Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-22-2024, 03:39 PM   #15
SamSmoothCastel

Drives: 67 Orange Mustang Coupe
$500...... I mean think of how many doughnuts a driver can get in under 150 miles!
SamSmoothCastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 03:58 PM   #16
79 TransAm that never was

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1 6.2 MT6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Yikes!

Considering how many of us don't even like to take our car to the dealership for service, I can't fathom sending it back to GM to have this type of testing done.
Right on! I passed on their one free oil change. So I certainly would never hand my car over to anyone for a month!
79 TransAm that never was is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 04:28 PM   #17
Christian1LE

Drives: 2004 BMW 330CI, 2022 1SS 1LE
I would love to rent my car to someone for $16 a day, what a deal.
Christian1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 07:53 PM   #18
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Why would they want to do emissions testing on a vehicle that's no longer in production? $500 (less than $17 a day) is current day chump change. No longer buys what it used to. Who knows what kind of "extra testing" could occur during lunch breaks or errand runs. Hard pass!
LOL they have a lot more interesting vehicles to choose from at Milford over a used Camaro. It’s not a dealership.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:56 PM   #19
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
Nope. They can rent one if that's what they need or talk to one of their dealers who has a used one in inventory.
That is what they are trying to do, rent one for $500. Now last I checked you might get one at Hertz for $500……..PER WEEK. Lol
Old 03-22-2024, 07:57 PM   #20
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Ok, so realistically they’ve been using OnStar to collect your driving and performance habits and need just your car
Old 03-22-2024, 08:17 PM   #21
MT-SS1LE

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE Sharkskin
Not only no, but hell no. I'm no fan of GM lately and definitely no fan of the EPA. Defund the EPA!
Old 03-23-2024, 08:59 AM   #22
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
I’d fall in the floor laughing at them if I saw them in person. They’re gonna take my car that I ordered which is no longer in production and rev it up and drive it hard and do God knows what with it?

150 miles - isn’t that what the guys put on Cameron’s Dad’s Ferrari in Ferris Bueler’s Day Off?
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 02:45 PM   #23
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 TransAm that never was View Post
So I get this letter in the mail this week from GM's "emissions certification & compliance" division in Milford MI offering me $500 "for the temporary use of your vehicle" and that they will "provide you with a current model rental vehicle, delivered to you, all free of charge" to do emissions performance testing on indoor dynamometer rolls on my vehicle.
Testing will put "roughly 150 miles, plus transit to and from our testing facility and may take up to 4 weeks to complete."

Are they friggen nuts? $500 for the use of my car for a month is an insult! That's not even a monthly car payment! What if my no longer in production vehicle is totaled in transit?
Of course there's no way I would accept this ridiculous offer, but I wonder if
anyone else has gotten one of these offers?
Don't do it especially if you are modified. Last thing we need is another California push in this state.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 03:01 PM   #24
MyNameIs
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 TransAm that never was View Post
So I get this letter in the mail this week from GM's "emissions certification & compliance" division in Milford MI offering me $500 "for the temporary use of your vehicle" and that they will "provide you with a current model rental vehicle, delivered to you, all free of charge" to do emissions performance testing on indoor dynamometer rolls on my vehicle.
Testing will put "roughly 150 miles, plus transit to and from our testing facility and may take up to 4 weeks to complete."

Are they friggen nuts? $500 for the use of my car for a month is an insult! That's not even a monthly car payment! What if my no longer in production vehicle is totaled in transit?
Of course there's no way I would accept this ridiculous offer, but I wonder if
anyone else has gotten one of these offers?

Counter offer them for $500 a week.
MyNameIs is offline   Reply With Quote