Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-21-2015, 05:52 PM   #15
zogster

Drives: 2014 RRM ZL1 M6
The Dusk edition is cool, but the 21" wheels/tires ruin it for me. $2k for a set of new tires every time it comes time to replace them is a crazy premium over what it costs for a set of 20" tires for a normal SS. And it sounds like the OP puts on a lot of miles.
zogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:50 PM   #16
Chi-One

Drives: 2013 DUSK Special Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry_b View Post
While browsing for 2013 and older Camaros I ended up finding a '13 Dusk Mojave 2SS/RS M6 with less than 100 miles on it. It has basically every feature possible in 2013 Car is marked as used - not sure how that works, dealer demo?

It's marked down significantly and I can't help but wonder why? I get that it's a few model years behind but I thought this package was as limited/desirable as the Synergy Green Special edition? What is considered a "too good to pass up price" on a car this old, especially considering less than 100 miles.

I'm rolling the miles on and I was really looking forward to owning my 2010 outright... but this checks all the boxes: Sweet/Special color, feature loaded, 2 cylinder upgrade... I would be able to roll my audio over but I would unfortunately (or fortunately?) end up starting over with most mods.

It's not that I need a new car... esp. with motorcycle season approaching but is this one of those deals I shouldn't walk away from? Financially, I would more or less be extending my current car payment for another 60 months while enjoying the newer car. And if I was going to trade my synergy, the car would need to be special...
Have you seen the car in person? If not go look at it. Here's why: the special editions (like yours) only appeal to a small group of buyers. You bought your synergy because of the reaction you had when you saw it. If you get that same reaction from the DUSK model, then your choice is made. That's how GM can get the extra $$ for the special editions. it's an emotional purchase rather than a rational one................I know.