 grand for. I simply bought it because it was cheaper than an Audi A7, and as it turns out, I think the base model of this years model is probably the sexiest looking car on the road at this time. I personally would not have the patience to wait possibly a year for something that turns my car into a stiff, uncomfortable machine that temps me to show off and get a ticket. So....if your name is Jeff Gordon, opt the Z51 package. If not, get the base model and spend the money saved on the 3LT interior package and the Z51 spoiler and call it a day. You'll have your car in 8 weeks from the day you place your order. This goes out to all you folks sitting at 1100 status right now waiting on that Z51 to magically appear.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:36 PM   #8175
goldbug

Drives: 2014 Stingray
Hey Becky,

Could you check RMFG7R IN, just verifying everything is still on track for 4/28 TPW

Thanks !
Old 04-25-2014, 07:11 PM   #8176
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldbug View Post
Hey Becky,

Could you check RMFG7R IN, just verifying everything is still on track for 4/28 TPW

Thanks !

3400 Status TPW 4/28

Look'n Good!!

Have a Great Weekend!

Closed Thread

Tags
becky, beckyd, beckyd@rodgerschevrolet, tpw sorry