Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-12-2011, 03:44 PM   #29
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
My eyes are in serious need of doctoring...........at 1st glance of the pic........The Op's ride looked amazingly like the chrome addition Gen5....on second glance I realized not.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:44 PM   #30
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LS
Send a message via Skype™ to The Shadoww
Got 2 estimates today

Quote:
Originally Posted by farthestnorth View Post
Wow, cheap estimates for sure!

$1100.00
  1. Estimate Of Repairs
Replace OEM Front Bumper (Cover Is Maligned Not Repairable From What I Can See)
R&R Time 1.5 Hours (Includes Fog Lamps, Upper Grill, Lower Grill, Shock Absorber, DRL Harness If applicable)
Refinish Time 1.8 Hours (Front Bumper)
R&I Lt Front Wheel Well Liner .2 Hours
R&I Lt Front Wheel .1 Hours
R&I Lt Front Side Marker .2 Hours
Repair Lt Front Fender 2.5 to 3.0 Hours
Refinish Lt Front Fender 1.4 Hours 2 Stage
Final Cut & Buff .2 hours
Replace New OEM CAMARO Emblem $35.96
New AAC Sidemarker $150.00??

Your lucky car is black, any other color you would have to start blending into panels if you want a decent color match. Black you never have to blend, BLACK IS BLACK!

Total Cost Reputable Shop $1100.00
Very Close!

I went before school and got a couple of estimates:
The first one was a very nice places with a good rating on Yelp, good reviews and family owned, their total came out to be $1,370 this was after they took off $100 because i'm a student paying out of my own pocket!
The second place i went to had a good Yelp rating as well, was a bigger corperation, didn't even look closely at my car just kinda did a quick run through and priced it at $2,100 followed by being hurried out the door like i sell bad or something. on top of that when i was going over what was calculated in they put 4 hours down to take the bumper off... it takes me an hour. I sware, i should just take them the panels that need to be fixed and then get an estimate lol.

BTW i told them not to mess with the side marker because i'm going to handle that myself, in the mean time ill put my Stock ones on.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #31
Transformed
Roxy

Drives: 2012 Red Camaro 2SS RS
Sooo sorry - I know I would feel sick about this too and I it's reminded me to be extra careful backing out of the garage.

On the upside - LOVE that shine! What kind of wax do you use?
Transformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #32
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Quote:
I went before school and got a couple of estimates:
The first one was a very nice places with a good rating on Yelp, good reviews and family owned, their total came out to be $1,370 this was after they took off $100 because i'm a student paying out of my own pocket!
The second place i went to had a good Yelp rating as well, was a bigger corperation, didn't even look closely at my car just kinda did a quick run through and priced it at $2,100 followed by being hurried out the door like i sell bad or something. on top of that when i was going over what was calculated in they put 4 hours down to take the bumper off... it takes me an hour. I sware, i should just take them the panels that need to be fixed and then get an estimate lol.

BTW i told them not to mess with the side marker because i'm going to handle that myself, in the mean time ill put my Stock ones on.
I just hope you get the job done professionally and with the utmost care and attention to detail! We all are very aware of every ding, nick & scratch on our vehicles.
Go with the shop with the best reputation and quality of work, and most of all GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:42 PM   #33
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformed View Post
Sooo sorry - I know I would feel sick about this too and I it's reminded me to be extra careful backing out of the garage.

On the upside - LOVE that shine! What kind of wax do you use?
Hahaha, thanks. I haven't waxed in FOREVER (not literal) but i can't remember what we used before, it was my uncles wax.

Quote:
I just hope you get the job done professionally and with the utmost care and attention to detail! We all are very aware of every ding, nick & scratch on our vehicles.
Go with the shop with the best reputation and quality of work, and most of all GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
Thank you, i am going to get another estimate to see which company is nuts and then ill will chose whoever of the 3 had the best quality.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:42 PM   #34
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Quote:
Wow, cheap estimates for sure!

$1100.00
  1. Estimate Of Repairs
Replace OEM Front Bumper (Cover Is Maligned Not Repairable From What I Can See)
R&R Time 1.5 Hours (Includes Fog Lamps, Upper Grill, Lower Grill, Shock Absorber, DRL Harness If applicable)
Refinish Time 1.8 Hours (Front Bumper)
R&I Lt Front Wheel Well Liner .2 Hours
R&I Lt Front Wheel .1 Hours
R&I Lt Front Side Marker .2 Hours
Repair Lt Front Fender 2.5 to 3.0 Hours
Refinish Lt Front Fender 1.4 Hours 2 Stage
Final Cut & Buff .2 hours
Replace New OEM CAMARO Emblem $35.96
New AAC Sidemarker $150.00??

Your lucky car is black, any other color you would have to start blending into panels if you want a decent color match. Black you never have to blend, BLACK IS BLACK!

Total Cost Reputable Shop $1100.00
This is exactly what I was thinking.
Just dropped off mine at the body shop for vandalism repairs on the driver side door. $533.14 and nothing is being replaced.
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:43 PM   #35
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven_is_inferno_orange View Post
This is exactly what I was thinking.
Just dropped off mine at the body shop for vandalism repairs on the driver side door. $533.14 and nothing is being replaced.
OH NO! Is that from the egg!? As an 18 year old i can honestly say that i don't understand vandals...
Old 10-12-2011, 05:52 PM   #36
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black On Black On Black View Post
OH NO! Is that from the egg!? As an 18 year old i can honestly say that i don't understand vandals...

Yup. Very bottom of the door is a perfectly egg shaped circle where there is no clear coat, no IOM paint, and this lovely white bits of my door panel. And Im going through serious camaro withdrawals. Driving the Trans Am just isnt the same.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:56 PM   #37
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven_is_inferno_orange View Post
Yup. Very bottom of the door is a perfectly egg shaped circle where there is no clear coat, no IOM paint, and this lovely white bits of my door panel. And Im going through serious camaro withdrawals. Driving the Trans Am just isnt the same.
I'm sorry. I'll feel the same soon, my baby will be at the doctor for a minimum of 3 days.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #38
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black On Black On Black View Post
I'm sorry. I'll feel the same soon, my baby will be at the doctor for a minimum of 3 days.
I dropped mine off monday. When I asked when I can have her back they said maybe friday.
It's okay though when yours goes in you can do what im doing now... stalking the camaro5 forums looking at everyone elses Camaros to get a fix lol.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:16 PM   #39
Trevorw24
Black Ma6ic

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
Sorry man, I did the same thing. Luckily it barely left a mark.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #40
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
i hate garages
sorry man
Old 10-13-2011, 02:13 AM   #41
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroitalia View Post
i hate garages
sorry man
+1
Old 10-13-2011, 02:17 AM   #42
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
dont worry man. Shit happens, if you go through yourself, probably cost about $1200, going through insurance will probably cost more (for the insurance company)
Looks more like paint work then anything (plus new sidemarker)
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crash, damage, worst day ever