The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 04-08-2014, 05:21 PM   #1
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
I'M AT 3300 WITH TPW OF 4/28

WELL, NEARING REALITY AFTER ALL THESE MONTHS. WILL IT BE AS GOOD AS I EXPECT? HAVE I OVERHYPED MYSELF AS TO HOW GREAT A CAR I EXPECT IT TO BE?

HERE IS MY ORDER - DON'T THINK I SHALL BE DISAPPOINTED - MORE TO THE POINT, I TRUST IT SHALL BE EVERYTHING I EXPECT IT TO BE AND MORE

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-st...JZCI6bnVsbH0=@
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:44 PM   #2
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardlord View Post
WELL, NEARING REALITY AFTER ALL THESE MONTHS. WILL IT BE AS GOOD AS I EXPECT? HAVE I OVERHYPED MYSELF AS TO HOW GREAT A CAR I EXPECT IT TO BE?

HERE IS MY ORDER - DON'T THINK I SHALL BE DISAPPOINTED - MORE TO THE POINT, I TRUST IT SHALL BE EVERYTHING I EXPECT IT TO BE AND MORE

Since I had the pleasure of giving your TPW...

"WILL IT BE AS GOOD AS I EXPECT?
Absolutely ...Yes!!!

"HAVE I OVERHYPED MYSELF AS TO HOW GREAT A CAR I EXPECT IT TO BE?"
Absolutely ....No!

"DON'T THINK I SHALL BE DISAPPOINTED - MORE TO THE POINT, I TRUST IT SHALL BE EVERYTHING I EXPECT IT TO BE AND MORE"

IMHO:
You won't be disappointed at all ...
Rather you will be amazed at the ..everything.. that there is!!!

Full Disclosure of... IMHO:
I not only sell them...

I own one!!!

Congrats!!!!

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:52 PM   #3
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa

.......***CLEANUP ON AISLE C7***

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:29 PM   #4
Richardlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Since I had the pleasure of giving your TPW...

"WILL IT BE AS GOOD AS I EXPECT?
Absolutely ...Yes!!!

"HAVE I OVERHYPED MYSELF AS TO HOW GREAT A CAR I EXPECT IT TO BE?"
Absolutely ....No!

"DON'T THINK I SHALL BE DISAPPOINTED - MORE TO THE POINT, I TRUST IT SHALL BE EVERYTHING I EXPECT IT TO BE AND MORE"

IMHO:
You won't be disappointed at all ...
Rather you will be amazed at the ..everything.. that there is!!!

Full Disclosure of... IMHO:
I not only sell them...

I own one!!!

Congrats!!!!

Becky
Dear Becky from Michigan:

Thank you for your very lovely and gracious reply, and thanks for the great news. I have met and conversed with a number of fine Corvette enthusiasts along my journey and quest for a C7. I have joined my area Corvette club (and I don't even have one yet), all great people who embraced me and my wife, and I look forward to a great adventure in my C7 with them and others.

In my 67 years, this is my first Corvette, and only my 2nd Chevy. My first Chevy, when I was a teen, cost me $500; and was a 1958 Chevrolet Impala Convertible in turquoise. I wish I had that great car back.

I have passed on a number of Corvettes over the years, mostly due to interior issues. Maybe that is why I ordered all the available interior option upgrades for my 3LT other than comp seats that includes the ever elusive carbon fiber dash. I have high expectations for the interior of my C7.

I was going to buy a 67 big block vert upon my retirement from ICE, as that is the car I wanted when I was in college, but could not afford one. However, along comes the C7 to bring me back to the reality of an instant classic I can drive as much as I like with no gas issues, everywhere, and anytime, except in winter, until someone comes up with a run-flat cold whether tire for a Z51. So, now, at last, I shall have the Corvette I have been waiting for all these years. I expect and trust it shall be well worth the wait.

Again, thank you Becky for your help and for all those who have conversed with me on this forum.

Sincerely,

Richard, and for my Ohio State Ph.D. wife and serious Buckeye fan.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:57 AM   #5
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
CONGRATULATIONS Richardlord!

BUT... I have a TPW of 14 April. Beat ya'! HA!

On the tire side, as soon as I wear the stock tires off my Z51, I'll be slapping some Michelin Pilot A/S 3 All Weather Performance Tires on her.

According to my research, Consumer Reports, and customer feedback... they're AWESOME!

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:29 AM   #6
m3incorp

Drives: Buying 2014 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardlord View Post

You will love it. Looks like you ticked every option box......lovely.
m3incorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:33 PM   #7
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Have fun with your new C7 soon!

And after it arrrives, drive it again & again... less forum time, more C7 seat time!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:49 PM   #8
Richardlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51Stingray View Post
CONGRATULATIONS Richardlord!

BUT... I have a TPW of 14 April. Beat ya'! HA!

On the tire side, as soon as I wear the stock tires off my Z51, I'll be slapping some Michelin Pilot A/S 3 All Weather Performance Tires on her.

According to my research, Consumer Reports, and customer feedback... they're AWESOME!
Congrats on getting your C7 soon - I also looked into the Pilots, but the only question is are they run flats - If they are, I also shall get them - Definitely don't want to have anyone towing mine!
Old 04-09-2014, 01:52 PM   #9
Richardlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Have fun with your new C7 soon!

And after it arrrives, drive it again & again... less forum time, more C7 seat time!
Definitely less forum time and more road time - The forum has been a good time filler
Old 04-09-2014, 03:18 PM   #10
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
Congrats on finally getting a TPW! FYI the A/S 3s are NOT run-flat. But how often does one really get a flat? My last one was over 10 years ago. If concerned, just carry a small air compressor and plug kit. That's what I do on longer trips.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:05 PM   #11
jyounger74

Drives: 2014 stingray
I'M AT 3300 WITH TPW OF 4/28

Im also at 3300 with TPW OF 4/28 HOPING THE WORKERS AT BOWLING GREEN DO NOT STRIKE.
jyounger74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:31 PM   #12
Richardlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyounger74 View Post
Im also at 3300 with TPW OF 4/28 HOPING THE WORKERS AT BOWLING GREEN DO NOT STRIKE.
YOU SAID THE S WORD. MUST NOT USE THE S WORD. THIS IS A WORD THAT MUST NOT BE SPOKEN. NO S WORD SHALL PASS FROM MY LIPS. MUST NOT ANGER THE CORVETTE GODS.

I FINALLY GET A TPW. THEN AN S? N0000000000!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:58 PM   #13
Richardlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleRac3r View Post
Congrats on finally getting a TPW! FYI the A/S 3s are NOT run-flat. But how often does one really get a flat? My last one was over 10 years ago. If concerned, just carry a small air compressor and plug kit. That's what I do on longer trips.
Yes, that is why I likely shall not get A/S 3s as they are not run flats - Somebody has to come up with a run flat all weather tire before next winter - Hopefully, Michelin - Too many C7s by then for someone not to make a profitable run flat - And, how did Chevy miss the opportunity to sell us all a run flat all season tire along with our summer tires?

I get flats - Mostly on or near my country home on the Potomac River - Lots of things to jump up and bite my tires - Yesterday, of all things, I got a flat on my John Deere 4320 tractor out in my apple orchard - I think I ran over a fawn as my apple orchard is a deer magnet (I got over Bambi long ago and allow deer hunters) - And, when I am in the city (DC), lots of terrible roads - And, best not be on the side of the road in winter here trying to pump up a tire - And, with the pot holes, it likely shall be a flat and a rim if not more wheels.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:17 AM   #14
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
For the same reason GM doesn't offer all weather tires for Vettes and ZL1/1LE/SS Camaros... they're idiots.

I like to drive year round as long as the streets are clean of snow and ice, but with summer tires it makes it impossible.

C'mon GM, give us the option when we order our cars, summer only or all weather tires. DUH!

Can't help you with your flat on your JD tractor. I machine the rockshafts, rockshaft assemblies, lift arms, center link brackets, drawbar brackets, and drawbar frame brackets. I have nothing to do with the tires.

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote