Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
Levischilz

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
Realalistic numbers with slp tvs2300

I'm very interested in going TT over centri or displacement but am having trouble finding what I want. I'm not looking to spend an excessive amount. I was hoping for something like the IPS tt entry kit but it's not even looking like a eta soon. I may look at agp tuner kit or hellion tuner.

I've seen some great pricing for the slp tvs2300 old style which I like the whine ability of the displacement. For some reason centri just does not excite me.

I have a 2012 SS ls3 what would it take to achieve 600-640 ish rwhp? Also getting to this number I don't want to run into driving issues or belt problems. Ive had a turbo setup before but never displacement so they may not be issues. It just feels to me like a tt kit gets you to over 600 without any other mods where I see people with tvs2300's and they already spent money on headers intake and pulley etc still posting some unimpressive numbers.

Any input from you guys would be great. I'm not at this point expecting to ever push past 650 because im not going to build to the point of needing tranny and half the car built for more hp.

Thanks guys
Levi
Levischilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:26 PM   #2
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
I realize you said a centri doesn't excite you but they will get you to your goal easily. Take a look through some of the centri builds threads and you will find many more over 600rwhp than under.

I wasn't keen on the centri either but I was given a deal too good to pass up. I am glad I didn't. People say centris don't make low end... I have no problem spinning my tires if I want to.

Also, most people don't stop. Once they make their goal, they want more.

It has been said on here many times if you can find someone in your area with each of the different FI setups, take rides in them and see which you like best. I believe regardless of which route you ultimately decide, you are looking at $6K+.

I have nothing against PD blowers or turbos... In fact, I am seriously thinking my next iteration will be twins.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:02 PM   #3
Levischilz

Thanks, ya I'm hoping to get into my next camaro club day in my area. I also forgot to mention this would strictly be for street fun. If later a centri attracts me more I would guess the ECS kit would be my pref although I feel they have a odd/small intercooler. Maybe I should not pass up on a PD blower yet since I'm aimed at street use. I would guess a decent amount would be low/mid highway speed playing.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
blake-b

Obviously, if you can find a turbo/pd/centri car all around 600rwhp that would be the best comparison for you.

I have ridden in a turbo car that made similar power to mine. When the turbo "hit" the tires just spun and that was at 80mph because the power came on so suddenly. The dyno graph for the HP it made was damn near vertical when the power came on. My centri graph was just an upward sloping line.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:00 AM   #5
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
Obviously, if you can find a turbo/pd/centri car all around 600rwhp that would be the best comparison for you.

I have ridden in a turbo car that made similar power to mine. When the turbo "hit" the tires just spun and that was at 80mph because the power came on so suddenly. The dyno graph for the HP it made was damn near vertical when the power came on. My centri graph was just an upward sloping line.
Which one was better?
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:23 AM   #6
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
I have the New TVS2300, and with just a supercharger install, nothing else. I put down 502RWHP. So with that said, headers, tune, CAI and smaller pulley i would be around 575RWHP, a Cam and fuel managment would jump you to around 650RWHP.

But i have seen some kits, like the ECS Kit make close to 600rwhp without some of those major mods.

The whipple, being bigger would get you to your number easier, but you would get to your number cheaper with some of those bigger SC or a twin Turbo.

My overall goal is the 650rwhp mark so this supercharger is perfect for me when i pull the trigger on all the other supporting mods.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:56 AM   #7
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
I have the New TVS2300, and with just a supercharger install, nothing else. I put down 502RWHP. So with that said, headers, tune, CAI and smaller pulley i would be around 575RWHP, a Cam and fuel managment would jump you to around 650RWHP.

But i have seen some kits, like the ECS Kit make close to 600rwhp without some of those major mods.

The whipple, being bigger would get you to your number easier, but you would get to your number cheaper with some of those bigger SC or a twin Turbo.

My overall goal is the 650rwhp mark so this supercharger is perfect for me when i pull the trigger on all the other supporting mods.
I'm looking at going this route as well. I haven't done a lot of research on FI but it seems the TVS2300 is great setup and price is hard to beat.

My car already has blower cam and all the other normal bolt ons... so with the supercharger I'm hoping for 600+ to the wheels.

Sent from my Apple sued Galaxy Note 2
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:26 AM   #8
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
I'm looking at going this route as well. I haven't done a lot of research on FI but it seems the TVS2300 is great setup and price is hard to beat.

My car already has blower cam and all the other normal bolt ons... so with the supercharger I'm hoping for 600+ to the wheels.

Sent from my Apple sued Galaxy Note 2
With a cam already, headers cai, tune you will be 650ish rwhp. Your good to go!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:29 AM   #9
Levischilz

Hrm.. Food for thought I guess I'll put some numbers together. I found the old tvs2300 for 5200 but adding header,CAI,cam,etc etc puts the price up real quick. A ecs kit can be had for 6. Can the tvs2300 just have a smaller pulley run without all the other mods or does it just not perform well enough to matter without them? I do like the whipple but having a hard time finding them for anywhere near the price.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:03 AM   #10
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

From what I've read the ecs kit seems to make the most power with the least amount of supporting mods and total amount of money to get you there.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:05 AM   #11
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Oh and also I have no idea what a twin turbo system compared to superchargers would do for power compared to price, I knew I wanted a supercharger and never glanced at turbo systems.

So maybe someone else can chime in with turbo prices compared to rwhp
Old 05-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #12
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

And one more thing, my primary reason I went with the new tvs 2300 was the optional power train warranty that came with it. 3 year 36k fully covered. There are a lot of fine print on how to get it but that's one of the main reasons.

Otherwise I was looking at the whopper or ecs kit.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #13
blake-b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR View Post
Which one was better?
Centri because it was pulling harder. The turbo car was spinning and therefore, didn't feel as fast. If it were able to hook, I think it would have felt similar or possibly even faster because the sudden power increase.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #14
ZuluKilla8

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS RJT
I was in the same boat and hell bent on a TT set up, until I got an absolutely unbeatable price for the Vortech Kit. And I LOVE it...The centri has similar characteristics of a turbo but belt driven. If I had to do it again I would go with the ECS kit since they are the shop that did all the work to my car and I did not know about them until after I picked up my Vortech kit. Out of the box with the canned tune I was at 515 to the wheels, with headers, pulley, and Meth Kit from ECS I am at 658 RWHP and almost 600 RWTRQ.
2010 Camaro SS LS3 Holley Hi-Ram Manifold,Custom grind boost cam,Vortech V-3,10Rib 3.47 Pully Airfilter Pipe Delete, 10 PSI, TSP LT Headers, Flowmaster Outlaws, Alky Control Meth Kit, PFADT 1.25, ZL1 Fuel Pump, DSS 1000HP axles, Mantic ER2 Clutch, Full BMR rear suspension drag pack upgrade. C6 Vette 18 rims with M/T 305 out back. COPO Hood
Race Proven Motorsports tuned
ZuluKilla8 is offline   Reply With Quote