The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Member's Lounge > Off-Topic Chat

Old 02-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #183
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
"Overflow a Very Own Thread!": Home of space stuff and Ken's Facebook fights.

I'm sorry I couldn't resist. But seriously I feel like you were just arguing with yourself. He wasn't contributing at all.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #184
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
"Overflow a Very Own Thread!": Home of space stuff and Ken's Facebook fights.

I'm sorry I couldn't resist. But seriously I feel like you were just arguing with yourself. He wasn't contributing at all.
I love it

It is a lost cause. He believes his satirical rants somehow override logic.

I stand with no one party. I base my beliefs off morale convictions; not ignorant assumptions.

:sad:
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:15 PM   #185
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

We better end this political talk before we get in trouble.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #186
GaBoy25

On that note just found this in some old boxes. Been looking for I this for a while. Brings back some memories. I was 14 years old

Old 02-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #187
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

I've been thinking about joining that, but my AF enlistment is this year so it'd be a waste to try to join now.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #188
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
When this year?
Old 02-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #189
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

At the end of the year.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #190
GaBoy25

Quote:
At the end of the year.
Thats awesome! My bad vision killed my aspirations to be a pilot in the AF. But that program gave me experiences most dont even have on their bucket list.

Signed up for the Marine Corps in 2002 but a wild graduation party had my recruiter seeing red when they tested....

Met a girl and fell head over heels making him more irate. Girl turned out crazy (took everything I owned) before moving out of state.

Not a day goes by that I dont regret going. I still feel like I was MEANT to be a soldier. I have my life and a family now. Cant let these guys down being fatherless myself.

Congrats btw. I bet your livid with excitment
Old 02-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #191
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Reason I never joined the military is because I wanted to do one of two things: fly attack helicopters or fly fighter jets.

And I doubt the Army or Air Force would appreciate it much if a pilot was looking at the floor of the cockpit trying to find his contact that just fell out. And lasik just scares the sh*t out of me.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #192
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
Thats awesome! My bad vision killed my aspirations to be a pilot in the AF. But that program gave me experiences most dont even have on their bucket list.

Signed up for the Marine Corps in 2002 but a wild graduation party had my recruiter seeing red when they tested....

Met a girl and fell head over heels making him more irate. Girl turned out crazy (took everything I owned) before moving out of state.

Not a day goes by that I dont regret going. I still feel like I was MEANT to be a soldier. I have my life and a family now. Cant let these guys down being fatherless myself.

Congrats btw. I bet your livid with excitment
Yeah I know for a fact I won't be a pilot. I have an astigmatism in my left eye that prevents me from becoming a pilot.

It's the fact that you still went out of your way to try to serve your country, makes you better than the rest. So many people just sit on their rears b*tching and complaining about the country. It takes true brave people to actually dedicate themselves to their country. Hey, it may not have worked out, but you still have my respect.

Oh yeah I'm really excited and nervous at the same time. I haven't even swallowed the fact that I'm most likely going into the military, and I'm already excited. It'll be weird to have so much change in so little time.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #193
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Reason I never joined the military is because I wanted to do one of two things: fly attack helicopters or fly fighter jets.

And I doubt the Army or Air Force would appreciate it much if a pilot was looking at the floor of the cockpit trying to find his contact that just fell out. And lasik just scares the sh*t out of me.
You could always be one of the people that shoot from the helicopters.

Oh yeah Lasik is a total no-go for me. Call me a baby but I've watched how they perform the surgery and it does not look like a big bowl of joy.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #194
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Quote:

Oh yeah Lasik is a total no-go for me. Call me a baby but I've watched how they perform the surgery and it does not look like a big bowl of joy.
It's actually changed quite a bit over the past few years. Knives are no longer used and PPRK i believe it is and others solely use lasers now.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #195
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by C7_Z51 View Post
It's actually changed quite a bit over the past few years. Knives are no longer used and PPRK i believe it is and others solely use lasers now.

Hmm..
Old 02-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #196
GaBoy25

Quote:
Yeah I know for a fact I won't be a pilot. I have an astigmatism in my left eye that prevents me from becoming a pilot.

It's the fact that you still went out of your way to try to serve your country, makes you better than the rest. So many people just sit on their rears b*tching and complaining about the country. It takes true brave people to actually dedicate themselves to their country. Hey, it may not have worked out, but you still have my respect.

Oh yeah I'm really excited and nervous at the same time. I haven't even swallowed the fact that I'm most likely going into the military, and I'm already excited. It'll be weird to have so much change in so little time.
I appreciate that:usa:
Quote:

What Eric Said
Quote:
Originally Posted by C7_Z51 View Post
I had heard that this new surgery was approved for pilots; no risk of peeling at high gs because no incisions are made.

Is this correct???