The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Technical Forums > LT1 (6.2L V8) Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions

Old 10-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #1
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
FASTLANE in houston has head,cam,tune package for new C7

I thought you guys would like to know.I stopped by fastlane today to check out my ZL1 I have there and nick had a brand white C7 with zero miles from the dealer ..dyno 412rwhp.
fastlane has come out with their own head,cam,tune,cold air,and header package,
C7 Heads/Cam Parts Package:
fastlane Proprietary CNC ported Cylinder Heads
fastlaneCustom Grind Camshaft with VVT/AFM
Chromoly Pushrods
custom phaser limiting kit
Head Bolts
complete Gasket set
crank bolt
Front Cover Seal

This is the information I was able to gert out of nick its going to run somewhere in the 3300 to 3400 bucks porting your heads.labor I am not sure about but you can call them at 885 426 7746
AS some of you guys may know fastlane is ALready fliming their new cable T.V. show. they where fliming the car from start to finish for the show..its a really nice vette. I have one ordered,but i am doing it blind as i am disabled and not sure if i will be able to drive it,so if i cant if will be up for sale,new with Zero miles on it from myself..I did the same thing with my ZL1 and found out i could not get my wheelchair in it,lol...sucks being in a wheelchair,but its just another fence to jump,sort of,lol
this is fastlanes show ,and the white vette
nick said it should make in the 480 rwhp range
http://vimeo.com/73454980
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
Gary B

Drives: Subaru
Same Fastlane that made the turbo lits for the Camaro?
Old 10-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary B View Post
Same Fastlane that made the turbo lits for the Camaro?
prob.. didnt hear nothing good about them..
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:21 AM   #4
vet7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
prob.. didnt hear nothing good about them..
NOT SURE,as there are i think a couple of other smaller shops that have popped up trying to use the name FASTLANE in other states...
I know this much they make turbos for just about anything that goes fast,1000plus gt40 kits I saw 2 there this past week,they had a turbo Camaro that ran 202.6 at the mile on this past saturday.
I called them and asked nick,He said they have sold and install over 200 Camaro turbo kits at least without issues,plus a ton of vettes.
I know they used to be known for mainly Twin Turbo vipers,and they they became really big into the TT mustangs also a while back then making the first turbo new body mustang.
FASTLANE then went into GM,doing a lot of the gen5 stuff ,and I know at one time they had the fastest gen5 in the country in the early days.
I also saw a stroked and S/c wide body Challenger,tt hemi,& a couple being built on the rack, They have built every thing from 4000hp monsters to 200hp 4cyl so they do know what they are doing..
If you look on line you will find them on a speed channel,and a few other net work channel shows. I saw and heard they are filming their first season of their own show on MAV T.V. They beat out a lot of other shops that the produces looked at for over a yr to become the first show of its kind on that network,so it says something for them,I guess.
All i do know is my vette is going there next week after seeing everything there at FASTLANE this past weekend ,you be the judge from the key board I will judge from the seat of my pants,and let you know !!!
I will post you guys a bunch of their stuff I found on line.no i am not making a mistake going there again !!!
FASTLANES NEW C7 HEADS 30 percent increase in flow,Dyno 680rwhp & 580rwhp yes correct,2 cars just finished,wow
Thats a 454lsx ta they built and check out the paint,they have a complete new top of the line down draft paint booth in the bodyshop now...
they fabbed and painted the wide body kit,built that 8 sec blazer.
Also 1 of first gen5 bolt in legal Roll bars from what i was told..built that LS9 old vette for sema...
I saw they had another $100,000 plus build on a eariler model Camaro for the car shows,and then on to do track duty,as well as the street once in a while...its freaking crazy I wished i had taken a bunch of pictures of it,but oh well....
FASTLANE also has customers that have done 4 & 5 builds some do 2 a yr climbing into the 60k a piece every time, you dont get those types of customers by having nothing good to say !!! How do i know I spoke to a lot of people about their cars while at the show at fastlane on this past saturday..
Attached Images

vet7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:05 AM   #5
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Get me a date with the blonde girl & im in

Sent From The Q on the Galaxy S4
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote