Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-19-2015, 06:23 PM   #71
Cam_Cam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
I never get any real cars trying to race me. It's always some neck beard in a stock Jetta, or some bromie in a big Jeep Wrangler.

It's really not about the car, it's usually about the assholes driving them. I have yet to race anyone in my Camaro.
Cam_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:32 PM   #72
DsCamaro1

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
LMAO ! my DD " ricer " Accord is a vtec and trust me there is nothing to watch out for except some nerd ( me ) not using the paddle shifters because it is stupid.
I love my Accord. 500 lbs less than the 1LE and 60% less HP. point A to Point B transport without drama or excitement.
- I NEVER drive the Camaro and say " gee, I wish I was in the Accord. "
Thats exactly how I feel. I have never said Geee I wish I was driving a Prius or Honda or some dhit like that. But if it was a Nissan GTR or a SUPRA , 370 Z, or EVO. I would not mind. I get that some tuner cars are very fast and I respect that. But not these punky ricer kids.
DsCamaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:35 PM   #73
mar10

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
Face it, they're far and few between though.
Maybe it's my location but around Tucson imports are everywhere. We have our fair share of the stereotypical ricers running around but there are mostly tuners. Maybe it's due to the high altitude but turbo cars are more common around here than muscle cars. A good friend of mine has a bad ass wrx putting 500-550hp down depending on how much boost he is running. It's a 10 sec car in the quarter. A guy I see at the local drag strip is running an Evo that is constantly in the 10s. Both these cars could be considered to be ricer kid cars but will out run most camaros and corvettes. I stopped by a local dyno shop to get my AFR checked on their dyno a few months ago. They had a Talon sitting there that was completely striped down and had a plasti dip paint job. Looking inside I saw a racing seat full harness and roll cage. I assumed they didn't put a roll cage into a stock talon. I asked the guys at the shop how much horse power it was making. They told me it hit 750 hp on their mustang dyno but then the transmission gave out. Compared to my camaro that put down 352 hp with long tube headers on the same dyno. Once they get the transmission built up I'm sure that car would have no problem embarrassing some big V8s at stop lights. You can't judge these cars by their appearance. Around here there are plenty of similar imports that are amazingly fast. The formula for fast is lighter weight and more power. Imports have a nice base with being light weight and having simple engines that can handle high boost. Our muscle cars have a nice base with good power that can be built up. It's just a matter of where you want to start.

From what I hear the street races around Tucson and Phoenix have a lot of really fast cars that compete with sport bikes. I don't know personally because I don't like the idea of street racing and prefer to play on the track. But I can tell you I've had more street legal import cars come close to beating me in the quarter on my 10 second ZX10R than I have had street legal muscle cars come close.

My first post was more of a warning that these fast imports do exist. They may not be that common in your area or you haven't noticed them because you haven't rubbed shoulders with them. But most likely they are there because they are cheap to aquire, cheap+easy to build up with tons of aftermarket support and local knowledge. You can get a CRX for under $2500 all day. Add a turbo engine swap to it for under $5,000 and you have a fast car for $7,500. Or you can buy a used Camaro SS for $23,000 and have a fast car that gets beat by the ugly CRX. I can understand the appeal.
mar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:49 PM   #74
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
Lol. True though
Attached Images

Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
Circle D 3600-3700 multi disk Stall
GM 3.91 gears
DDS carbon fiber driveshaft
ZL1 fuel pump & injectors
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
https://wheelwell.com/kris-perez
krisprz2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:04 PM   #75
The Patriot

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS VERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
I've had maybe 80 different performance cars since the 1970's... Nobody has tried to race me yet, on the street; ricer or otherwise. :(

Seriously? I get it constantly. In the early 90's when I had my Vette I could barely stop at a light without hearing "Wheeeeee Wheeeeeee" next to me. I was like, "Oh lawd, another Geo Storm!"

My wife had a guy in a Cadillac CTS (V)? chase her down the other day and start revving it next to her when she had the Camaro.

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I got ta' say it was a good day"
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:33 PM   #76
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Some of the posts in this thread are just reaching to believe they can take down an import..

This is better then comedy central...

Look I love my Camaro but the last thing you will find me doing is acting like it will beat these imports, yes it will some, but there is two Subaru's up the street from me that I know will take down most of the guys posting in this thread..

I have seen Hondas, Toyotas, Subarus pulling in 9's at the track..

I honestly don't think some people understand the difference between a ricer, and a tuner, and just because it has a fart can muffler doesn't mean it's a ricer, tuners have them too, but you can tell by the note, if its a tuner or ricer..

Instant road warrior just add Camaro... LOL!!!

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:40 PM   #77
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
I honestly don't think some people understand the difference between a ricer, and a tuner, and just because it has a fart can muffler doesn't mean it's a ricer, tuners have them too, but you can tell by the note, if its a tuner or ricer.
Agreed. The tone of the vehicle says a lot... btw, check these out for a good time;

http://www.promkings.net/RicerWorld/
Attached Images

Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:43 PM   #78
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
I have more problems with mustang guys revving at me and trying to race than anyone else. I just laugh and keep going. I have nothing to prove and I know what I have going on under the hood.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:00 PM   #79
DsCamaro1

Either import or American muscle as long as they are well built street machines or track. They are ok in my book. But if tou know for a fact that your car is a piece of shit on wheels and you try to pull up next to me and think for second that you have a snowball chance in hell of winning a 0 to 60 race off the line. Thats what I dislike. I will gladly spend my money on a beautiful car than to take a trash can and try and make it into a race car / show car.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:46 PM   #80
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Alot of love for the ricer / tuner......for every decent tuner on the road there has to be 100 riced out cars. These 10 second tuners cars are not the norm....all these posts about fast tuner cars at the track.......ill take a bolt on Camaro ..mustang or challenger over any tuner car all day long. Instant fast car...just add a fartcan....nice.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:52 PM   #81
DsCamaro1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Alot of love for the ricer / tuner......for every decent tuner on the road there has to be 100 riced out cars. These 10 second tuners cars are not the norm....all these posts about fast tuner cars at the track.......ill take a bolt on Camaro ..mustang or challenger over any tuner car all day long. Instant fast car...just add a fartcan....nice.
Agreed they look and sound sooooo much better IMO.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:03 PM   #82
flamandj
I love me some Chevy's!

Drives: 14 2SS/RS ,14 BMW X3 ,02LR Disco 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
since my town is more or less north puerto rico and we have A LOT of ricers I expected to get quite a bit of baiting from that crowd. maybe it's my ricer 1LE hood but those guys NEVER bother me. they either drool and thumbs up or just show respect. on the other hand my brother has a '69 pro stock/street Nova and he says they harass him ALL THE TIME. so go figure.
Hey bro! Are you from PR? I was born there went to Colegio San Ignacio and moved to St. Louis Missouri for College. But your right, PR is full of Hondas, Civics, Kias, etc.... And some do have the famous fart cans etc... But most are nice guys.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:18 PM   #83
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
A person that takes care and maintains a vehicle for whatever reason is an enthusiast. i don't consider every import a ricer just because it is a light, cheap car. Some do show, some do race but if they take their passion seriously and with some thought, I give credit where it is do.

This is what I consider I Ricer.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  85.4 KB
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:21 PM   #84
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
[QUOTE=alaskacamaro;8307008]A person that takes care and maintains a vehicle for whatever reason is an enthusiast. i don't consider every import a ricer just because it is a light, cheap car. Some do show, some do race but if they take their passion seriously and with some thought, I give credit where it is do.

This is what I consider I Ricer
Attached Images

alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote