Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-02-2006, 02:03 AM   #29
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyreal View Post
Thanks.

As nice as the Silver and Yellow versions are, there is just something about the 5th Gen in Black that makes it look like the meanest thing on the streets. Coupled with the Saleen 600hp Supercharged engine, yeah, I think I'm set.
Welcome as well. No Chargers coming to San Antonio. They were tested and performed far better than expected. Why not? Not cost effective. It would run waaaaaaaay into the millions to get everything changed over. Right now, when a car is miled out, they take out the cage, laptop including stand, lights and lightbar and toss them into a new Crown Vic. It's all pretty easy. Now, go to a Charger where none (and I mean none) of that fits and we're talking about replacing EVERYTHING. It's pretty sad because the Charger was such a big hit.

I completely agree w/ the mean looking Camaro comment when the car is black. It's going to be very tough to decide on color. I just can't wait to see what they offer. I'd also love to see that supercharged engine. The problem is, if you're going to want a supercharger, you might be putting one in on your own. The article you might have read about Saleen was (according to my sources) to be rumor only and was not factual. I'm very confident that we won't be let down when the engine options are released to the public.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:13 PM   #30
Zyreal
Long Arm

Drives: Dodge Neon
I do have to say they are great to drive, I'm 6'5", and although I fit comfortably in the Vics, the Charger is EXTREMELY spacious. It also out performs every other vehicle we have on the force. (And has an iPod jack, so we can listen to our iPods in the car.
Zyreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:28 PM   #31
Cleric

Drives: not a 5th gen
charger srt-8
Cleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:42 AM   #32
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
I do have to say they are great to drive, I'm 6'5", and although I fit comfortably in the Vics, the Charger is EXTREMELY spacious. It also out performs every other vehicle we have on the force. (And has an iPod jack, so we can listen to our iPods in the car.
I'm 603 and some cages are pushed forward taking away lotsa space in the vics. Plan was to have the V8's for traffic and V6's for patrol. Higher ups took one look at cost and threw that idea out the window. Look for all GM vehicles in the future to have ipod jacks or somehow be compatible. It's gonna happen w/ how popular mp3's are. Funny how 8 tracks became obsolete, then tapes, now cd's?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:58 PM   #33
Mestizo

Drives: American V8
Challenger's look awesome.....I just have a problem with a possible no manual transmission option(on the mid-level R/T option).

It'll be interesting to see the weights and engine sizes between Dodge and Chevy.
Mestizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:28 PM   #34
shibbychevy15
I'm your Huckleberry!

Drives: 2001 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab
Quote:

This is exactly what i want our cops doin' when I go flyin by in my 5th Gen!!!
As long as yall are occupied with your jams I gonna get some street racing done.

~Cheers!!
shibbychevy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:09 PM   #35
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Camaro

Hey all, new to the sight. Personally, I was leaning strongly towards the Challenger, I just didn't like the looks of the camaro. But the more I read the more disappointed I become in Dodge. In the beginning Dodge said that the Challenger was going to compete with the Mustang, kinda hard to do that when now I'm seeing 35-40+ for base prices and a limited run on it.
But then I really started looking at the Camaro and . . well, I'm hooked and I want one, I just hope the price is within reason.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:21 PM   #36
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
First of all, Welcome!!! It's nice to know we can turn some of you guys back to the "light-side" of the car...

It's easy to see what your saying, at 35+ thousand dollars, and a limited production...the Challenger is going to lean strongly towards the collectors car side of the spectrum. But it will be performance competition, that's for sure! The Camaro is expected to sell between 100,000 and 150,000 units, and I would consider that a limited production car....As for pricing - there's a whole thread dedicated to that very topic (you'll have fun in there) but I'll say this: expect $20k to $30k -- not much more, no less.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:48 PM   #37
Jak

Thanks for the welcome As I'm sure you notice, Ford never even entered the picture. From everything I've seen on this site, it's gonna be a looooong wait for 09 to get here, but hey, more time to set money aside, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
First of all, Welcome!!! It's nice to know we can turn some of you guys back to the "light-side" of the car...

