Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-20-2017, 06:54 PM   #1
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Another "SNAFU"

On Saturday November 11th I upgraded my entire brake system with beautiful powder coated Brembo calipers. Powder coating by Kevin at TPH, wonderful job.

On Saturday November 18th I went to a local dealership that had a take off set of 21" wheels with factory tires. Due to the high cost of tire replacement I got a deal that I could not refuse! God was I happy, these are going to look so good with the Lolly Pop Red Brembo calipers.

Was there at 1330 to pick the set up, all paid for too. When I paid for them several days earlier they were in a different location, someone had moved them. I had inspected them and they were "mint".

Worker said oh they are here in the back? One at a time I rolled them out into the light and wouldn't you know it the rear left had been dropped onto the cement floor causing damage to all five spokes.

With the tire upright you can look down the side and see the one location of the spokes stick out beyond the wheels. All the scrapes were in the exact same location on all five spokes.

OK... let's see the owner!

They tried to tell me that they must have been like that... I don't think so.

Finally the owner agreed to send the wheel out to have it repaired at their cost. Thank God... Now to wait.

I am going to post a generic picture of the exact wheel, the red circle depicts the high spot of the spokes where all the dame is.

Not only can you see the damage you can feel it but they assured me that it will be repaired 100% or replaced.

I can see the worker now, to lazy to carry the tires/wheels so he give them a push across the garage floor!
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2017, 07:15 PM   #2
c0r3yr0s3

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss
Glad you got it worked out. Make sure you post some pics when you get them mounted

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk
c0r3yr0s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:18 PM   #3
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Hard to see but it looks like a scratch on the 5 o clock spoke.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:21 PM   #4
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Here's my procedure:

Step 1: find Service Manger, GM, or owner before I have anyone at all touch my cars.
Step 2: walk around to show "it's NOT like that"
Step 3: No pick up unless the person who walked around with me is there when I pick up
Step 4: Pick a place and stick with them if they do a good job for you. Relationships are very important when it's a car you care about
Old 11-20-2017, 07:31 PM   #5
c0r3yr0s3

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
Hard to see but it looks like a scratch on the 5 o clock spoke.
He posted that it is a generic picture so I don't think it's his

c0r3yr0s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:28 PM   #6
Deputy347k9

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0r3yr0s3 View Post
He posted that it is a generic picture so I don't think it's his

Your correct, that was just a generic picture of a wheel I copied of EBay. I have got quite a few on my IPhone that I need to transfer over to my home computer.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:33 PM   #7
Deputy347k9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
Here's my procedure:

Step 1: find Service Manger, GM, or owner before I have anyone at all touch my cars.
Step 2: walk around to show "it's NOT like that"
Step 3: No pick up unless the person who walked around with me is there when I pick up
Step 4: Pick a place and stick with them if they do a good job for you. Relationships are very important when it's a car you care about
Now that is the best advise I seen in quite some time and surely it's good advise.

When I inspected the wheels and agreed upon a price the assistant manager was helping me. And I reminded the manager that the assistant and I both concluded the setup was showroom new. I am so thankful I inspected all four front and back before the purchase and again on pickup. The worker wanted to put them in the truck for me because they were so heavy, maybe he thought I was to old to be picking up that weight, WRONG. I told him I would load each one after I checked them over good. Funny how the damaged one was on the bottom?
Old 11-20-2017, 10:17 PM   #8
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
It's like those pics you see on craigslist/ebay of people selling hoods. They have the hood propped up against a wall or something with the corners (of the windshield side) resting on a concrete floor or the ground. Ugh!
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 06:31 AM   #9
Deputy347k9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
It's like those pics you see on craigslist/ebay of people selling hoods. They have the hood propped up against a wall or something with the corners (of the windshield side) resting on a concrete floor or the ground. Ugh!
It's funny you say that because some years ago when I was living in Maine I needed a new hood for one of my Impala SS cars. Found one listed on Craig's list that was about 200 miles south of me. Not a problem, jumped in the truck with a ton of moving pads and off I went. For a take off hood for $200.00 I would have drove 600 miles.

I got there and was I teed off! The idiot had stored it in his garage standing up! Like your example it was resting on the two rear points that were now bent up like a ski slope, I mean bent bad.

Guy said he would take $25.00 off, NOT. Can't fix stupid!
Old 11-21-2017, 01:47 PM   #10
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
Your correct, that was just a generic picture of a wheel I copied of EBay. I have got quite a few on my IPhone that I need to transfer over to my home computer.

Try the app Tapatalk on your phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 05:58 PM   #11
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Man you've had some struggles brother!!!
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:52 AM   #12
Scottiemac

Drives: Black 2015 1ss/rs
I remember reading about those wheels. They were expensive to get as an option. They look good on the right car. The only draw back is the price of tires. You have them with tires so you're good for a while. Pics when you get them on.
Scottiemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:26 AM   #13
Deputy347k9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiemac View Post
I remember reading about those wheels. They were expensive to get as an option. They look good on the right car. The only draw back is the price of tires. You have them with tires so you're good for a while. Pics when you get them on.
I am hoping to have the rear right wheel assembly back within two weeks. Will display pics once on my 2014 Ashen Gray Camaro. I agree with you they are really a nice looking set. Thank God these were take offs and are in mint condition. My original wheels (20") now have about 12K miles so the plan is to switch back and forth for a different look.

I will only use them until about 50% tread then sell the set or at least I hope to. Tires would have to come down a lot for me to keep them. Something like over $2K for a set. wowzer!
Old 11-22-2017, 08:47 AM   #14
Scottiemac

Drives: Black 2015 1ss/rs
The 21" are hell to get tires for a decent price. I passed on a set off a green flash (chrome) and a set like your because of the tire prices. You got a deal with tires.
Scottiemac is offline   Reply With Quote