Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-16-2006, 06:57 AM   #15
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Twin, right now one of the two concepts is in Paris. You will most likely get your wish. GM does want to market and sell the Camaro over seas. Get this, the Camaro will have to run at 150 mph for one hour as part of their "standards", as I guess you could call them. The LS1 was run at redline for 24 hours. That's reliability for you!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:41 AM   #16
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Get this, the Camaro will have to run at 150 mph for one hour as part of their "standards", as I guess you could call them. The LS1 was run at redline for 24 hours. That's reliability for you!
That is crazy! Although I can say from experience that there is a reason for that. When a friend and I had rented a little Opel 4-banger diesel and drove from Normandy to Paris we were getting passed on the "interstate" (or whatever they call it) at twice our speed.... and we literally had the thing floored the whole way! Although I can't see how they can afford it.... when we were there 4 years ago now, the gas prices were around 2 euro a litre.... and that was 4 years ago (and we Americans think we have it bad).
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 03:14 PM   #17
Twin Turbo

Drives: '05 Ford Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Twin, right now one of the two concepts is in Paris. You will most likely get your wish. GM does want to market and sell the Camaro over seas. Get this, the Camaro will have to run at 150 mph for one hour as part of their "standards", as I guess you could call them. The LS1 was run at redline for 24 hours. That's reliability for you!

That's promising. Pity none of the UK motoring press picked up that the car's in Paris
Twin Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 03:30 PM   #18
Casull

I find this extremely fascinating. I really wonder whether or not American Muscle can take hold in the european market. I wonder if they would release it with the same engine options? I think that the comment about a diesel in a Camaro I had read awhile ago may be a reality if it breaks into the Euro market.

Out of curiousity, anyone know what the price of "petrol" is over the pond these days?
Old 11-17-2006, 01:53 AM   #19
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

The Camaro offered for sale in Europe will be the same as the Camaro offered here in the states.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:51 AM   #20
Twin Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
I find this extremely fascinating. I really wonder whether or not American Muscle can take hold in the european market. I wonder if they would release it with the same engine options? I think that the comment about a diesel in a Camaro I had read awhile ago may be a reality if it breaks into the Euro market.

Out of curiousity, anyone know what the price of "petrol" is over the pond these days?
£5/gallon.......call it about $8/gallon. That's why muscle cars will never be sold in huge numbers over here :(
Old 11-17-2006, 07:31 AM   #21
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo View Post
£5/gallon.......call it about $8/gallon. That's why muscle cars will never be sold in huge numbers over here :(
ouch... Like I said, Americans have nothing to complain about at ~$2.30 a gal (Indiana)
Old 11-17-2006, 08:26 AM   #22
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
tell us which Camaro shows up over there the red or silver one.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:20 AM   #23
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I'm sure it'll be in the press somewhere. They shipped it over there for all to see and get a reaction. I doubt they would go through all that not to have any press release or anything.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:43 AM   #24
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
Ya we want picks of it when you get them
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:51 AM   #25
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
tell us which Camaro shows up over there the red or silver one.
It'll be the silver concept.

The red concept is a "dummy"...just a shell and just enough of an interior to look authentic. It doesn't have any running gear.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 11:07 AM   #26
Twin Turbo

Well..........the UK motoring press had nothing on the Camaro. All the GM news was regarding the WTCC concept. Nice, but it aint a Camaro!

I've even searched the internet. Again, not a thing

I guess one of the problems is the Camaro is now "old news". With the launch of Audi's R8 and the VW IROC concept, the Camaro wouldn't stand a chance of getting a look in. Shame, 'cos it would have been my car of the show.

I just hope the Camaro concept shows up at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, it's one of the few chances to see great concept cars in the metal in the UK. Our Motorshow is pretty lame these days
Old 01-06-2007, 09:54 AM   #27
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Post New Camaro also to be offered in the UK in 2009

Chevrolet unveils a convertible version of the Camaro at the Detroit motor show this weekend and is likely to put it, and a coupe version, on sale in the UK.

Although nothing official has been confirmed yet, insiders say the pair of retro muscle-cars look certain to head for the UK, and in right-hand-drive layout, too.

While it's too early for final power outputs and performance figures at the moment, the coupe that was unveiled last year used a 6.0-litre V8 developing 400bhp.

Production cars are likely to be similarly powerful, which means they'll shoot from 0-60mph in close to 4.0sec. In true muscle-car style, the pair will both be rear-wheel-drive.

The coupe will arrive first, at the beginning of 2009, while the convertible is likely to arrive in the summer of the same year. Expect to pay from around £30,000.

Source: What Car?
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:20 PM   #28
Bruno

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
Congrats to those in the UK!

Looks like you may be getting both coupe and convertible --> http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote