Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-16-2018, 02:38 PM   #71
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
The wheels have been on and off the car several times when going in between wheel balancing at least maybe 6 times within the past year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's why I mentioned that the ideas might be a bit far fetched.
It was just a thought.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:39 PM   #72
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidscamaro View Post
Sorry to say but you are going to need different tires to fix your problem. Take it or leave it "My advice" I do have close to 15 years in the tire business and seen new tires with many many manufacture deficits
I believe you and wouldn't want to shave the tires. If they are out of round and defective, I believe it is truly TireRack's responsibility to replace them. As I have asked before and no one seemed to answer as of yet, how do I prove they are defective?

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:41 PM   #73
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeast16SS View Post
This is why I hate mods. You end up creating issues that are tough and EXPENSIVE to trace. Some people mod and have no issues at all, and others do the same mods and nothing but trouble.
All of the mods on my car are mostly OEM upgrades. Not aftermarket. The only aftermarket parts would be the TPIS strut tower adapters, Flowmasters and K&N Air CAI to name a few. None of which affect the steering wheel vibration issues I have been experiencing.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:31 PM   #74
HDRDTD

Another far-fetched idea would be the possibility of a worn/bad wheel bearing.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:03 PM   #75
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Another far-fetched idea would be the possibility of a worn/bad wheel bearing.

Dealer found little to no play in the wheel bearings. Suspension checked out okay as well.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:24 PM   #76
Camcar

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
I would jack the front end up to where the tires are barely off the ground and spin them. I've had out of round tires before and figured it out that way, as was mentioned in an earlier post. Easy check.
Camcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:48 PM   #77
Theloots

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Someone told me it cold be the calipers if they are slightly warped. My car does it too and I had the wheels balanced and I still have it a bit. But I'm going to wait till I need new brakes.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:16 PM   #78
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Remember no issues until the new tires we installed.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:16 PM   #79
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theloots View Post
Someone told me it cold be the calipers if they are slightly warped. My car does it too and I had the wheels balanced and I still have it a bit. But I'm going to wait till I need new brakes.
I assume you mean the rotors could be slightly warped? If so that is good information to consider.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:17 PM   #80
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Remember no issues until the new tires we installed.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:24 PM   #81
HDRDTD

Any chance you can find another car that you can temporarily swap all wheels/tires with to see what happens?

Put their wheels/tires on your car and see what happens, as well as you mount your set on their car and see how their car rides?

Check to see if the vibration issue stays with the car or stays with the wheels/tires.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:26 PM   #82
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Any chance you can find another car that you can temporarily swap all wheels/tires with to see what happens?

Put their wheels/tires on your car and see what happens, as well as you mount your set on their car and see how their car rides?

Check to see if the vibration issue stays with the car or stays with the wheels/tires.

I wish i could. I do not know anyone else down here in South Florida with a 5th Gen let alone a 6th.

Old 04-17-2018, 05:49 AM   #83
Theloots

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
OOpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
I assume you mean the rotors could be slightly warped? If so that is good information to consider.
OOpse ... yup. I was tired : )
Old 04-17-2018, 06:47 AM   #84
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
I would say probably the tires, since you did not have problems until you changed tires.
This is what I would suggest......find a GM dealer, preferably one that sells/services alot of corvettes, so they would be used to higher performance car problems......see if they have a used Camaro for sale.....pay for them to pull the wheel sets (rims and tires) off the used car and put them on yours for a test drive.....that is assuming the used wheel sets are in good condition....if no vibration on yours, then you would have found the problem.

I still would start with the tires as this is the variable that you have changed....
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote