The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 11-17-2017, 10:42 AM   #1
LC-SS1LE

Drives: 2SS-RS 1LE
You bought a WHAT?

That is the statement I hear most often when I tell folks I bought a Camaro. The reason behind their shock is that I have been a Ford guy all my life, my Dad worked indirectly for Ford for over 40 years. I’ve owned many cars over the years including several Mustangs, so when it came time to get a “toy” I naturally thought it would be a Mustang. So as I began to get serious about the purchase a friend at a dealership called me and said, we just took a car in on trade you have to come see. The car was a 2013 Camaro SS 1LE. Needless to say once I drove it I was hooked, this car handled better than any of the Mustangs I had looked at, some with suspension mods, some not – hell this thing handled better than some race cars I had driven – way back in the day when racing was dangerous and sex was safe, as someone once said.
So after doing my research I found one equipped the way I wanted only 450 miles away, so now it sits in my garage and it makes me smile every time I even look at it.
Thanks to everyone on this site who made a comment about these cars, the mods they made or just their experiences – this site was a huge part of my research for this purchase.
I will continue to rely on this site, because even though this thing is pretty good out of the box – can’t buy a toy and not “play” (read mod) with it a bit.
So thanks again for this group/ forum and try to take a little easy on me for asking the dumb questions down the road, I have a lot to learn, like how in the h**l to post pictures from my computer!
LC
Old 11-17-2017, 10:44 AM   #2
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Are you going to check out the new Mustang with their version of the 1LE package when it comes out? Seems like a pretty sweet ride.

Congrats on breaking the oval and going bowtie though!

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:52 AM   #3
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
Welcome! Past don't matter, we all make mistakes! ROFL!!! Best advice I will give you after being a first time 5th gen owner for 2 years now is this. Find a tuner. Period. Or learn to tune yourself. Why? As you prob know these cars are ALL computer. If your gonna do it the right way, as mods progress the tune may change. Even your stock car would benefit from a tune, many would argue this but again, working with a tuner as the mods progress will save you $$$, grief, etc.

I am a true convert with dynoSteve at RDP. With the SCT handheld loading the tune is easy and I can data log with it. HP tuners is another route but more $$$.

His first tune for me was a major wake up for the car and after my 3.91's upgrade the new tune just freakin rocks!

Enjoy your new ride and fyi..leave the nannies on for a little bit until your are completely confident you know the car...THEN turn the nannies completely OFF for a whole new experience!(just don't do this when the roads are wet!) Peace out...
Old 11-17-2017, 12:41 PM   #4
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
conGRATS on your new Camaro!!!! Welcome to the forum. When you get a second, check out our website for all your Camaro goodies.....

PHASTEKPERFORMANCE.COM

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help with placing your order. PM me here or shoot me a email for a faster response.

sales@phastekperformance.com

gabe
Old 11-17-2017, 04:59 PM   #5
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Welcome to the Chevy side of the street.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:18 PM   #6
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:59 PM   #7
hkittrell

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
Welcome
hkittrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:56 AM   #8
SSE14

Drives: 2014 Spring Special Edition SS Vert
Congrats on your new ride!
Old 11-18-2017, 06:47 PM   #9
Ashen 6.2

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/SS
Welcome & Congrats!

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Holley Dominator ECU, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, Kooks Headers, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Ashen 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 01:39 PM   #10
LC-SS1LE

Drives: 2SS-RS 1LE
Thanks to everyone for the welcomes and yes I have a list of mods and a tuner and tune are at the top of the list. I'm a DIY guy but when it comes to the complexity of the computer I will leave it to the experts. I've already put the Z28 cold air return on it and headers are the next thing to do - need to let the beast breath.

And yes I've seen some info about the new Mustangs - but another reason I guess I was hesitant about pulling the trigger on one, which lead me to the 1LE was that EVERYBODY I know has a da*n Mustang - in my neighborhood alone there are 5 around me - I joke with them that I'm surrounded - but none of them can drive worth s**t and most of them don't know much about their cars. My next door neighbor has a GT w/Performance Pack and was shocked recently when he came from the local Jiffy Lube and was told he couldn't rotate the tires (different size rims/tires front/rear). So I may be surrounded but its mainly by idiots!

Thanks again and keep up those great topics!

LC
Old 11-19-2017, 06:04 PM   #11
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Anyone that would take a camaro to a dam cheap Oil quick change. You would have to understand why he didn't know about the rims sizes.
I was just wondering who told the oil guy about the tire rims sizes?
Old 11-19-2017, 06:13 PM   #12
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Ughhhh...jiffy lube
2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:24 PM   #13
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
ESSENTIAL ...very first mod is to install a skip shift eliminator. Cheap $25,EZ PZ 5min install you can do it yourself if you can get under your car. If not take it to trans shop and for another $25 you can shift all the gears all the time without restriction.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:45 AM   #14
AmySoto

Drives: chevrolet impala
oh, they are amazing
AmySoto is offline   Reply With Quote