The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Technical Forums > LT1 (6.2L V8) Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions

Old 06-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #1
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
1000HP upgrades in the plans

Tuners dont seem to expect problems
http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/cost.html
Attached Images

2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #2
Andy@Livernois

Drives: 1987 Buick Regal Turbo-T
truthfully, there will be a huge learning curve. We have been working with DI engines and tuning them for many years now, and they have their own limits for power. This isn't something where you can buy injectors, and a fuel pump from something and make it work. So while there will be some good power to be had, there will be a wall at which you will run out of fuel and no longer be able to add power without aids like methanol injection, but those will only extend the range so far.

We have a good bit planned for our shop car when it comes in, and we will be finding those limitations, so stay tuned for what the future holds
Andy@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:15 PM   #3
GQ4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy@Livernois View Post
truthfully, there will be a huge learning curve. We have been working with DI engines and tuning them for many years now, and they have their own limits for power. This isn't something where you can buy injectors, and a fuel pump from something and make it work. So while there will be some good power to be had, there will be a wall at which you will run out of fuel and no longer be able to add power without aids like methanol injection, but those will only extend the range so far.

We have a good bit planned for our shop car when it comes in, and we will be finding those limitations, so stay tuned for what the future holds
Well I am sure over the course of a year or two companies will make stronger fuel pumps and injectors for DI.. especially if they the first that is a lot of money to be had for that company but yeah I know it wont be just couple of months.. just letting people know shops going to work on it.. some people trying to say you wont be able to do anything or tune at all..
I am sure chevy will work with some shops/..

then you might have impatient people swapping engines..

You guys have built some badass cars both ford and chevy..
Hoping my shop Jannetty Racing, and shops like you jump on board and I am sure things will slowly come out as long as depend is there of course..

2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
Old 06-17-2013, 03:34 AM   #4
GQ4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRWHOOPPEE View Post
I wouldn't let hennesey ouch anything I own.
He has ripped off many corvette and viper customers
Yeah ive heard that. Just put up as example that shop do plan to do upgrades to the cars. Some people are saying they will never be able to mod it or tune it.
They said samething about v6 camaro but then someone eventually cracked the pcm. and I am sure the corvette has a bigger aftermarket following.

Jannetty Racing is my performance shop. Awesome shop. Great guys & incredible work. Only shop that has touched my Camaro

Last edited by GQ4Life; 06-17-2013 at 04:02 AM.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
GQ4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRWHOOPPEE View Post
I'm sure someone will figure it out.
I've read somewhere that LT-1's are built closer to being maxed out/closer to the edge than the LS series was though.
I read the article was just BS .. going off idea that 25hp more so closer to max.
They dont even know what internals are. Know a couple stock bottom ls3 at over 700whp im sure LT1 just as strong or stronger
Old 06-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #6
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Took Hennessey a few months to figure out the Dodge SRT computer but they have it nailed now.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #7
GQ4Life

Im sure chevy work with performance companies. They know they lose alot of customers if u cant upgrade.