Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-17-2014, 01:06 AM   #1
bigblockz8

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS, 05 Trailblazer LS
Windows and Ice?

I have yet to experience it but I do wonder:
We have all seen and know that the windows automatically go down when the door is opened. What happens when the window is frozen thanks to ice and snow? Will it damage the motor? Will I damage the window or door by opening it?

I cannot garage my camaro (no garage) and when it snows I work from before the first flake until it is 5F above freezing. Last winter that left 2ft of frozen snow and an inch of pure ice on my trailblazer over 7 days straight. Opening the door was a futile venture that resulted in me falling and then using a heat gun. The door was frozen but I assume the Camaro may have the frozen door and window.

Has anyone dealt with the ice layer and what advice do you have to offer?
Old 11-17-2014, 01:47 AM   #2
traildevil

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro LS
Following this thread lol, had this problem the other morning.. It doesn't freeze in the upper gasket... only in the bottom gasket, its annoying!
traildevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:19 AM   #3
JGS

Drives: 2015 2SS LS3 NPP/1LE/ Red Hot
Ive never had a problem and its been two winters with my camaro, I usually remove the ice(if any) on the edges around the window with an ice scraper. It makes a weird sound because it tries to go down but it wouldnt, so usually pop in, close door and its like nothing happened. Some time she stays outside in 5F and sometimes even -10F here in calgary.
JGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:51 AM   #4
dklowrider

Drives: 2012 1SS, 6spd. many mods 478 rwhp
Before you open the door take a credit card and slide it between the seal and window at the top of the door. That usually will do the trick. Learned that from other cars that sit out.
dklowrider is offline   Reply With Quote