Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-08-2017, 12:49 PM   #43
2fastnow

Drives: 05 GTO
I didn't read every thing here but isn't there an end link/swaybar getting loose or something? Maybe that plays into what you guys are finding.
2fastnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:57 PM   #44
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Got a GoPro? You could mount it in a few spots in the rear and see if you can see what's going on when it happens.
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 01:13 PM   #45
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
If you are trailering it, take it to the fest and slam the crap out of it!...lol....(just don't crash).....Like HAL in Space Odyssey suggested...let if fail, then you'll know what it is that's wrong.....

I wouldn't let it turn the fest into a bummer for you....Get some engineers in it with you, and let it rip....
Fest is busy time for me and all fun. I'll make a couple passes as usual but normally dedicated to putting out fires until we hit the parking lot at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
+1 on getting that car on an alignment machine. Wouldn't be surprised if you had a rear toe issue. New cars can definitely be far from ideal. It's pretty common from what I've experienced working on brand new cars over the years. Cheap and easy to check.
Yeah, I'll get in on a rack very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datboi448 View Post
I have felt the fish tailing in three scenarios, heavy accel from low speed, heavy braking on a turn, and very heavy rain at any speed over 30 mph which is more tires
Tires there Ryan. I've got to have something loose or out of alignment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktechla View Post
Got a GoPro? You could mount it in a few spots in the rear and see if you can see what's going on when it happens.
Good idea. Might make for a cool video too.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:58 PM   #46
wanab

Drives: 17 ZL1 4300 03/16/2017
Mike,

Don't have an answer but I have shared your experience 2 times. Both times were with MT Street R's. 1st time entering Interstate faster than I should have and when I changed lanes from the entrance ramp to the near driving lane I really changed lanes. I decided to not 'lane change' while under power with drag radials. The second time was a passing situation with more power applied than should have been applied. It reminded me of my first experience but not before I tried to correct multiple times with radical moves in the direction of correction. My first reaction was to correct but I have added a new first step. LIFT. Until I finally lifted it was a hairy ride.

I haven't had the experience with my stock wheels and tires but would not rule it out in a lane change situation while under considerable power. Lots of power pushing straight ahead.

I might add that I sometimes drive with the nannies off and this could have been a contributing factor.

In my situation I blamed myself and quickly decided to take a lesson learned but there could indeed be an "issue" in addition to myself.

I'll be watching.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:08 PM   #47
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanab View Post
Mike,

Don't have an answer but I have shared your experience 2 times. Both times were with MT Street R's. 1st time entering Interstate faster than I should have and when I changed lanes from the entrance ramp to the near driving lane I really changed lanes. I decided to not 'lane change' while under power with drag radials. The second time was a passing situation with more power applied than should have been applied. It reminded me of my first experience but not before I tried to correct multiple times with radical moves in the direction of correction. My first reaction was to correct but I have added a new first step. LIFT. Until I finally lifted it was a hairy ride.

I haven't had the experience with my stock wheels and tires but would not rule it out in a lane change situation while under considerable power. Lots of power pushing straight ahead.

I might add that I sometimes drive with the nannies off and this could have been a contributing factor.

In my situation I blamed myself and quickly decided to take a lesson learned but there could indeed be an "issue" in addition to myself.

I'll be watching.
I'm pretty used to the DR feel as I pretty much daily drove on the 18" MT tires before. This is with the stock 20's and lifting really doesn't change it much until the speed goes down a bit. Normally a quick lift would fix everything and this is not the case right away. I can drive 60 mph steady and move the steering wheel back and forth and can feel it start to happen. Now that I'm sort of keyed into it I'll get some more drive time at the fest and see how it goes.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:01 PM   #48
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Well Mikey...just got back from a cruise on the back roads & never could get it to duplicate what you are experiencing with your car & multiple setting / launches / surfaces from 60-65. Not saying there was zero spin but never once felt squirrelly.

It had rained the before and roads were clear of any sort of film, which I'm sure helped a little...I would try to get someone from GM at Fest out for a little spin. Good luck amigo.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 12:50 PM   #49
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
You know...........stranger things have happened.........
I remember many moons ago, my motorcycle got loose which I thought was a rear swingarm issue, but really was the steering bearings were shot.

