Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-13-2006, 01:38 AM   #15
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgefan View Post
read the name, in my opinion chevy's are absolutely the most overated vehicles ever. i get so sick of hearing there the best there the greatest, sure gm outsells everthing the must have 500 different brands, but that doesnt mean there the best, dodge and ford have what 10 or 11. and they still almost outsell gm, truck wise ford kicks butt, car wise dodge and overall dodge. my mom barely knows the difference between a truck and a car and her and my dad both have owned chevy's and other gm's, and we didnt have anything but problems, broken cd players, pistons frying, rattling, car shutting off all of the sudden, ruff ride, faulty buttons, and eventually the whole motor blowing, every gm we have ever owned the motor has blown, and all of them were brand new, all blew up within the period of two months after getting the vehicle, my mom always goes back to dodge, and so does my dad, we have never had any problems with fords or dodges, chevy is so high on a pedistol they just throw a vehicle together and expect it to sell, they have no commitment, the motors are junk, and so is the whole vehicle, and the challenger will stomp the camaro, they did in the old days and will again, so chevy lovers dont hate appreciate, and get off of your high horse and realize there is other better vehicles out there and maybe you will realize chevys aint all that, there just a big heap of metal with a cheap engine, and crappy parts. why do you think chevy's are cheaper junky cheaper parts.
Woah there, dodgefan. I think you need to slow down a little. It's your first post and already I get the feeling you're diggin a hole you might not be able to get out of. If you have not already done so, let me direct your attention........

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239

WE SHOW RESPECT. WE DISAGREE. AND...WE DO NOT ATTACK.

I feel sorry for your family that they have had bad experiences with GM vehicles. If you have watched tv lately, you might have seen GM up their warranties on all of their vehicles. This was done due to a decrease in warranty claims on all vehicles. So, saying they are over rated is stretching it there. Here's some info on that warranty and why they did it.

News bulletin
GM offers 5-year/100,000-mile warranties on '07s

September 6, 2006
Email this Print this By Angela Tablac
Free Press business writer

Rick Wagoner, chairman and CEO of General Motors, announces that all GM cars and trucks will come with a 100,000 mile/5 year powertrain warranty and roadside assistance. (ERIC SEALS/Detroit Free Press)
General Motors Corp. announced today the extension of its warranty coverage to 100,000 miles or five years for all its 2007 car and light-truck models in the United States and Canada.

The new fully transferable, limited powertrain warranty is the “next chapter in the GM turnaround story,” Chairman and CEO Rick Wagoner said at a press conference at GM Renaissance Center’s outdoor Wintergarden in Detroit.

“It’s something our customers want and something our employees and dealers want to offer,” Wagoner said. The coverage is the best warranty of any full-line automaker.

GM said the coverage reflects confidence in its product quality. Total warranty repairs have been reduced by 40% over the past five years, Wagoner said at the conference.

Saying GM isn't committed is far from true. If GM wasn't committed, you wouldn't be seeing this.....
GM shares hit 52-week high

October 23, 2006

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Shares of General Motors Corp. traded at a new 52-week high of $35 on Monday in advance of the automaker’s release of third quarter earnings later this week.

Shares of the world’s largest automaker were up $1.36, or 4%, at $34.70 in afternoon trading Monday on the New York Stock Exchange. Over the past 52weeks, GM had previously traded between $18.33 and $34.

The automaker Wednesday is expected to release more promising results than Ford Motor Co., which announced a $5.8 billion loss in the third quarter Monday.
Thomson Financial’s survey of analysts expects GM to earn 49 cents a share during the third quarter, compared with a loss of $1.92 per share a year ago.

Burnham Securities analyst David Healy said GM has turned the corner with its turnaround plan and said GM’s stock was boosted in comparison to Ford’s third quarter results.

“I think there’s going to be quite a contrast there,” Healy said.

Check GM's stock performance at http://snipurl.com/106mc

OR THIS...

4 GM vehicles win in satisfaction survey

October 9, 2006

By SARAH KARUSH

Honda Motor Co. held onto its overall ranking as the best full-line automaker, while General Motors Corp., which won in four segments, was the only domestic automaker with any top-ranked vehicles.

GM, in addition to its tie for small SUV, had segment leaders with the Chevrolet Corvette (small specialty over $25,000), the Corvette convertible (convertible over $30,000), and the Chevrolet Silverado (heavy-duty pickup).

Edwards praised GM for focusing on improving its products and taking steps to wean itself from incentives, which erode a brand’s value.
Ford Motor Co. and DaimlerChrysler AG’s Chrysler Group had no winners in any of the categories.

This means people are buying GM's stock because GM is procucing higher quality, better gas mileage, more affordable vehicles.

You think GM's motors are junk? I'm sorry you feel that way. Apparently a vast majority can fully disagree with your opinion. GM has what's called an LS1. It's pretty poplular and gets great gas mileage. Then, it has an LS2. That runs about 400hp. I like that one. Then there's the LS3. That is what's supposed to go into the Concept Camaro from what we've heard...and it has 450hp which will trump the Challengers expected 430hp. That 450hp is what the Camaro should have, but could most likely put out more w/ tweaking. I like that one too. There's also the LS7. That's a 427 cubic inch small block pushing 505hp. It's used in the Z06 and each one is hand built. That's my favorite . On top of all of this, GM has what's called active fuel management. Basically, all of these "muslecar engines" will be getting over 30 mpg's. I, personally, wouldn't call that junk. I would call that genius.

