Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-10-2017, 09:48 PM   #99
monkeychops

Drives: 2016 V6 6 speed
excellent.
DYNO.
Thanks Will
Does the 6 speed need a clutch at this power level?
monkeychops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:13 PM   #100
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by willoverkill View Post
Dyno testing and tune development is complete on the 2016 kit. 366.5 wheel horsepower is the final number of the BASE kit, running 8.5 psi. This is the result we were expecting, this car put down 263.9 at the wheels factory so this is a full 100 wheel horsepower gain!

There's nothing modified to this Camaro except for the supercharger kit. The exhaust system is stock including the factory cat converters, the engine is fully stock inside, stock throttle body, etc. Running on pump gas.

This is what you should expect from a base kit on your 2016+. We'll work to show the roadpath to 400+ wheel horsepower with a Stage 2 kit which will include more boost, and hopefully the aftermarket will come through with downpipe upgrades. Nacol, who owns this car, might even be up for testing a prototype ported intake manifold and 80mm throttle body, and see the gains with boost.

We'll have the final parts back from anodizing at the end of this week, and kits will be ready to ship!

WoW... killer gains!!!
Old 04-10-2017, 10:25 PM   #101
MyneS
STORM

Drives: 2021 Satin Steel Metallic 2SS
Yes...I can't wait to drive it!!! So thankful to you Will! Overkill Motorsport fan right here

Check out: The creation of STORM
American Authority Front Bumper, ACS Rockers, GM Dark taillights, ZL1 Carbon Fiber interior dash, Engine Bay “red hot” Dress Up, 6LE Skorpion hood, Borla ATAK w Xpipes (TRADED)

Last edited by MyneS; 04-10-2017 at 10:40 PM.
MyneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:32 AM   #102
Starbreaker

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro
Updates please...

Its midApril now, any update will on the Supercharger shipping dates?
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:15 AM   #103
willoverkill

Drives: Fast
We made a small design change to the crank pulleys, so we machined new units and they should be back from the anodizer Monday unless they were working today (hope not, but its the modern way to work a holiday).

Next week we're all ready!
willoverkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:58 PM   #104
Starbreaker

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro
How are the preorders going Will?

I am interested in possibly picking this up, emailed you a few times and no replies....guess i will wait till I hear how this is working it other V6's before I take the plunge.
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:21 PM   #105
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbreaker View Post
I am interested in possibly picking this up, emailed you a few times and no replies....guess i will wait till I hear how this is working it other V6's before I take the plunge.
Star here is my guess and this is usually the case with alot of this stuff and sometimes patience earns respect. Will is in Canada he works with Tracy In Florida sometimes he makes trips down here. This kit is still in a semi development state I am sure they are getting swamped with questions emails etc.. and are spending more time making sure everything is A+ then reading through emails. This is not some big company what Will and Tracy are doing for the V6 Market no one else is willing to do. He is also developing for the 5th gen at the same time not only that they are doing installs and getting things figured out for installs already done. Tuning etc..

They want your business I can guarantee you that just try to look at it from a different perspective. It can be frustrating feeling like you are being ignored or blown off but I am sure that is not the case.

I am planning my install with them for june its going to be exciting.
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 09:29 AM   #106
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
I had the opportunity tp drive the 2016 prototype car, it is smooth. I can give a direct comparison as I had an early IPF kit and went through many development issues with them. This system from Overkill fixes all the issues that I recommended to IPF, but they did not want to do.. Blow through maf, ps relocation, evac system, and idlers. This car dives so smooth at cruising and takes off when in boost. The test car is an Auto and still very fun. I cant wait to see one on a manual car for a comparison. The blow off valve sound is amazing on this setup. Separate belt driving the SC is great and overall design is spot on. Just remember its a boosted car, the auto trans is electronically controlled and sometimes gets a little confused when all that power is put to use. Not a deal breaker by any means, but something to be aware of, may hang in gear if in boost and then decelerating, not sure of what gear it wants.. Normal driving is no issues at all. For those on the fence, get it, you will break many hearts and embarrass many mustangs in the process...
Old 04-23-2017, 12:29 PM   #107
Dustya

