The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 12-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
MB1

Drives: BMW M3
3LT durability?

I really like the 3LT dashboard and door panels but worry that it will get scuffed up by people getting in my car and even when I put up a sunshield. Anyone with a 3LT care to advise? Am I better off with a 2LT?
MB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
New C7

Drives: 2014 Corvette Coupe
My car has the 3LT option in Kalahari.

The lower section of the door panels are the typical plastic, so they will resist scuffing the same as any other door panel.

The 3LT dash is mostly leather, so time will tell if it holds up to UV. In my opinion, the leather and vinyl will resist wear about the same. Both have a top coating to resist wear. I am sure the leather has been thoroughly tested so it should wear no worse than vinyl.

The 3LT option leather is very high quality and on par with top of the line cars from other manufacturers. I have a Lexus IS350 as a daily driver and seats at 90,000 miles shows almost no wear. The dash and door panels are plastic and vinyl, so its not the same as the 3LT.
New C7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Do the interior with a good protectant like 303 or POORBOYS natural look, use XPEL on the door sills from amazon and tell your passengers to behave themselves....prob solved....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:14 PM   #4
MB1

Drives: BMW M3
I might go for it and try my best to be careful. I'll decide very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New C7 View Post
My car has the 3LT option in Kalahari.

The lower section of the door panels are the typical plastic, so they will resist scuffing the same as any other door panel.

The 3LT dash is mostly leather, so time will tell if it holds up to UV. In my opinion, the leather and vinyl will resist wear about the same. Both have a top coating to resist wear. I am sure the leather has been thoroughly tested so it should wear no worse than vinyl.

The 3LT option leather is very high quality and on par with top of the line cars from other manufacturers. I have a Lexus IS350 as a daily driver and seats at 90,000 miles shows almost no wear. The dash and door panels are plastic and vinyl, so its not the same as the 3LT.
MB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #5
camaro6speed

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
If you're worried about the UV rays on the dash, get a dash mat by Dash Design. We have them on all of our vehicles and the dashes still look brand new (even on our 1996 F-250!)
Old 12-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #6
Silversled

Drives: 2016 ZL1 1LE
I've been driving cars with full leather interiors for some time. This is my tried and true things to do.

1) Get a high quality tint on all of the windows. I use 3M Crystalline for its heat rejection. Even if you don't want to darken your windows, put something on like a 75% or 90%.
2) Use a windshield shade every time you park it outdoors. Do it religiously.
3) Once a month, gently detail the interior and moisturize the interior surfaces. I use Larry Kosilla's methods and products. Use the ones that you like and work for you.
4) Be gentle with your interior.
5) If guest riders are rough with your interior and don't have enough respect for your stuff, ban them from riding in it.
Silversled is offline   Reply With Quote