It's okay to dislike the top selling manufacturer along with its impeccable record of quality...quality proven by the graph shown above which was provided by a very reliable source. I see 3 GM vehicles there ranked along w/ Jaguars and Porches and even Lexus. That says quite a bit for GM.

Don't be so angry, dodgefan. You can get your Challenger. BTW, I think it is a beautiful concept car and I hope they build it just like they have shown it. We'll still love to see you at the track and shoot the bull.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:17 AM   #16
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
I love people who have completely baseless arguements as to why something is better than the other. If your preference is toward Fords or Dodges then that is fine, I can respect that. However, an arguments such as "my mom always goes back to dodge, and so does my dad" just makes me laugh. Funny thing is that I am sure this person is just trying to get a rise out of us... personally I find it kind of funny.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:49 AM   #17
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgefan View Post
read the name, in my opinion chevy's are absolutely the most overated vehicles ever. i get so sick of hearing there the best there the greatest, sure gm outsells everthing the must have 500 different brands, but that doesnt mean there the best, dodge and ford have what 10 or 11. and they still almost outsell gm, truck wise ford kicks butt, car wise dodge and overall dodge. my mom barely knows the difference between a truck and a car and her and my dad both have owned chevy's and other gm's, and we didnt have anything but problems, broken cd players, pistons frying, rattling, car shutting off all of the sudden, ruff ride, faulty buttons, and eventually the whole motor blowing, every gm we have ever owned the motor has blown, and all of them were brand new, all blew up within the period of two months after getting the vehicle, my mom always goes back to dodge, and so does my dad, we have never had any problems with fords or dodges, chevy is so high on a pedistol they just throw a vehicle together and expect it to sell, they have no commitment, the motors are junk, and so is the whole vehicle, and the challenger will stomp the camaro, they did in the old days and will again, so chevy lovers dont hate appreciate, and get off of your high horse and realize there is other better vehicles out there and maybe you will realize chevys aint all that, there just a big heap of metal with a cheap engine, and crappy parts. why do you think chevy's are cheaper junky cheaper parts.
Hey man if your a dodge fan than why are you on this sight go join a dodge sight and leave ours the hell alone. I mean we are all friends here and respect the Camaro and you come in and put ot down, man that is just wrong. And by the way the Camaro stomped a mudhole in the challenger and charger and mustangs ass and walked it dry. All and dodgefan here is a little quote what the Camaro will say to all.
"You don't have to love me."
"You don't even have to like me."
"BUT YOU WILL RESPECT ME!"
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:59 PM   #18
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
dodgefan =

Blah Blah Blah.

TAG your to nice.
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 02:25 PM   #19
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Internet trolls rule
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:09 AM   #20
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

That was me making sure he understood how it works.....basically, I'd call that a nice warning. Next time I can guarantee you all, I won't be as "nice."
Old 11-14-2006, 10:17 AM   #21
LowRider
LowRider

Killer you called me stupid()and I was taking up for the sight. Thanks man I have for you.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:12 PM   #22
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
Killer you called me stupid()and I was taking up for the sight. Thanks man I have for you.
( ) This was not directed at you, did you see your name in front of the sign? You definitely get one now...
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:14 PM   #23
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
( ) This was not directed at you, did you see your name in front of the sign? You definitely get one now...
Old 11-15-2006, 07:29 PM   #24
WildKatB
'69 SS/RS 350

Drives: '69 LeMans Blue SS/RS Camaro
I'm actually thrilled to see all these American Muscle cars being resurected . I loved the look of the Dodge, a 500hp Mustang Shelby styled oldskool is awesome, but the Camaro will always be my favorite. A good 'ol muscle car war is so much neater than a 'who drives the biggest tank/SUV soccer wagon war'. I hope GM, Dodge, and Ford sell enough of these to be a noticeable presence among the Japanese tuners that are taking over our streets.
WildKatB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:53 AM   #25
LowRider
LowRider

Killer wee i am sorry for doing that.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:42 PM   #26
Zyreal
Long Arm

Drives: Dodge Neon
Someone had asked about what Dodge has to keep it financially stable. Dodge is getting most of the Police contracts that the Crown Vic is losing. Our department currently has 3 Chargers and 1 Magnum. Plans are to replace the whole fleet in the coming 2 years. Chargers for Patrol, and Magnums for K-9's.

And no, I'm not a dodge die hard, we also have the Tahoe, and it performs beautifully.

As well as the reason I'm here is my intense adoration for the 5th Gen Camaro, and I do intend to get one as soon as it hits the showroom. (in Black for the curious)

Last edited by Zyreal; 11-30-2006 at 07:21 PM.
Zyreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:34 AM   #27
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyreal View Post
Someone had asked about what Dodge has to keep it financially stable. Dodge is getting most of the Police contracts that the Crown Vic is losing. Our department currently has 3 Chargers and 1 Magnum. Plans are to replace the whole fleet in the coming 2 years. Chargers for Patrol, and Magnums for K-9's.

And no, I'm not a dodge die hard, we also have the Tahoe, and it performs beautifully.

As well as the reason I'm here is my intense adoration for the 5th Gen Camaro, and I do intend to get one as soon as it hits the showroom. (in Black for the curious)
Welcome to the forum! I'll take mine in black as well
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:27 PM   #28
Zyreal
Long Arm

Drives: Dodge Neon
Thanks.

As nice as the Silver and Yellow versions are, there is just something about the 5th Gen in Black that makes it look like the meanest thing on the streets. Coupled with the Saleen 600hp Supercharged engine, yeah, I think I'm set.
Zyreal is offline   Reply With Quote