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
I had the opportunity tp drive the 2016 prototype car, it is smooth. I can give a direct comparison as I had an early IPF kit and went through many development issues with them. This system from Overkill fixes all the issues that I recommended to IPF, but they did not want to do.. Blow through maf, ps relocation, evac system, and idlers. This car dives so smooth at cruising and takes off when in boost. The test car is an Auto and still very fun. I cant wait to see one on a manual car for a comparison. The blow off valve sound is amazing on this setup. Separate belt driving the SC is great and overall design is spot on. Just remember its a boosted car, the auto trans is electronically controlled and sometimes gets a little confused when all that power is put to use. Not a deal breaker by any means, but something to be aware of, may hang in gear if in boost and then decelerating, not sure of what gear it wants.. Normal driving is no issues at all. For those on the fence, get it, you will break many hearts and embarrass many mustangs in the process...

Thanks for the early review awesome feedback and just gives me that much more confidence in the decision I already made!
Old 04-24-2017, 09:01 AM   #108
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
With most SC kits going for about $7-8K installed and assuming this one will be no less than $6K installed, why wouldn't you have opted for a SS? Most SS' will dyno 400-420 RWHP and torque stock. Plus, for pennies on the dollar, you can mod with E85 and ported IM/TB with a CAI and get near 450-460 RWHP.

I think it is pretty awesome to have a sleeper, and I used to have a low 13 second FWD Buick Regal GS, but the Camaro isn't a sleeper based on aggressive looks alone.

These are just my opinions and I wish you all the best with your personal car projects.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:17 AM   #109
Dustya

There are plenty of reasons. Biggest one for me is gas mileage I drive 110 miles a day just from my work commute.

Another reason is cost I bought my Camaro when they first came out. Cost of a fully loaded 2SS versus what I snagged my RS 2LT was over 10k and the amenities of the 1SS just didn't cut it for me.

Insurance costs are less - Theft rate is lower -

Something different not everyone is doing

My biggest reason was cost. Between oil gas tires and insurance plus the higher payment per month I can supercharge my V6 and get near SS performance with a few other mods.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:23 AM   #110
willoverkill

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdasnt3 View Post
With most SC kits going for about $7-8K installed and assuming this one will be no less than $6K installed, why wouldn't you have opted for a SS? Most SS' will dyno 400-420 RWHP and torque stock. Plus, for pennies on the dollar, you can mod with E85 and ported IM/TB with a CAI and get near 450-460 RWHP.

I think it is pretty awesome to have a sleeper, and I used to have a low 13 second FWD Buick Regal GS, but the Camaro isn't a sleeper based on aggressive looks alone.

These are just my opinions and I wish you all the best with your personal car projects.
There's lots of reasons people choose the V6 model, from initial costs, perceived gas mileage, insurance, availability from the dealership etc. I know near me the difference between the V6 and SS is well over $10k. The most important part of the equation is that most people interested in a supercharger kit already have their V6, and they want to modify their own cars.
willoverkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:44 AM   #111
ERP

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by willoverkill View Post
We made a small design change to the crank pulleys, so we machined new units and they should be back from the anodizer Monday unless they were working today (hope not, but its the modern way to work a holiday).

Next week we're all ready!
So when will the setup be ready to purchase?
ERP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:39 PM   #112
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
I mean no disrespect, I actually wouldn't mind getting the V6 or T4 for my next Camaro. The SS is already too fast for legal street acceleration in my town...

But I've gone down the road of supercharging and modifying cars that weren't built to handle the extra power over the long term. I wouldn't even go FI with my SS after all the money I spent fixing things after making the older V6 cars fast. At least I turned my own wrenches and was able to save the cost of paying for labor.

Is the money well spent? If you had fun, I guess it is. For me, I had fun, but I learned that your starting platform in a car is critical in choosing how much HP and torque and what application you'll use this new power for.

So if I want 400HP to the wheels, I'd get a 1SS for 38K or a leftover/used for a lot less. You will be voiding your warranty with a FI kit on the LT and will likely need to fix transmissions and axles in the future anyway.

Gas mileage? I get 30-31 now on 92 octane with my A8 interstate driving. 22-23 with E85.