Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-29-2007, 07:56 AM   #127
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado

Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:14 AM   #128
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^^^ ^^^
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:45 AM   #129
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
I don't know guys after reading all these pages to get back in the loop all I got to say is I really don't care anymore who is top. And I don't care what kind of engine is in it as long as it smokes the competition. Also Killer is right when we happen to get us one of these cars we got to watch ourselves I probably have a good guess that everyone on here is a good driver, but that don't matter speed or horspower does not kill, it is the driver and just because you know how to drive does not mean that someone else can not hit you while your running 150mph. Then just think there will be one less friend here on the web site, that we will no longer get to talk to, plus you just totaled a nice CAMARO!!! So my point is be caful and be safe when you get them.

DAMN I THINK I GOT ALL THAT IN THERE RIGHT.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:06 AM   #130
ChevyNut

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Black on Black
I totaly agree LowRider. On the street ill only run it up to the speed limit but on the track thats where ill let er run full bore. there is no reason to get a ticket, kill someone, etc by racing on the street.
ChevyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:19 AM   #131
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
I don't know guys after reading all these pages to get back in the loop all I got to say is I really don't care anymore who is top. And I don't care what kind of engine is in it as long as it smokes the competition.
I have said from the beginning that i don't care about which trim gets which name whetherit be SS or Z28. I do however care about the engine. I also want it to smoke the competition (I have all the faith in the world that GM will deliver on this front) but I also really want the LS3. The LS engines are such great engines and the LS3 will not disappoint. Plus, the aftermarket for the LS3 will be strong from the beginning since it is still an LS block and most of the aftermarket parts from the LS1 and 2 should work with the LS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
Also Killer is right when we happen to get us one of these cars we got to watch ourselves I probably have a good guess that everyone on here is a good driver, but that don't matter speed or horspower does not kill, it is the driver and just because you know how to drive does not mean that someone else can not hit you while your running 150mph. Then just think there will be one less friend here on the web site, that we will no longer get to talk to, plus you just totaled a nice CAMARO!!! So my point is be caful and be safe when you get them.

DAMN I THINK I GOT ALL THAT IN THERE RIGHT
I also agree 100% with this. I know that I, for one, will really have to watch my right foot on the street becasue all of that power will be very tempting.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:09 PM   #132
Thaxton Ward

Drives: Expedition
Talking New Info...

Just heard from a freind that is a dealer that the Camaro is coming out Feb. 08 as a souped up 6 cyl and the 8 cyl Z28 and SS will be out close to April/May 08. He made it clear that they can change at any time...but they are pretty close to having it ready to rock. The SS will be close to 40k and in limited quantities so may be marked up. The Z28 should be between 28-32k. I don't know that the SS is in my future...I am definately buying an 8 cyl but NOT paying 10 grand more for the SS.

Also, there are dealers here in Nashville already putting a premium on the car AND holding a 1,000 non refundable deposit. They are holding deposits for cars they don't even know how to price and they can jack up the price making you lose your 1,000 bucks. DON'T sign anything until you know you have an out...or you know that you have the price for your car.

Please remember guys, this info is worth what you paid for it...NOTHING!!! Until GM removes the gag order on release everything is speculation...however this is from a reliable source that is a family friend. If anyone is looking for an honest dealer (though he is in Knoxville) e-mail me at thaxton@thaxtonward.com and I'll get you his info. I'll probably pay $500 over invoice...I'm not taking a chance with a dealer I don't know!!!

Cheers to all,
THXTN
Thaxton Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:58 PM   #133
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaxton Ward View Post
Just heard from a freind that is a dealer that the Camaro is coming out Feb. 08 as a souped up 6 cyl and the 8 cyl Z28 and SS will be out close to April/May 08. He made it clear that they can change at any time...but they are pretty close to having it ready to rock. The SS will be close to 40k and in limited quantities so may be marked up. The Z28 should be between 28-32k. I don't know that the SS is in my future...I am definately buying an 8 cyl but NOT paying 10 grand more for the SS.

Also, there are dealers here in Nashville already putting a premium on the car AND holding a 1,000 non refundable deposit. They are holding deposits for cars they don't even know how to price and they can jack up the price making you lose your 1,000 bucks. DON'T sign anything until you know you have an out...or you know that you have the price for your car.

Please remember guys, this info is worth what you paid for it...NOTHING!!! Until GM removes the gag order on release everything is speculation...however this is from a reliable source that is a family friend. If anyone is looking for an honest dealer (though he is in Knoxville) e-mail me at thaxton@thaxtonward.com and I'll get you his info. I'll probably pay $500 over invoice...I'm not taking a chance with a dealer I don't know!!!

Cheers to all,
THXTN

Thanks for the info. it will be interesting to see if this is true since it seems as though everyone is pretty certain that it will not begin production until late '08. I say the earlier, the better!

As for that non-refundable deposit business, that is complete . Awhile back there were dealiers charging $1000 just to get on the list to buy one and wasn't applied toward the purchase! There is no way I would put a deposit down unless I had in writing the deal in terms I agreed with, such as X dollars over invoice.

As for your dealer.... if he will sell them at $500 over invoice, then i would be very interested. I'd drive to Knoxville from Indy for a deal like that! Maybe swing by Nashville and hear you all play... I'm telling you, I love that song "Maybe Someday"!
Old 03-29-2007, 05:10 PM   #134
3whiterag
GM Powertrain Retired

Drives: 67SS350, 87 IROC L98, 96SS ver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
Just thought I'd give this a BUMP in celebration of the 5 week mark before we officialy get some information on the LS3

I was, once again, reading on the corvette forums and apparently there are some people that have it on very good authority (someone's brother works at the St. Catherines Powerplant factory--wonder if you know him 3Whiterag) that we are all going to be very pleasantly suprised because the LS3 is in fact rated at 450HP, not 425 hp like most people are suspecting.

We will all see for sure in 5 weeks!

3whiterag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:49 PM   #135
Thaxton Ward

Drives: Expedition
Thanks!

That's what he says he'll do...and I believe HIM...let's just hope that his sales manager isn't an ASS!

Thanks for the Kudos on the music, share thelink with your friends!!!

Cheers,
Thaxton

FREE downloads to my Camaro BROTHERS!!!
www.thaxtonward.com/new
Thaxton Ward is offline   Reply With Quote