Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-31-2015, 12:38 PM   #15
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
what do you need for the car........
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 12:43 PM   #16
Gen5redSS

Drives: aqua metallic blue automatic RS SS
I responded to ur pm and in the above message it says front pads lol
Old 08-31-2015, 12:45 PM   #17
Gen5redSS

Drives: aqua metallic blue automatic RS SS
And lastly this is my last brake job on this car. Trading up for the 2016 ss. So i truly don't care what type of pads i put on it. The cheaper the better. The car will be gone in 3 to 5 months. And i only average avout 700 miles a month. So once again thanks for the help (to those that actually helped) and kiss my rear to the others lol
Old 08-31-2015, 01:02 PM   #18
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Lmao you bitch about those that didn't help and say this is why the forum has a bad reputation. Yet a simple search of said forum (or Google) and in .23 seconds you would have your answer Sorry let me give your answer no brakes are different, zl1 has 6 piston calipers and ss has 4 a lot of ss owners are switching to zl1 assemblies for the bigger brakes. The rear pads are the same for both models (found that in the subforum that covers brakes).
Old 08-31-2015, 01:11 PM   #19
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen5redSS View Post
Lol brake pads are brake pads fellas. Thanks for the responses im glad 2 of u actually tried being helpful. Its hilarious that 90% of the comments didn't answer the question it was just people talking sh*t. This is why this forum has such a bad rap and (as you can see) ive hardly ever used it since i joined in 2010. For those who helped me thank you!
we have a bad rap? you have 8 posts?

sorry you win a clown award for arriving at a pep boys. 90% are clowns. its like showing up to just brakes.

take your car to the dealer, a trusted mechanic, or do it your self. anyone who gives you any kind of bogus info you should take your car and leave immediately.
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 01:35 PM   #20
Killermoose

Drives: 2014 SS
Did they ask if it was 2 or 4 wheel drive?
Old 08-31-2015, 01:44 PM   #21
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
I don't go to Pep Boys, Advance Auto, etc .......when I did go, I have always had to provide part #s for them because 99% of the time they know less then my 13 year old and are highly clueless ..... a few years back I urged the salesperson that I use the computer behind the counter in order to get the correct spark plugs I wanted, he couldn't even look up the part # by vendor, crazy ... that's how bad they are ....
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 01:52 PM   #22
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen5redSS View Post
Lol brake pads are brake pads fellas. Thanks for the responses im glad 2 of u actually tried being helpful. Its hilarious that 90% of the comments didn't answer the question it was just people talking sh*t. This is why this forum has such a bad rap and (as you can see) ive hardly ever used it since i joined in 2010. For those who helped me thank you!
Here is some more help, FWIW. Your car is aqua blue metallic (ABM), not aqua metallic blue

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:25 PM   #23
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
OP, you seem to be a positive salty troll, with such kind words. So much info available to you and you don't , gen6 forum will be blessed by your contributions.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:35 PM   #24
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
in all honesty we all offered the very sage advice to avoid Pep Boys.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:37 PM   #25
Venomous

Drives: 2015 Silver Camaro 1lt RS M6
The cheaper the better. The car will be gone in 3 to 5 months.

This right here is why I don't buy used.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:15 PM   #26
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomous View Post
The cheaper the better. The car will be gone in 3 to 5 months.

This right here is why I don't buy used.
^^^^ Exactly!
Old 08-31-2015, 03:17 PM   #27
USMUCL

Drives: 2014 Red Camaro 1SS 1LE
The OP is right: He asked a simple question about brake fitment and got nothing but opinions on PepBoys and criticism over his part brand choices. That is an unfortunate characteristic of folks on this forum, even if I do like it anyway
USMUCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:20 PM   #28
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
On C5, we're an eclectic group of people, just shooting the breeze, for the most part. Conversation sort of flows, and if somebody has an answer, they'll give it to you. In the meantime, if somebody has a joke, or a comment, or a story, or an opinion, bank on seeing that posted.

You could always try adding something like, "If you are going to respond with anything other than the answer I want, then do not post here." Those types of comments always seem to yield interesting results.

You gotta have thick skin, too, to even get on the 'net, in any chatroom style forum. That's because when you post--- and it doesn't mater what about--- only, maybe, 20% of responses will provide any usable info, while 10% of the responses will be openly hostile, 20% will have little or nothing to do with your post, 40% will reveal respondents to be mental cases and/ or certifiable idiots, and the other 80% will be nothing but poor grammar and lousy math skills. You must plan to get flamed, insulted, confounded, and baffled, but still be able to root through the muck and find the info that you are looking for.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote