Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-10-2018, 05:59 PM   #1
Krypton1le

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE Krypton Green
LT4 TMap Scaling

Hello - does anyone know the Tmap scaling for AC Delco 12644807? I swapped from the 3bar ls9 sensor to the LT4 TMap sensor so i can monitor boost air temperature as well. Ambient pressure is showing as 85kpa so I assume its a 2.5bar sensor but it did not come with any scaling instructions for HP Tuners
Krypton1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:23 PM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton1le View Post
Hello - does anyone know the Tmap scaling for AC Delco 12644807? I swapped from the 3bar ls9 sensor to the LT4 TMap sensor so i can monitor boost air temperature as well. Ambient pressure is showing as 85kpa so I assume its a 2.5bar sensor but it did not come with any scaling instructions for HP Tuners
it is a 4 bar sensor. 425.00 -32.50

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 06:22 AM   #3
Krypton1le

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE Krypton Green
Hey Ted - Thanks for the info! I was able to get it sorted out after looking at some stock LT4 tunes (V3, Zo6, ZL1).
Krypton1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:11 AM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Hey Ted - Thanks for the info! I was able to get it sorted out after looking at some stock LT4 tunes (V3, Zo6, ZL1).
Old 04-21-2018, 07:47 AM   #5
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
Quote:
Interesting. Since the LT4 relies on other sensors and other elements than the LT1.
I always thought that you cannot simply port a stock LT4 ECM file on an LT1 (I.E. even in a directly converted to SC motor, applying the Eaton PD unit of the LT4).
I plan to perform this conversion in the future (I.E ADM or WeaponX "Kit") and ideally thought of then introducing a 1/1 stock ECM off an LT4 car.
Can anyone with knowledge and experience shed some light on this procedure?

BtW; I am well aware that I would need Tech2 / Dealership support to introduce an "alien" ECM to the other modules that reside in the car (I.E. BCM, TCM, MRC, Etc.).
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:09 AM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldi Z View Post
Interesting. Since the LT4 relies on other sensors and other elements than the LT1.
I always thought that you cannot simply port a stock LT4 ECM file on an LT1 (I.E. even in a directly converted to SC motor, applying the Eaton PD unit of the LT4).
I plan to perform this conversion in the future (I.E ADM or WeaponX "Kit") and ideally thought of then introducing a 1/1 stock ECM off an LT4 car.
Can anyone with knowledge and experience shed some light on this procedure?

BtW; I am well aware that I would need Tech2 / Dealership support to introduce an "alien" ECM to the other modules that reside in the car (I.E. BCM, TCM, MRC, Etc.).
This does not work you must use HPtuners and create a custom tune to make the LT-1 Run with a supercharger.

Ted.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:02 AM   #7
Eldi Z

Thanks Ted for clearing this up. This is what I thought was the case and therefore was a bit confused by the OP's information on this.

BtW: Do such "LT4 on LT1 ECM files" exist as kind of "off-the-shelf" ,which could be loaded (with HP Tuners ) on LT1 ECMs and work well out-of-the-box?

Is it indeed necessary to go to an official GM dealer to introduce a new ECM to the car (if I would prefer to keep my stock unit, that came on the car as back-up / I.E. return to stock in the future)?
Or is there a way to overcome the necessity to visit the dealer, using some other Software / Tool?
Old 04-21-2018, 07:19 PM   #8
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Thanks Ted for clearing this up. This is what I thought was the case and therefore was a bit confused by the OP's information on this.

BtW: Do such "LT4 on LT1 ECM files" exist as kind of "off-the-shelf" ,which could be loaded (with HP Tuners ) on LT1 ECMs and work well out-of-the-box?

Is it indeed necessary to go to an official GM dealer to introduce a new ECM to the car (if I would prefer to keep my stock unit, that came on the car as back-up / I.E. return to stock in the future)?
Or is there a way to overcome the necessity to visit the dealer, using some other Software / Tool?
If you buy from us it does exist. We have done many as have our customers.

FYI Its a bit dated - https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...hlight=adm+lt4

And we have knowledge and parts here - https://lsa-conversion-store.myshopify.com/
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:38 PM   #9
Eldi Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
If you buy from us it does exist. We have done many as have our customers.

FYI Its a bit dated - https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...hlight=adm+lt4

And we have knowledge and parts here - https://lsa-conversion-store.myshopify.com/
Andy.
I sent you an IM, since I tried to get hold of you over the phone multiple times during the past week and always get your V-Mail. I guess you are very busy...
Please reply to my message, so that we can talk.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:14 PM   #10
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:

Yes we offer custom remote tuning via HPtuners for this model.

You can not have 2 ecms work in the the same car without visiting the dealer to sync up all the modules or the car won't start.

Best to just save a copy of your stock file in the event you ever want to return to stock you will just flash the computer back to stock.

Ted.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:07 PM   #11
Eldi Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Yes we offer custom remote tuning via HPtuners for this model.

You can not have 2 ecms work in the the same car without visiting the dealer to sync up all the modules or the car won't start.

Best to just save a copy of your stock file in the event you ever want to return to stock you will just flash the computer back to stock.

Ted.
Thanks for the input Ted.
Clearly in order for the car to work, I would need the ECM sync to the BCM and other "computers" in the vehicle

Secondary ECM option:
Would it work if the dealer connected remotely via his server (I.E. if I had a local "Tech2" device at home hooked up via the web to the dealer's server and they would link me up the Global Service GM server), or would i physically have to take the car to the dealership and only from there could the dealer service station link me up to the GM server for the sync of all modules?

Remaining with a single ECM (the one that comes with the car):
Would returning back to stock mean I use HP-Tuners again in order to flash the stock OE engine management file?
Old 04-23-2018, 07:24 AM   #12
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Thanks for the input Ted.
Clearly in order for the car to work, I would need the ECM sync to the BCM and other "computers" in the vehicle

Secondary ECM option:
Would it work if the dealer connected remotely via his server (I.E. if I had a local "Tech2" device at home hooked up via the web to the dealer's server and they would link me up the Global Service GM server), or would i physically have to take the car to the dealership and only from there could the dealer service station link me up to the GM server for the sync of all modules?

Remaining with a single ECM (the one that comes with the car):
Would returning back to stock mean I use HP-Tuners again in order to flash the stock OE engine management file?
The whole secondary ECM is a waste of money an time in my opinion, you are not gaining anything by it nor are you going to pull one over on GM.

Yes you would use HPtuners to flash back to stock.

Ted.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:49 AM   #13
Eldi Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
The whole secondary ECM is a waste of money an time in my opinion, you are not gaining anything by it nor are you going to pull one over on GM.

Yes you would use HPtuners to flash back to stock.

Ted.
O.K. Ted. Thanks for explaining. Seems reasonable.