Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 06-14-2016, 05:37 PM   #393
MAtRiX_757

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Mine needed the bolts replaced and I got it back today, it doesn't look like they changed the oil at all. Are they supposed to? My life meter says 56%.
MAtRiX_757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 12:31 PM   #394
seth_man

Drives: camaro
hopefully the rest of you get this taken care of before the pickup tube falls out of the oil pan like this one did. this one wiped out the main and rod bearings and
crankshaft.

seth_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 12:36 PM   #395
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Wow...good pic.....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 01:02 PM   #396
nbryant

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtRiX_757 View Post
Mine needed the bolts replaced and I got it back today, it doesn't look like they changed the oil at all. Are they supposed to? My life meter says 56%.
They probably didn't reset it. Get in touch with them to verify if the documentation they provided you doesn't note the engine being serviced with oil.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:12 PM   #397
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Question, did all of that had this done got the recall pulled up when you entered your vin?

I entered my vin and it said no recalls needed.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:40 AM   #398
luv2ride

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Camaro
Hi All,

So unfortunately I have this issue, however the oil pump pickup tube fell out while the car was in motion. I was on a two lane road at 55+ miles an hour and there was not a safe place to pull over immediately as there was no shoulder. The car was driven for approximately 3 miles at speed before I could pull over.

Here is my quandary and an issue I am facing with the repair:

First off, I have had extensive experience with motors, building and tuning, based on drag racing interest and hobby. With this said, The dealership has the car and in the processes of figuring out next steps. Initial diagnosis from dealership is as follows:

-No metal in pan
-Rod and Crank OK
-Replace pan and oil pump/pickup
-Put back together and go forward

Here is my issue. This car is not my daily driver and it will see maybe 20K in 15 years time. I have had the car for 3+ months and it still has <1000 miles.
IMO, knowing what I know, I would expect due diligence to insure things are not hurt. This would include inspecting the cylinder walls, piston skirts, rings, cam bearings etc. to insure items are not damaged or coating on various parts is not compromised. Since they are not inspecting the engine there could be a related failure that I might not realize in a timely manner, unless converted to a daily driver. This is not why I bought the car and feel like a proper inspection is required.

Am I crazy? I really don't feel like I am asking for something excessive to insure the engine is not hurt. If I was on the hook $$ wise to repair the engine in the future, I would want to insure it was not tainted, but the warranty game is getting in the way. "If it breaks again, we will fix it IF it is still under warranty." In my case, that is a big IF.....

In addition, the tow company provided by GM roadside assistance also damaged the drivers side floor pan gusset which is another hassle...
Attached Images

luv2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 03:51 PM   #399
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
Luv2ride, I would be thinking the same as you, however they only call for inspection of the bottom end if the tube had fallen off. Hopefully everything will be fine.
I have a question for everyone that had to have the work performed due to having raised numbers, after work was done has there been any complaints of chassi noise , squeaks , thuds, tapping ect or has the car performed the same as did before the recall procedure.
Thanks
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:10 PM   #400
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
That sucks on the sheet metal damage. They should have used the damn tow hook. I'd go after the tow company for that repair.
TSloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:33 PM   #401
luv2ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSloper View Post
That sucks on the sheet metal damage. They should have used the damn tow hook. I'd go after the tow company for that repair.
GM Roadside Assistance (Allstate) has contacted me for pictures and estimate information. I can only hope they are going after the tow company.

FYI - I heard from GM and they will not do anything more than I mentioned. The dealer is trying to extend warranty to 6 years, but who knows if that will actually happen.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:04 PM   #402
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Did you guys get a loaner for this?
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:52 AM   #403
luv2ride

I never did, but I didn't need one and never requested one.

In the end they did the lease amount of work possible and had the car for over two weeks. It is now fixed, but who knows the longevity aspects. I will drive for awhile and have the oil filter inspected for metal and signs of impending failure.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:53 PM   #404
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2ride View Post
I never did, but I didn't need one and never requested one.

In the end they did the lease amount of work possible and had the car for over two weeks. It is now fixed, but who knows the longevity aspects. I will drive for awhile and have the oil filter inspected for metal and signs of impending failure.
i would escalate with GM and try to get a solid discount on a new one and trade it in. you have seen too much. if you get a discount, how much more could it be? If you have a bunch of miles on it already i would pay $1-2k for a 0 on the odo and peace of mind.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 05:08 PM   #405
BigBadBlue

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue SS
The Recall on the tube

I did what you did today . Verify that I have the etched numbers and do not need the job done . I'm going book an appointment next week so the dealer an clear it .Thanks for sharing .
BigBadBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:53 PM   #406
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by seth_man View Post
hopefully the rest of you get this taken care of before the pickup tube falls out of the oil pan like this one did. this one wiped out the main and rod bearings and
crankshaft.

No pic there???
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote