Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-11-2014, 07:32 AM   #1
Nicky Pass

Drives: 2014 BRM, 2SS, RS, 1LE
I don't think many people know what 1LE Camaros are...even Chevy dealers!

I'm thinking about trading in my Blue Ray Metallic 1LE. I have one Harley dealer wanting to give me $35k on trade. Then I went to the Acura dealer to trade it in and "none of the chevy dealers want to give me a buy number". How could any Chevy dealer not know what a 1LE is. I think Chevy made a huge mistake by not making the 1LE an actual model like the ZL1....rather then a package.
Nicky Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:46 AM   #2
USMUCL

Drives: 2014 Red Camaro 1SS 1LE
I recently had a TPMS sensor replaced at the local dealer. Both the Service Advisor and the guy driving my car into the garage separately commented on how great my aftermarket rims looked. They obviously did not believe me when I tried to explain that the rims were part of the 1LE package and were OEM.

Didn't give me too much confidence . . .
USMUCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:51 AM   #3
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
The dealership that I ordered my car from, had never seen a 1LE. I stumbled on the 1LE when I was building the car and selected the black rims. Game on then, more research, had to have it, and the rest is history. GM would most likely would have sold more 1LE's, if it had been its own model.

It appears that you are looking at a variety of vehicles, good luck with your decision.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:11 AM   #4
Tiddy16

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
I hear ya, I was looking at trading mine in, its a 14' 2SS with everything except the recaros and I was only offered $30,000!!! I told them that it was a $46,000 car and that they were insane. Guess im keeping it which is perfectly fine with me.
Tiddy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:15 AM   #5
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
I don't think many people know what 1LE Camaros are...even Chevy dealers!

Guys, GM is a marketing machine. The 1LE is an enthusiast RPO, or just another option on the SS. If they positioned this as a first class model it could have eaten away from sales distribution to other models. Michelob and Budweiser are both made from Anheuser Busch. They serve different markets. Perhaps the 1LE is just Bud Ice.

-CRT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:40 AM   #6
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Very well put Brian, how's that hot rod treating you ?
Old 10-11-2014, 10:40 AM   #7
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
Saying the Camaro SS with the 1LE performance option should be its own badged model, is like saying the Camaro SS with the NPP exaust option should be its own badged model.

So yes I disagree.

I think the SS hits a target market well. And the 1LE performance option targets a more refined and demanding performance oriented buyer.

I like it lesser known. I love answering inquiries to "what is a 1LE".

I think it could be said that alot of 1LE buyers dont even understand fully what they have purchased either.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:49 AM   #8
Cool1LE

Drives: 2014 Blk 2SS/1LE
There's only what around 4000 of the cars for 2013 & 2014? None of this should surprise anyone, when I ordered my car I had to go through the whole "we don't sell that" experience until I finally got them to a computer and showed them
Cool1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:03 PM   #9
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool1LE View Post
There's only what around 4000 of the cars for 2013 & 2014? None of this should surprise anyone, when I ordered my car I had to go through the whole "we don't sell that" experience until I finally got them to a computer and showed them
Actually I havent counted 2014 yet, but less than 5000 from 1988 to 2013. So maybe 6000 something including 2014. So yup... rare and reletively unknown.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:22 PM   #10
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
As I have said in the past , " who cares what other people think or know " I bought my 1Le to satisfy and amuse me . Educating the ignorant is not my job . Who the hell cares if people know a good thing at a bargain price. No one gets out alive ,so enjoy the ride while your here, and don't waste you time trying to figure out what others think .
Old 10-11-2014, 12:38 PM   #11
Nicky Pass

Drives: 2014 BRM, 2SS, RS, 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
As I have said in the past , " who cares what other people think or know " I bought my 1Le to satisfy and amuse me . Educating the ignorant is not my job . Who the hell cares if people know a good thing at a bargain price. No one gets out alive ,so enjoy the ride while your here, and don't waste you time trying to figure out what others think .

True....but....

When I'm looking to trade my car in, I want to get top dallor for it. When they say a 2ss Camaro is worth $30,000 on trade and I tell them it's NOT just a 2ss Camaro, it's a 1LE, they're like "a what"? A 1LE is worth more then a standard 2ss, but the values for trading it in are saying it is not....

I want to get rid of it, but not give it away.
Nicky Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:47 PM   #12
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

I fully agree... we will end up educating a buyer... or selling to an enthusiest.

Honestly I wont be selling mine. My heirs might though.

I am out of town right now and wanted to show my dad what I bought. We went to the local chevy dealer and I asked to see a 1le. The salesman smiled and said they had two... the manager bought one and his cousin bought the other lol. Plus they had to do a dealer trade to get them.

My dad still hasnt seen one in real life. :(
Old 10-11-2014, 01:03 PM   #13
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Very well put Brian, how's that hot rod treating you ?

Dude, smokin'. It's so wicked fast and has so much torque. I was doing some data logging for JRE (on third tune) and I nearly bent the car sideways getting on the freeway ramp revving it up past 5000 for the logs! I guess I normally don't drive like that except on the track… Ha ha. I just love the cold start up sound with headers and mid pipes. You were right.

Saw the surgeon yesterday and he says I have another 2 to 4 months to go. Going to evaluate whether surgery is needed at month four; yesterday was the end of month two.

-CRT

Old 10-11-2014, 01:04 PM   #14
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T View Post
Saying the Camaro SS with the 1LE performance option should be its own badged model, is like saying the Camaro SS with the NPP exaust option should be its own badged model.

So yes I disagree.

I think the SS hits a target market well. And the 1LE performance option targets a more refined and demanding performance oriented buyer.

I like it lesser known. I love answering inquiries to "what is a 1LE".

I think it could be said that alot of 1LE buyers dont even understand fully what they have purchased either.

+1

-CRT