The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-15-2015, 03:51 PM   #43
essess

Drives: 10 camaro ss
I get that vegetable oil and propelyne glycol are safe to eat, but is it ok for it to fill your lungs? Water is safe to drink but i cant breathe underwater
essess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:01 AM   #44
Beardface

Drives: '11 topless 2LT RS & '05 Altima SER
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
What does 19 have to do with anything ?
I smoked for 35 years and with vaping have quit for the 1st time ever as others have also , In the 8 months since I quit I have gone from 24 mg of nicotine down to 3 mg . Quite a accomplishment in mine and many others book. I urge others who smoke to give Vaping a real chance instead of smoking , and by doing that I mean go down to your local vape shop and have them help you out , Buying those small electronic E-cigs at the gas station is not giving you a real chance of quitting you need to get a mod unit that will satisfy your smoking urges .
Good for you for not smoking cigs anymore, but you haven't quit. Your urges are still being met, just through another outlet. You're still addicted to the nicotine and you admit that you are still a slave to your urges.

And I'm still not sold that long term vaping is not bad for you at all. Yes, you're essentially trading steam for tar, but there are other carcinogens in the liquids that have yet to be fully tested (that e-cig companies are fighting tooth and nail to prevent from being tested) and the long term effects of these are completely unknown. I'm sure they're better for you than cigs, cigars, and pipes, but to say they are completely safe? I'm still not so sure about that.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:21 AM   #45
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
Good for you for not smoking cigs anymore, but you haven't quit. Your urges are still being met, just through another outlet. You're still addicted to the nicotine and you admit that you are still a slave to your urges.

And I'm still not sold that long term vaping is not bad for you at all. Yes, you're essentially trading steam for tar, but there are other carcinogens in the liquids that have yet to be fully tested (that e-cig companies are fighting tooth and nail to prevent from being tested) and the long term effects of these are completely unknown. I'm sure they're better for you than cigs, cigars, and pipes, but to say they are completely safe? I'm still not so sure about that.
Is anything REALLY safe anymore? Drank out of a hose growing up for years... safe? NOT! Eat red meat... safe? Not according to some. Remember when red M&M's disappeard?... LOL!!! Now Ibuprofen is getting hit too.

Live life and enjoy. If you're going to worry about everything your body consumes, you might as well be dead.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:54 AM   #46
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillshooter View Post
This thread could also be titled "are you 19?"
Old 08-17-2015, 11:54 AM   #47
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Yep. I never smoked cigarettes in it... well a couple times if I'm being honest. Very carefully, of course

I like to keep my interior clean though. Won't find more than a water bottle and a jacket in it on any given day. Best smelling interior of anyone I know.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:58 AM   #48
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
I wouldnt smoke anything in my camaro or any camaro.. My friend has a 2013 RS camaro and he always vapes in it and it smells horrible now.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 01:00 PM   #49
J-Crazy Camaro

Drives: Red V8
people who complain about vaping like to feel superior about things in general I find. trolllolololol
Old 08-17-2015, 03:04 PM   #50
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
holy crap I didn't know what vaping was? I saw this weekend a vaping store and had no clue what it was... ok now I know. LOL
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:17 AM   #51
DanielLee5

Drives: Camaro5
I do just like the topic starter, I vape in the car but never smoke there. Moreover, I gave up smoking precisely due to vaping (there are many similar stories at vapingforums, many people came to e-cigs just to quit smoking). The smell is usually great, and it is not long lasting unlike nicotine.
DanielLee5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:42 AM   #52
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielLee5 View Post
I do just like the topic starter, I vape in the car but never smoke there. Moreover, I gave up smoking precisely due to vaping (there are many similar stories at vapingforums, many people came to e-cigs just to quit smoking). The smell is usually great, and it is not long lasting unlike nicotine.
Sorry, I don't allow any 'smoking' of any kind in my vehicles. I gave up smoking for vaping a while ago and my wife smokes cigarettes like a chimney. You are right about the smell. my issue is the 'film'. I have never allowed smoking in my vehicles, but when vaping became the fad, I allowed it, initially. Prior to allowing it, I only needed to wipe down the interior windows with a glass micro towel to clean them. For the period I allowed vaping, I had to use a cleaner to clean the interior of the windows. Since going back to the no smoking/vaping of any kind, I haven't had to use any cleaner on the interior windows to keep them clean.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:37 AM   #53
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i dont smoke or vape...heck,i try not to fart in there.i use voodoo leather conditioner on the seats,it smells great.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:20 PM   #54
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
I quit smoking twice with vaping. First time I lasted for a year until my Dad lost his battle to cancer. Then I quit again by vaping about a year after that. Then 6 month later I stoped vaping. Vaping is a God send. I have been clean for over 2 years and just turned 40. . Witch is the first double digit number I have ever turned without a cigarette hanging out of my mouth.

Vape on people
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:28 PM   #55
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
I didn't know this was a subaru forum

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:39 PM   #56
muffins4all

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS