The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 04-18-2014, 10:55 AM   #15
Timmers1

Drives: C7 Laguna Blue Z51 3LT
I did all the homework and read a lot of the posts and ended up ordering our Laguna Blue Z51 MSRC 3LT. (sitting at 4B00 Bayed waiting to ship) We had a C6 Z51 so I am confident we made the right decision. Thanks everyone for the good info. Cheers and Happy Easter.
Timmers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:49 PM   #16
1KUIKC7

Drives: 2015 Zo6 3zl
Old 04-18-2014, 07:40 PM   #17
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
Got MSRC for my Z51 as I plan a month-long cross-country trip and back including about 2 dozen National Parks with varying terrain totaling about 10,000 miles, and I want whatever ride best suits the current conditions - That's a long way to feel like I'm driving a dump truck - As Z51Stingray said, better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it - The bottom line is to have it the best it can be for me - No disappointment allowed.
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 01:34 AM   #18
Bulos

Drives: 2015 Z51 2LT CRM & 2006 Scion TC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardlord View Post
Got MSRC for my Z51 as I plan a month-long cross-country trip and back including about 2 dozen National Parks with varying terrain totaling about 10,000 miles, and I want whatever ride best suits the current conditions - That's a long way to feel like I'm driving a dump truck - As Z51Stingray said, better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it - The bottom line is to have it the best it can be for me - No disappointment allowed.
I have concerns about reliability, maintaining it and costs of repairs should something need to be replaced out of warranty. It must be a pretty complex system and electronics are tricky and expensive. If I am misled please educate me.
Bulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 02:03 AM   #19
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I ordered my car when there were no constraints and could have ordered anything. I chose the base car as it's a daily driver around town, nothing more. Had all my hot cars in the past and don't drive hard anymore so a I got an AT. I looked at the z51 package and didn't need big brakes or 10 qts on an oil change and knew I was mounting my own 19/20 wheels anyway. Mag is a bit wasted going back and forth to friends and other dd needs.
So I got a base and could not be happier. And certainly don't feel it's less of a vette than a mag z51 car. I buy for my needs, not because " you may as well get it".
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:54 PM   #20
docMonty

Drives: 2015 limerock/kalahari Z51 coupe
I definitely wanted to have the option of having a softer smoother ride when I just wanted to relax. This car will be my daily driver including winter so it seemed like a must. I was also worried about the complexity of the mag system (along with a LOT of other electronics) so I extended the warranty out to 7 years. If I still have the car after 7 years it'll be because I've fallen in love with it and I'll just have to find a way to pay for the repairs I'm expecting mine in Sept/Oct as a 2015 build...
docMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:09 PM   #21
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
I too will be ordering a 2015 model with Z51 and magnetic ride. I am fortunate enough to have magnetic ride in my ZL1. In Tour mode it gives a great ride having made trips to Indiana and North Carolina. Setting it to Track mode this past weekend at Sebring Race changes it to a totally different car with great track handling. With the potential of the new 8 speed automatic and Z51, there was no way I would not order magnetic ride. Everyone has to make their own choices especially when it costs $5800.00 for Z51 and Mag. Ride. Good luck with your choice.
Attached Images