Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 03-12-2016, 09:09 AM   #15
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonys10SS View Post
No offense but 3.5 months is nothing for a backorder. Try waiting years for a horn relay for a 1972 Chevelle. Im not trying to start a debate here but this is industry is dependent upon vendors making parts for consumers. You chose to wait for the part and that is fine.

I hope you realize that even in a company as large as Apex or even a company like the one I work for which is much larger where I deal with vendors/backorders/tech issues everyday we cannot keep track of everything. I am sure that once the part came in they would contact you and send it out.

Im not a Apex fanboy although I have ordered from them before in fact it was a scoop but because the bottle was on backorder and this was back in September/October I still do not have one. The point is at least they are making it right.
Just stop.

We all understand backorders happen and that they suck and that they're a part of whatever industry this is. blah, blah, blah. You're too busy making excuses for Apex to see what the underlying issue is. The issue is not that the part was on backorder. The issue is the Apex cannot seem to figure out how to communicate with their customers the status of their orders.

Too busy to answer phones or emails, too difficult to keep track of backorders, not enough time to get updates from distributors, blah, blah, blah. It's all crap and not acceptable. Period.

Apex dropped the ball with poor communication. That's all there is to it.
If they're truly that busy with orders, that's great. Time to start looking at increasing your staff headcount by at least one.
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 12:41 PM   #16
retmil

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry SS
If APEX is having so much difficulty getting parts on time from their supplier, maybe they should look for a new supplier.
retmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 02:33 PM   #17
Tonys10SS

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by retmil View Post
If APEX is having so much difficulty getting parts on time from their supplier, maybe they should look for a new supplier.
That would be a simple fix if that is the issue but definitely easier said than done. After speaking with the OP privately hopefully they can get the stock figured out.
Tonys10SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:54 PM   #18
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
It can take a long time to get stuff from China.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 01:01 AM   #19
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
I tried two different times to get Adams supplies from them and thought being local I could just come over. I didn't realize everything HAD to be ordered. I thought there was a brick and mortar store. I called twice and left voicemails both times. Never had anyone call back. I said screw it and ordered from Amazon. So much for keeping it local.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:07 AM   #20
kotzenmoyer

Drives: 2012 camaro ss1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Time View Post
Just stop.

We all understand backorders happen and that they suck and that they're a part of whatever industry this is. blah, blah, blah. You're too busy making excuses for Apex to see what the underlying issue is. The issue is not that the part was on backorder. The issue is the Apex cannot seem to figure out how to communicate with their customers the status of their orders.

Too busy to answer phones or emails, too difficult to keep track of backorders, not enough time to get updates from distributors, blah, blah, blah. It's all crap and not acceptable. Period.

Apex dropped the ball with poor communication. That's all there is to it.
If they're truly that busy with orders, that's great. Time to start looking at increasing your staff headcount by at least one.

+1
kotzenmoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 11:42 PM   #21
homermacleod

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Blue Velvet Metallic
Update

I contacted Apex one final time to see if they would cover the shipping for the scoop back to them since they could not deliver the washer bottle/scoop package I bought from them.

Received 3/11/16
Quote:
Re: Order #8154
Sorry I havent been able to get on here to check any messages. If you want to cancel you will need to just return the scoop and once I get that I can issue the full refund. send to the address below

Apex Motorsports Inc
Attn returns
1000 summerfield dr
shelbyville, ky 40065
Sent 3/12/16
Quote:
One last question Victoria, and then I'm done with this.

I only agreed to have the scoop sent after being told that the bottle would be available in x number of weeks. Had I known that the bottle would be in unavailable indefinitely, I would have just asked for a refund back in December.

So my question is this, would Apex be willing to pay for the scoop being shipped back to you (prepaid shipping label)?

-Chris
Received 3/15/16
Quote:

re: Order #8154
Victoria Robbins Add to contacts 3/15/16 Keep this message at the top of your inbox
To: Christopher T
victoria@apex-speed.com
Unfortunately we do not provide a return label unless the item was sent incorrectly. Because you are just no longer wanting the item you will have to cover the shipping.

Thanks,
Victoria Robbins
General Manager, Apex Motorsports Inc.
victoria@apex-speed.com
(502)930-2739

www.apex-speed.com
www.Facebook.com/ApexMotorsportsIncorporated
I guess since the item is still not available after 4 months from the purchase date, my reason for requesting a refund is that I simply no longer wanted the scoop and washer bottle.

I ended up paying to ship the scoop back to Apex (USPS tracking: 9505 5111 7426 6078 5353 72).

The scoop arrived back at Apex on 3/21/16. As of 3/25/16, I still have not received a refund. I guess that my refund is on backorder as well. Looks like I will have to forward the info to my credit card company to get my money back.

I would say Apex has piss poor customer service, but that would be incorrect. No customer service would be more correct.
Flowmaster Outlaw Catback | CAI Intake | Skip Shift Eliminator | Hill Start Assist Disable | Factory Short Throw Shifter |GM Strut Tower Brace | Bo White Ported Throttle Body | Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can |PAC RPK-GM4101 | Kenwood DDX6904S | JL C2650; C2650X; 10W1 (2); XD400/4 | Fosgate P500X2
homermacleod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:08 AM   #22
760bowtie

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, 2018 Silverado CC
Well that's 2 vendors on my list of who not to order from. Thanks for putting this info out there OP.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:29 AM   #23
Slilly20102ss

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs
That's why I love camaro5.when I was ready to start spending money for mods I spent hours researching on here.thats why I went with RDP motors port and dynosteve the customer service has been awesome.
Slilly20102ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:44 AM   #24
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by homermacleod View Post
I contacted Apex one final time to see if they would cover the shipping for the scoop back to them since they could not deliver the washer bottle/scoop package I bought from them.

Received 3/11/16

Sent 3/12/16

Received 3/15/16

I guess since the item is still not available after 4 months from the purchase date, my reason for requesting a refund is that I simply no longer wanted the scoop and washer bottle.

I ended up paying to ship the scoop back to Apex (USPS tracking: 9505 5111 7426 6078 5353 72).

The scoop arrived back at Apex on 3/21/16. As of 3/25/16, I still have not received a refund. I guess that my refund is on backorder as well. Looks like I will have to forward the info to my credit card company to get my money back.

I would say Apex has piss poor customer service, but that would be incorrect. No customer service would be more correct.

refund is on backorder- imagine that Good luck OP !!!
Old 03-26-2016, 10:21 AM   #25
bleavens1962

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Have seen enough lately on APEX to take them off my list. RDP Motorsports for everything, unless RDP doesn't carry it, then I have other options.
Once again, its called CUSTOMER SERVICE. No way to overcome word of mouth with any type marketing, especially in car forums
bleavens1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 11:15 AM   #26
94guy

Drives: 99 Camaro; 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I returned an item and took the 20% restocking fee hit and they still took awhile to refund me.

2010 Camaro
Stock bottom end with 46,000+miles JRE remote tuning Whipple A6 and Drive it to and from the track 9.46@146
94guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:24 PM   #27
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
I would think that vendors one here would 1 ...not be critical of how people spend their hard earned money....headers is my example and 2 take care of customers asap. It doesn't seem to take long to get a bad rep here. Your reputation is only as good as your last customer. In the end I do see things get worked out.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:37 PM   #28
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by homermacleod View Post

Your refund has been processed on the 22nd. They take 3-5 business days to post to your account so you should see it the beginning of next week.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote