Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Do you want a Manual, Auto, or Paddle shifter
Manual 46 57.50%
Auto 5 6.25%
Paddle Shifter 29 36.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2007, 07:29 AM   #127
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
yeah I knew the CTS has driver shift control, but not steering wheel mounted paddles. As you said driving enthusiasts prefer them there, so I'm surprised the CTS was released with just the shift lever, but I heard by next year paddles will be offered. Personally, I'm not a fan of GM's specific paddle shift setup, where you push with your thumb to upshift and pull with your finger to downshift. The placement isn't quite right and the ergonomics just don't work as well for me. I'd rather pull the left to downshift and pull the right to upshift.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:04 PM   #128
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Well I wehnt for a drive back and forth to Stockholm today for a thing I had to go to. And I actually thought a bit about how I drive. And I'm actually kinda...bad with manual. I'm not the worst out there, but I seems to distract me way too much and I keep shortshifting and letting up the clutch to fast. And I've had my license for soon to be three years! So I've come to the decision that unles I'm sorely dissapointed with the Camaro's automatic transmission, then automatic is the way to go for me.
Emher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:22 PM   #129
69copo
Sorry officer

Drives: CTS/V 2SS/RS Collector
Send a message via Yahoo to 69copo
I have used an auto a manual and a paddle shift and in my opinion the paddle shift is the best of both worlds. It can be an auto for driving in the city (stop and go) traffic, or when you need to hummilate the mustang sitting next to you it can be a 6 speed manual. Like I said it's the best of both worlds.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:08 AM   #130
daddyseth1

Drives: 94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Would it make me less man-lier to say that i voted for auto?
daddyseth1 is offline   Reply With Quote