It's easy to see what your saying, at 35+ thousand dollars, and a limited production...the Challenger is going to lean strongly towards the collectors car side of the spectrum. But it will be performance competition, that's for sure! The Camaro is expected to sell between 100,000 and 150,000 units, and I would consider that a limited production car....As for pricing - there's a whole thread dedicated to that very topic (you'll have fun in there) but I'll say this: expect $20k to $30k -- not much more, no less.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:58 PM   #38
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak View Post
Thanks for the welcome As I'm sure you notice, Ford never even entered the picture. From everything I've seen on this site, it's gonna be a looooong wait for 09 to get here, but hey, more time to set money aside, right?
Right!

But don't underestimate Ford. They, along with GM are on a bit of a rebound...Plus, Ford has a knack for surprising people (i.e. The Edge). The Mustang could very well turn around in 2009 and all of a sudden have 400 hp.

I've heard around that they're also planning a new engine line (early stages), but the prospect is still there

Either way - I agree that Challenger and Camaro are going to have a brawl...
Old 07-16-2007, 12:40 AM   #39
JeepinMatt

Drives: '99 Wrangler
Competition is good for the consumer. As thrilling and at the same time somewhat frustrating that good rivalries can be, companies have a tendency to rest on their laurels when there is no competition on the market. With everyone scrambling to have the best product out there, the buyer sees more features, higher performance, and lower price. I always take the side of the Camaro when discussing the Mustang and the Challenger, but they are still good cars. People supporting all makes can get obnoxious at times when defending their personal favorite, but without anyone to compete against they wouldn't push to make their own cars better. I'm looking forward to the new pony car wars, even though everyone knows what side I'm on
JeepinMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:28 AM   #40
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
[QUOTE=Dragoneye;15858]

But don't underestimate Ford. They, along with GM are on a bit of a rebound...Plus, Ford has a knack for surprising people (i.e. The Edge). The Mustang could very well turn around in 2009 and all of a sudden have 400 hp.
QUOTE]

The Edge? Really Dragon? I thought the Edge was crap. We drove one, and it just did't cut it. I would rather take the mechanically similar (if not identical) Mazda CX-9. I think it looks better and while I haven't driven one myself, my brother has and he was impressed with it.

I have to say, while I won't sit here and specifically bash Ford, there isn't a Ford on the market today that I would buy. I don't like what they are offering right now. That Interceptor show car looks promising, but I would rather have an Charger SRT-8. I don't like the looks of the Mustang. I would take a Chevy/GMC truck over the Ford line any day. And, as for their cars....are you kidding? The Focus, the "Taurus", the Fusion? Way too many other (better) options out there. I've never liked the Expeditions or Explorers. And the Escapes are junk. My parents and my brother each have one. I've driven them. They suck.

I don't want Ford to go away by any means. I agree, competition is good for the consumers. But, just like GM over the past few years, they need to start with some better designs, then bring them to market.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:29 PM   #41
Jak

This is true Anything that could get the prices to go in our favor I'm all for it. I'm just hoping that with what seems to be the huge success that Transformers is that they might get production going sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinMatt View Post
Competition is good for the consumer. As thrilling and at the same time somewhat frustrating that good rivalries can be, companies have a tendency to rest on their laurels when there is no competition on the market. With everyone scrambling to have the best product out there, the buyer sees more features, higher performance, and lower price. I always take the side of the Camaro when discussing the Mustang and the Challenger, but they are still good cars. People supporting all makes can get obnoxious at times when defending their personal favorite, but without anyone to compete against they wouldn't push to make their own cars better. I'm looking forward to the new pony car wars, even though everyone knows what side I'm on
Old 07-16-2007, 05:50 PM   #42
Mr. Wyndham

Yeah, okay...foot in my mouth...
They're an American Car Company...I have to defend them...a little..