Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-20-2016, 08:16 PM   #43
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotcandy View Post
Update: Drove home this afternoon from work, no ice, 28 degrees and did fine until about 3/4 way home, all the lights came back on. Think I'll make an appt at the dealership for Saturday. Hope it can hold on till then...
Freezing weather, especially for extended periods, can cause all kinds of problems with sensors and connections.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:53 AM   #44
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Since you don't have the controller, it is best to bring it to the dealership to have it looked at. Our guess is the TB sensor which happens.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:36 AM   #45
cxcgh

Drives: ford
You don't have a VTC installed do you?
cxcgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:27 AM   #46
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I wonder what takes place under "reduced engine power"conditions? Does the AFM kick in on autos? Limits RPM? How does it reduce power?
Old 01-21-2016, 09:03 AM   #47
Mortious
Ammo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3 M6)
Its a PITA, it prevents the motor from going over X RPM (don't remember exactly how much) but basically in my Manual I wasn't able to go over 40 MPH, if you press on the accelerator any more it just doesn't do anything. For me when it was happening all the time, it was the throttle sensor, 75 dollar part, took about 5 min to replace by myself.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:22 PM   #48
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
When it happened to me the engine was bogged down to a point where it won't go over a certain MPH. But it does sound like the AFM is active while the power is reduced and with a aftermarket exhaust it sounds really bad with no power behind it.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:52 PM   #49
redhotcandy

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxcgh View Post
You don't have a VTC installed do you?
No, no VTC.
redhotcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:54 PM   #50
redhotcandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortious View Post
Its a PITA, it prevents the motor from going over X RPM (don't remember exactly how much) but basically in my Manual I wasn't able to go over 40 MPH, if you press on the accelerator any more it just doesn't do anything. For me when it was happening all the time, it was the throttle sensor, 75 dollar part, took about 5 min to replace by myself.
Thanks for that info. That gives me something to go on when the dealership tries to charge me an arm and a leg.

Yesterday on the way home, I was able to go faster due to better road conditions than the evening before when it first happened. When it went to reduced engine power yesterday, I was going 65. I struggled after that to get it to about 55. I pressed on the gas and it basically just didn't have much power. So, I got over in the slow lane and took it easy. Taking off from a stop was really a struggle but I managed to do ok.

Oh, and I don't know if this is related, but my remote start stopped working after this all happened.

Also, I noticed that when I would slow down while in this mode, I could feel the gears downshifting noticeably. Not a clunk going into another gear, but more of a bump if that makes sense. That's never happened.

Felt bad for my poor car...
Old 01-21-2016, 03:01 PM   #51
Visago

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotcandy View Post
Thanks for that info. That gives me something to go on when the dealership tries to charge me an arm and a leg.

Yesterday on the way home, I was able to go faster due to better road conditions than the evening before when it first happened. When it went to reduced engine power yesterday, I was going 65. I struggled after that to get it to about 55. I pressed on the gas and it basically just didn't have much power. So, I got over in the slow lane and took it easy. Taking off from a stop was really a struggle but I managed to do ok.

Oh, and I don't know if this is related, but my remote start stopped working after this all happened.

Also, I noticed that when I would slow down while in this mode, I could feel the gears downshifting noticeably. Not a clunk going into another gear, but more of a bump if that makes sense. That's never happened.

Felt bad for my poor car...
Check out what I posted in the other thread on this in here. Some things to check anyway. I know your pain lol.
Visago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:04 PM   #52
redhotcandy

Just saw this online. I know it says it pertains to LD GM trucks, but it's the same issue. Wonder if it would be covered and fixed like it says here within 10 yrs/120K miles?

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topi...tion-se/page-1
Old 01-21-2016, 03:07 PM   #53
Visago

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I found that too and it sounded exactly like the issue. Called my dealer and they told me that there was no recall for this and to just bring it in. I told them that I was seeing the same issue over and over again on the forums and couldn't believe GM didn't have a fix for it yet or at least recognize the problem. Service manager told me "well maybe it seems like alot of people are having that same issue when you look on the internet but really it's not that many in relation to how many Camaro's are out there". Lol...good bye!
Visago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:11 PM   #54
redhotcandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visago View Post
Check out what I posted in the other thread on this in here. Some things to check anyway. I know your pain lol.
Thanks!
Old 01-21-2016, 03:12 PM   #55
redhotcandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visago View Post
I found that too and it sounded exactly like the issue. Called my dealer and they told me that there was no recall for this and to just bring it in. I told them that I was seeing the same issue over and over again on the forums and couldn't believe GM didn't have a fix for it yet or at least recognize the problem. Service manager told me "well maybe it seems like alot of people are having that same issue when you look on the internet but really it's not that many in relation to how many Camaro's are out there". Lol...good bye!

Ugh...seriously. Typical though.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:52 PM   #56
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Working on my LFX Camaro tonight, I 'accidentally' disconnected the main vacuum line going to the top of the intake manifold. My idle surged, and started sounding almost like a cammed engine, and my DIC displayed engine power reduced, as well as service stabilitrac. This caused the code P0068 to pop. Turned the car off, then a bit after reconnecting everything, I started it up, cleared the codes, and all is well.

Just thought maybe my P0068 could help someone. (if a vacuum leak or improper catch can install is a possibility)

And swagner, no issues with my VTC yet, and I'm 5000 miles in.

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto

Last edited by ghosted; 01-22-2016 at 12:03 AM.
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote