The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 01-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
Gohan

Clarification on C7 Corvette allocations

Read this posted by a dealer recently:

Quote:
GM has not told any dealers how many C7s they will be getting and don't plan on releasing that information until April or May. If a dealer is telling you that he has plenty of allocation or that he is out of allocation than I can tell that the dealer is doing nothing but guessing.

There were certain requirements that dealers had to complete last year to qualify to get even 1 C7 in the first 6 to 9 months of production. I've heard that as low as 25% of all dealers met those requirements and the bulk of those will only get 1 C7 in the initial allocation.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:54 AM   #2
imported_Dodojoe

It is my understanding that the dealer will receive one allocation for ever four corvettes they sold in 2013.
imported_Dodojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
Gohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodojoe View Post
It is my understanding that the dealer will receive one allocation for ever four corvettes they sold in 2013.
Interesting. Good source?
Old 02-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
imported_Dodojoe

Yes. Very good.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #5
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
Someone please correct me if I am mistaken.

My understanding about allocation is that a dealer will be entitled to X C7 Corvettes, however it is all about how fast they can then churn them off the production line.

My dealer stated that they are the largest on the west coast, and they are expecting 12-15 a month.
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #6
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
If they plan on selling 30,000 units in a year, you would think that they would be a little more lax in their priorites when it comes to allocations. My 2 cents.
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #7
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
I followed the train wreck that was the 5th Generation Camaro Release. I got everything in writing and did some homework on the dealer so I feel that I am in the best position I can be.

If the dealer screws me over I will do my part in warning everyone else and find another dealer. I don't have to be one of the first.
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:12 AM   #8
imported_Dodojoe

First, when we start talking about 30, 000 units, that is a very optimistic number. Dont really think the plant will hit that type of production #s. Too many vendors involved, there is always someone that has a shortage and this slows the whole process. The allocations in the first three months will be less than the 2nd quarter of production simply due to quality control issues that are involved for the first few months.
Patience is necessary, simply because there is no room to make any mistakes with this car.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #9
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Drives: '13 Caddy ATS, '10 2SS/RS ABM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodojoe View Post
Not accurate. Dealers had to sell at least 4 Corvettes in a defined time period to qualify to be included in the initial allocation cycles for C7. The sales requirement wasn't tied to a specific model year and it was only one of the dealer requirements. There were others. In addition, dealer allocation isn't/won't be 1 C7 for every 4 Corvettes sold. That's a myth. 4 was just the chin bar to qualify. Chevrolet hasn't published allocation estimates to dealers yet and won't for some time.
Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:58 AM   #10
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
^

Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #11
imported_Dodojoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
Not accurate. Dealers had to sell at least 4 Corvettes in a defined time period to qualify to be included in the initial allocation cycles for C7. The sales requirement wasn't tied to a specific model year and it was only one of the dealer requirements. There were others. In addition, dealer allocation isn't/won't be 1 C7 for every 4 Corvettes sold. That's a myth. 4 was just the chin bar to qualify. Chevrolet hasn't published allocation estimates to dealers yet and won't for some time.
Only time will tell. It is simply going to be what it is going to be. Not a matter of who is right or wrong, I wish there wasnt going to be any limits and the plant could push them out as fast as everyone wants but it wont happen that way. Quality control is a must.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #12
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
As of Today...

Allocation / Availability....

Has NOT... been given....
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #13
Casper ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
As of Today...

Allocation / Availability....

Has NOT... been given....
Hello Becky, get the popcorn ready because you are going to be a really, really busy girl tracking all the Camaro orders and now all the Corvette C7 orders:bangdesk: GOD BLESS !
Casper ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #14
DucMan

Drives: Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_Dodojoe View Post
First, when we start talking about 30, 000 units, that is a very optimistic number. Dont really think the plant will hit that type of production #s. Too many vendors involved, there is always someone that has a shortage and this slows the whole process. The allocations in the first three months will be less than the 2nd quarter of production simply due to quality control issues that are involved for the first few months.
Patience is necessary, simply because there is no room to make any mistakes with this car.
Actually 30k is probably a conservative number. The BG plant was manufacturing in excess of 33k units for a number of years along with the Cadillac XLR. I do not know if they plan on sharing the plant with another car but my guess is they will hit 40k without much of an issue for a number of reasons.
-Vendors simply won't allow a shortage, it would cost them dearly. They all have contingency plans as does GM.
-Dave Tatman-Plant Manager has stated that there will be over 800 full time assembly workers with another 170 temporary employees approved for hire if necessary.
-215k units built over the past 9 years averages nearly 24k a year. Several of these years were horrible, around 11k no fault of the plant, due to lack luster sales.
-JD Power had a study and found that new models have less issues regarding quality than established ones.

02/22/2014 Placed Order at Dealer
02/28/2014 1100
02/28/2014 1102
DucMan is offline   Reply With Quote