Maybe your front stabilizer links are getting loose? Its a issue with these cars.

-bobby
Old 07-09-2017, 12:55 PM   #50
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Its your car, it knows you want to put the big wing on, and its telling to do it by showing you you need more down force, J/K mike my 2ss does it on hard launches/Acceleration but not to the point where i fell its unsafe, but then its only a LT1 car, with more power that can change and fell a lot more out of control.

Ask some of the team from GM if any one knows what it can be.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:57 PM   #51
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Well Mikey...just got back from a cruise on the back roads & never could get it to duplicate what you are experiencing with your car & multiple setting / launches / surfaces from 60-65. Not saying there was zero spin but never once felt squirrelly.

It had rained the before and roads were clear of any sort of film, which I'm sure helped a little...I would try to get someone from GM at Fest out for a little spin. Good luck amigo.
That's a good thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
You know...........stranger things have happened.........
I remember many moons ago, my motorcycle got loose which I thought was a rear swingarm issue, but really was the steering bearings were shot.

Maybe your front stabilizer links are getting loose? Its a issue with these cars.

-bobby
Yup... just need some time to figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Its your car, it knows you want to put the big wing on, and its telling to do it by showing you you need more down force, J/K mike my 2ss does it on hard launches/Acceleration but not to the point where i fell its unsafe, but then its only a LT1 car, with more power that can change and fell a lot more out of control.

Ask some of the team from GM if any one knows what it can be.
Now that you mention it. I'm having a blast with the A10 but the wider tires and adjustable dampers are pulling hard at me right now. Might actually make the switch.
Old 07-09-2017, 06:00 PM   #52
djfury05

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
You're not the only one. Any WOT run the backend floats around it seems. I'm taking it in for an alignment and to check the front sway bar end links and will report back.
djfury05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:53 PM   #53
thompstl1

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfury05 View Post
You're not the only one. Any WOT run the backend floats around it seems. I'm taking it in for an alignment and to check the front sway bar end links and will report back.
That's exactly what mine does too! Very disconcerting. I've had quite a few Corvettes and Camaro's, most recently a C6 Z06, and a 2014 1LE. None had the backend "float" like this ZL1.

I'm anxious to learn what's causing this!

Last edited by thompstl1; 07-09-2017 at 07:07 PM.
thompstl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:21 PM   #54
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
That's a good thing...

Yup... just need some time to figure it out.

Now that you mention it. I'm having a blast with the A10 but the wider tires and adjustable dampers are pulling hard at me right now. Might actually make the switch.
But the M6 is slower in the 1/4Mi
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:29 PM   #55
trz174

Drives: Used to Drive Blue Camaros
Hey Mike
To say you have my complete attention is an understatement. I have no doubt that you are having a problem that falls outside of expectations as well as mainstream ZL1 owner experiences. I've got nothing to suggest that you haven't already considered. Looking foward to hearing about this in person.
Jack
trz174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:40 PM   #56
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfury05 View Post
Yup, that's it. I sort of wrote it off to eLSD but after testing out brand new Drag Radials it was not fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompstl1 View Post
That's exactly what mine does too! Very disconcerting. I've had quite a few Corvettes and Camaro's, most recently a C6 Z06, and a 2014 1LE. None had the backend "float" like this ZL1.

I'm anxious to learn what's causing this!
We will definitely be in touch. Sure hope your dog starts seeing improvement. That' snake bite was tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
But the M6 is slower in the 1/4Mi
LOL... yes I smoked to M6 cars on my 1st outing.

Of course we were all just learning the cars back then. See you in a couple days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trz174 View Post
Hey Mike
To say you have my complete attention is an understatement. I have no doubt that you are having a problem that falls outside of expectations as well as mainstream ZL1 owner experiences. I've got nothing to suggest that you haven't already considered. Looking foward to hearing about this in person.
Jack
Definitely look forward to chatting with you again next week.

This will be a blast!!!