Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-12-2006, 12:50 AM   #15
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
2,500 over msrp might not be anything at all to some, but I'd rather put that into some custom stereo stuff or extra add ons. Once again, not a dime over MSRP...even below that if I can swing it. I'd like to be the first, but I won't pay to be the first. No way.

OH, and sadly enough, ebay dude most likely will eventually get a taker. SUCKER!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:10 AM   #16
BlacLac02
Banned

Drives: 2002 Cadillac Escalade & STS
Send a message via AIM to BlacLac02
this really pissed me off when i heard about marking up the price of the camaro 20- 25 grand over sticker, first of all this is going to totally mess up gm's plan of continuing to make the camaro if they dont even reach their goal of the 100,000 the first year. just because some prick at the dealership wants to make some more money because they know the camaro is going to be a huge seller. theres no way in hell im paying anything over sticker for this car especially anywhere near 10 grand over. thats just rediculous.
BlacLac02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 02:36 PM   #17
birdy233

Drives: Mini Cooper S
Has anyone went to their Chevy dealer and "really" asked about ordering a Camaro yet? I'm willing to go and order one now but it's over 2 1/2 years before the car will be available and a good 1 1/2 years before the dealer can go to the computer and place your order. I just wanted to check to see if anyone checked with a dealer and what their response was about getting their name on a pre-order list.
birdy233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 03:04 PM   #18
jbynum69
God of thunder

Drives: 95 Mustang GT
I've already talked to 2 different chevy dealers and both told me that the mark up is not only stupid its ,Not going to happen HERE!!!
the mark up is a scare tactic and a shame on anyone who puts in to this lie.
I know that gm will find out about this and the press too.

The car doesn't come out for over 2 yrs and there is no option plans set yet and prices are not available (and will change many times in the next 2 yrs)
Also the car has to be made first and God forbid the economy saying dump time.

I learned a great lesson after 56 cars ,never give them what they say, car sales poeple are out to make profits not friends, so , let them claim the mark ups (its like y2k crapola ) It will media eaten by 07 and gm doesn't need that kind of negative market placing, especially about a car that is so popular to bring in a wide range of buyers.

(I won the andy rooney award, thank you)

My first car was a 72 ss
I've owned 9 camaro's over the yrs...:
jbynum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 03:33 PM   #19
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy233
Has anyone went to their Chevy dealer and "really" asked about ordering a Camaro yet? I'm willing to go and order one now but it's over 2 1/2 years before the car will be available and a good 1 1/2 years before the dealer can go to the computer and place your order. I just wanted to check to see if anyone checked with a dealer and what their response was about getting their name on a pre-order list.
Just go down to your Chevy dealer and talk to a salesman. Tell him/her what you want to do. I guarantee they will help you out. If you don't like the price move on to the next one.
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 03:48 PM   #20
birdy233

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbynum69
never give them what they say, car sales poeple are out to make profits not friends, so , let them claim the mark ups (its like y2k crapola ) It will media eaten by 07 and gm doesn't need that kind of negative market placing, especially about a car that is so popular to bring in a wide range of buyers.
Although I do agree with not paying more and you are 100% correct about dealers making a profit not friends, simple economics (and if you owned a dealership) is that if people are willing to pay more than sticker the dealers are not going to say no and sell all the first Camaro's at a mark up.

GM would love the press, you can see it now, people are paying thousands over sticker just to get their hands on the all new Camaro......Free press from the media....you bet they love it.

If demand and the fools who are willing to pay over sticker is the reality in 2.5 yrs then you will get the greedy dealers marking up the new Camaro, but who is to blame?? It's the fools who pay more, not the dealers. What would you do if you own a dealership and someone wants to pay you $4K-$5K over sticker because they have to have it now?? Answer honestly now!
Old 08-12-2006, 03:55 PM   #21
birdy233

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28
Just go down to your Chevy dealer and talk to a salesman. Tell him/her what you want to do. I guarantee they will help you out. If you don't like the price move on to the next one.

That is what I want to find out, if anyone has actually visited their local Chevy dealer yet and if so, what were they told. I did e-mail a few of my local dealers but have not heard back yet.

I just wonder and doubt they would accept a cash down payment 2.5+ yrs in advance. I ordered two "hot" cars before (Mini Cooper and PT Cruiser at MSRP) and it was 5-6 months prior to release date and they were confused then, I can only imagine years away if they could even manage that!
Old 08-12-2006, 04:57 PM   #22
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Quote:
That is what I want to find out, if anyone has actually visited their local Chevy dealer yet and if so, what were they told. I did e-mail a few of my local dealers but have not heard back yet.

I just wonder and doubt they would accept a cash down payment 2.5+ yrs in advance. I ordered two "hot" cars before (Mini Cooper and PT Cruiser at MSRP) and it was 5-6 months prior to release date and they were confused then, I can only imagine years away if they could even manage that!
That's what I did. They said no info yet on when I could order but they would contact me ASAP as soon as I could. Then all I had to do is build it like I want it, options allowing. They said I would definitely not pay over MSRP.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:12 PM   #23
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Quote:
Although I do agree with not paying more and you are 100% correct about dealers making a profit not friends, simple economics (and if you owned a dealership) is that if people are willing to pay more than sticker the dealers are not going to say no and sell all the first Camaro's at a mark up.

GM would love the press, you can see it now, people are paying thousands over sticker just to get their hands on the all new Camaro......Free press from the media....you bet they love it.

If demand and the fools who are willing to pay over sticker is the reality in 2.5 yrs then you will get the greedy dealers marking up the new Camaro, but who is to blame?? It's the fools who pay more, not the dealers. What would you do if you own a dealership and someone wants to pay you $4K-$5K over sticker because they have to have it now?? Answer honestly now!
I totally agree. I will say one thing though, Not every dealer is out to make a buck. There are plenty of dealers out there that want you to be a customer fore life. The average person will purchase 6 new vehicles in their life time. A smart dealer knows this and will try there hardest to satisfy every customer that walks through their showroom doors. As a result, the satisfied customers purchase 6 vehicle from his/hers dealership. That’s where the money is… The fun part is finding a dealer with this kind of attitude and smarts.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:29 PM   #24
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Bingo. I found my dealer...and already purchased 4 cars/trucks from them. With that history, I seriously doubt they will lose me to another dealer. As soon as I get the chance, I'm gonna swing by Ancira and see what my guy says.

Hey, and the first sucker has placed a bid on that ebay camaro. Unbelievable.... I'm gonna keep watching it and see if anyone else tries to outbid him/her.

Last edited by TAG UR IT; 08-13-2006 at 12:51 AM.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:16 AM   #25
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

3 bids now...$5,778.90. they gotta stop b4 all dealers see this crap and decide to give it a try themselves....this is BS!
Old 08-14-2006, 05:24 PM   #26
FTI-EDC
The stick man

Drives: 2004 GTO - C5 'vert - SRX
Cool

This is the kind of crap that killed the GTO success...

Let's call this A-hole on his 800 number and rack up the phone bill!

Ed

PONY WARS

FTI-EDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:39 PM   #27
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Called the dealership today...seems my sales manager has since left the dealership to start his own deck business. SO.....I'm now talking to a different sales manager who luckily used to work with him. Anyway to the news.

New sales manager said based on all the information they have at this point in time, I will be able to place my special order in either March or April of 07. This is all he is able to forcast at this moment.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:00 PM   #28
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Check it out, the eBay auction has ended. I wonder if GM had anything to do with it?

Bidding has ended for this item

The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for
sale.