Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 09-22-2014, 01:36 PM   #155
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter-5 View Post
According to some "resources" the whole reason why my car is have oil issues(leaking, scavage pump, etc) is because matt messed up the car...
Doubt it. I have never seen a negative review or bad experience with Matt / FSP. I have dealt with him for a couple of years now and I've had nothing but great experiences. In fact, he's provided some of the best customer support for anything I've ever bought. You also have to remember that you started off with a truly terrible kit (STS) and then took it to RX (tons of people have reported negative experiences) and then to FSP. I'm sure that kit/car was a mangled mess. That's how mine ended up.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:37 PM   #156
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Yeah Matt and his team travel across the country tuning and building people's cars. Only reason my car and many others that RX has touch cars are still running is because of the work FSP does. Bet tracy aint tell you that he hired Matt (that already worked for a big performance company up north) to move to Florida to help Tracy's company raise from the grave. But when he ended up oweing Matt so much pay Matt left and started FSP. And RX was on the raise again when Matt took over management. But look at it now after he left. The man has filed for bankruptcy multiple times in the last few years because his work isn't good. I wish I had known this before I paid all that money for a turbo kit that I rebuild myself lol.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2014, 04:15 PM   #157
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
biting my tongue here, no way Matt would do that, he will go out of his way to help someone, even if costs him money. You were dealt a crappy kit from the start, those STS kits are pure junk and take a complete rebuild / reconfigure to get it to work half assed. Then you have someone work on it and not "fix" anything. Then Matt gets it, tells you what you need and what he can do for your budget, you decide to repair some things yourself, which is good. I work on my own car, as do most here that modify extensively. But I also research what goes on my car and it has to perform properly both mechanically and aesthetically to go on my car . if it looks like crap and works like crap, its probably crap. You would have a completely different view if the parts you decided on were researched properly first. Its a tough lesson, I've made my share of bad decisions too. But learn from this and do your due diligence to find out what you are putting on your car and who is doing it.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:17 PM   #158
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Matt has come to Houston to tune a lot of cars and his spots usually fill up extremely fast because of how good he is at what he does. Jrod's car, one of the fastest m6 cars in the country is tuned by Matt and that car flat out flies

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 04:31 PM   #159
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
And GTR's are almost double a ZL1... You could have a stupid fast ZL1 for about 65k, car plus mods.
DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:27 PM   #160
Peter-5

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 turbo
Listen from here on out im not going to blame matt or tracy. The oil pump failed and this issue could have been solved if someone understood what I was telling them, but they didn't. From here on out im not pointing fingers. Because when it comes down to it, whether he said she said. No one is taking responsibility to what happen to my car. So I guess this is all my fault. F**k me right?
Peter-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:07 PM   #161
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
GTR young Jedi

Honestly I just read this entire thread, and like clockwork Tracy did the same old bs he always did.

Glad you pulled the car sooner than later

I've given up on the boosted 6 idea. I swear for the money you could swap a V8 in there easier.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:06 PM   #162
Peter-5

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
GTR young Jedi

Honestly I just read this entire thread, and like clockwork Tracy did the same old bs he always did.

Glad you pulled the car sooner than later

I've given up on the boosted 6 idea. I swear for the money you could swap a V8 in there easier.
I'm sayin I love the Camaro's and in really thinking about the zl1 but the gtr is a gtr... Lol
Peter-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:02 PM   #163
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
You said which car you end up getting depends on how much you get for your Camaro. Since money is obviously a factor, I'd say get the ZL1. Unless your a nissan mechanic or can do your own work. Because I wouldn't think wear items like brakes and clutches are covered under warranty. And sounds like you could almost buy a 1LS Camaro for the price of a GTR clutch job lol. I wonder how long those clutches typically last.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:36 PM   #164
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter-5 View Post
According to some "resources" the whole reason why my car is have oil issues(leaking, scavage pump, etc) is because matt messed up the car...

"resources"! Love it!
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:43 PM   #165
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
not all your fault, did not mean to have you get that way.. Just in this world everyone knows everything... just have to pick the bull out of the shit and get some good meat to work with...
Old 09-22-2014, 10:00 PM   #166
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
not all your fault, did not mean to have you get that way.. Just in this world everyone knows everything... just have to pick the bull out of the shit and get some good meat to work with...
That reminds me of Tommy Boy

peter, sorry your recent experiences didn't go well, hopefully your future fast production cars treat you right.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:33 PM   #167
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Tracy blamed all of the things wrong with my car on the shop I sent it to. That there were no issues when they dropped it off and that he was not liable for any repairs. Same old crap

Sent from my Note3
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:37 PM   #168
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
i have alot of buddies with GTRs and none of them had any major issues, and those who afforded them could afford the services

And I love my camaro but it is far from my speed fix, I have a ducati 1098 for that.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote