Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-08-2014, 03:17 PM   #1
Red 2010 Camaro

Drives: Red 2010 Camaro
Wink Brembo Brakes On A V-6 Question?

I have a 2010 1LT V-6 Camaro that I will soon be installing SS Brembo brakes on, and have a couple of questions for those of you Camaro owners who have done this install. The questions I have are regarding the bolts that are used to mount the flexible brake lines to the back side of the calipers. I will be using braided stainless lines for the install as well.

After shopping on Ebay and Amazon for the caliper brake line bolt kit for the SS calipers, they ALL show that the kit consists of two fine threaded, flanged, hex headed short bolts, as well as two hex headed guide pins. I am assuming that I will have to purchase two kits to install the SS calipers FRONT AND REAR as well.

My questions are as follows. Are the two short fine threaded hex headed bolts used to mount the flex lines to the back side of the calipers, and what are the guide pins that are included in the kit used for ?

Thanks In Advance For All Your Help.

All The Best,

Red 2010 Camaro
Red 2010 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:15 PM   #2
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Old 02-08-2014, 10:37 PM   #3
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Please post a link. That doesn't sound familiar.

I bought Goodridge lines. They came with caliper mounting bolts and washers. The brake lines have two other attachment points. The far end where you connect to the main brake lines (non flexible) with the threaded end of the stainless line (and a spacing clip) and the mid point where you reuse the original bolt.

Remember for the rear Brembos you will need to deal with the dust shields.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:38 PM   #4
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010
Just buy Goodridge lines from a reliable source on here. Thats what I did. They come with everything you need for the instal, and with the bracket that holds the line in place, you reuse the factory bolt. The connection point to the car, and caliper itself, hardware is included.
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote