Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-17-2014, 09:50 AM   #1
Visago

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Service Stabilitrak/Engine Misfire

Well I had my first issue. Dropped my kids off in the morning yesterday then all of a sudden I got the Service Stabilitrak message on the dash and it felt like a couple of cylinders were misfiring. Car was running really rough. Went to Auto Zone immediately to have them run the codes but all that came up was the 0300 code which told me what I already knew and it could be a number of things causing the situation. Figured the best course of action would be to get it to the dealer right away instead of trying to play process of elimination spending money on parts that may or may not fix the issue.

Held my breath hoping that it would not cost me an arm and a leg but they called in a few hours and told me that I had a broken valve spring. That was the last thing I thought it would be so I was glad I took it in because it would have taken me awhile to figure that one out lol. I figured it was a faulty coil or something like that. Anyway...they had the part in stock and had me all wrapped up by days end and the best part....was covered under the power train warranty so it didn't cost me a cent! Needless to stay I was way stoked. Anyway....figured I'd put this up just in case anyone else has this issue being that this is another possible cause to that problem.
Visago is offline   Reply With Quote