Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-31-2016, 08:02 PM   #281
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
I'm pretty sure I did all of that right. I can check again tomorrow. Everything fit together after that without much effort so I think I did it right.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:21 AM   #282
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper1SS View Post
Did you make sure the seal is all the way down on the top of the box? Also make sure all the feet are in all three grommets and the air inlet is sitting flush around the opening of the Roto-Fab air inlet opening.
Thanks for the advice! We really appreciate the customer support we have seen with this system.

Michael
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:50 AM   #283
Lord Dirt

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Mine is the same, I think the box is too big so the hood lifts up a little.
GARNET RED TINTCOAT 2SS, A8, NPP DUAL EXHAUST, MY LINK AUDIO SYSTEM W/NAV, 20" Staccato M183 Black Niche Wheels, Toyo Proxes 4 Tires, ROTO-FAB CAI, Black ZL1 Spoiler, DARKEST LEGAL TINT, Black "SS" TIRE VALVE STEMS, CAMARO SS LICENSE PLATE FRAME
Lord Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:52 AM   #284
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
very good testing you rock!
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:56 PM   #285
Ecchi667

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Just finished installing. I notice that the hood on the driver side is very slightly raised compared to the passenger side and seems to make the panel gaps bigger. Is anyone else noticing this or did I not sit the box properly?
I have a fix for this. I'll upload the photos shortly...
Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 01:10 PM   #286
Ecchi667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Dirt View Post
Mine is the same, I think the box is too big so the hood lifts up a little.
Find the big rubber screw hood aligner thingy dudes and adjust them until you get the hood level. The first one is near the fuse box on the passenger side. Here's mine at their adjusted heights (last pic shows how far up I moved that first one):
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2016, 01:21 PM   #287
Ecchi667

I would probably revisit those rubber screws after a while as the seal on the box likely settles some.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:23 PM   #288
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecchi667 View Post
Find the big rubber screw hood aligner thingy dudes and adjust them until you get the hood level. The first one is near the fuse box on the passenger side. Here's mine at their adjusted heights (last pic shows how far up I moved that first one):
+1
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:24 AM   #289
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Mine fit perfectly once I messed around with the box. On my install on my first try one of the Camaro rubber grommets got croooked and was smashed in sideways. It took a couple of trys to get it right.

What was wierd was the fan went crazy the first time I started the car and was running so fast it was making a loud whining sound. But after a quick drive and a restart it settled down.

Mine was a sound tube delete. So happy to get rid of that ugly tube and all the stuff that goes with it. And I have an easy way to run wires into the dash later. With the nice intake sound the sound tube would be a double waste for me.

I am not sure the car is any faster but it sounds better. Also loving my full time DRs. I never see TC coming on any more.

Also flipping the RF panel was a PIA. I wonder why the red lettering was not the original look? But so far, great job Rotofab. Looking forward to more testing and my own testing at Atco.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:34 AM   #290
Ecchi667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Mine fit perfectly once I messed around with the box. On my install on my first try one of the Camaro rubber grommets got croooked and was smashed in sideways. It took a couple of trys to get it right.

What was wierd was the fan went crazy the first time I started the car and was running so fast it was making a loud whining sound. But after a quick drive and a restart it settled down.

Mine was a sound tube delete. So happy to get rid of that ugly tube and all the stuff that goes with it. And I have an easy way to run wires into the dash later. With the nice intake sound the sound tube would be a double waste for me.

I am not sure the car is any faster but it sounds better. Also loving my full time DRs. I never see TC coming on any more.

Also flipping the RF panel was a PIA. I wonder why the red lettering was not the original look? But so far, great job Rotofab. Looking forward to more testing and my own testing at Atco.
Interesting, my fan did the same thing the first time I ran the car. I was only turning it around in the garage so it didn't have time to bother me, but I could hear it over the engine and when I shut the car off it was still spinning for some time. I didn't disconnect the battery when I did the install and wondered if it was something to do with that, but I don't really see how. Anyway, no problems since then.

I wonder if those hood rubber do-dads are already raised for some people. Mine were all at different heights when I adjusted them. In fact one fell off and down near the radiator before I adjusted them. That was fun to fish out...
Old 09-12-2016, 11:52 AM   #291
diirk

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Interesting, my fan did the same thing the first time I ran the car. I was only turning it around in the garage so it didn't have time to bother me, but I could hear it over the engine and when I shut the car off it was still spinning for some time. I didn't disconnect the battery when I did the install and wondered if it was something to do with that, but I don't really see how. Anyway, no problems since then.

I wonder if those hood rubber do-dads are already raised for some people. Mine were all at different heights when I adjusted them. In fact one fell off and down near the radiator before I adjusted them. That was fun to fish out...
I don't have an intake, but I did have to adjusted the rubber stops to get my hood to sit level. It was delivered with a small height difference between the hood and fender, easily rectified with the adjuster. Just an FYI....
1morproject
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 12:43 PM   #292
Fraxum

Quote:

I did not disconnect the battery either. Doh! I forgot.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:02 PM   #293
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post

This is the first we've heard of changes in the fan sound, I'm glad it isn't an ongoing issue.

We chose to make the etched logo our standard badge option to be more neutral with the different color schemes that someone may have.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the Roto-fab system!
Michael
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:32 PM   #294
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
This is the first we've heard of changes in the fan sound, I'm glad it isn't an ongoing issue.

We chose to make the etched logo our standard badge option to be more neutral with the different color schemes that someone may have.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the Roto-fab system!
Michael
The fan thing is NBD, although strange at first. Flipping the badge is a PIA, but then if it was easy anybody could do it. Thanks for providing an alternative. Heading to Atco tonight. What I am looking for is not so much the ET but rather the MPH. In the air tonight I expect 112 mph+- In good air it is as high as 117, but usually around 116. Of course if I get a good hook the ET will tell the story, the MPH not so much. In air like tonight my best is high 12.4s. I am learning how to best launch on NT555Rs and not doing any better than street tires so far.

Not sure if my butt is lying to me but the car feels stronger in the higher gears. The sound is great.