The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 04-15-2014, 07:55 PM   #15
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
Any idea where I could purchase the OEM carbon fiber dash? It appears that partstaxi.com is no longer in business, I may be cancelling my original order and starting a new order with a larger dealership. If I do this, I will not be ordering the carbon fiber interior trim because of the current constraint.

I searched the web but couldn't find anyone else selling it.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:59 AM   #16
1FASTC7

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray
I'm in the same boat. I have heard some of the dealers are selling them for around the mid $500's. However partstaxi seemed to be the cheapest. I wonder what happened. The site said it was down for maintenance and the I get an email saying order could not be fulfilled any longer.
1FASTC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:31 AM   #17
Z513LT

Drives: AW C7 3LT, Z51 Convertible w/ mods
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
This is the same OEM carbon fiber dash from GM which I prefer therefore not aftermarket. In fact, mine was shipped directly from Bowling Green back in November... so it looks exactly the same as the CF dashes you see in other C7's with the FAY option. GM part no. 22826760. Here's a pic prior to installation.

You can also go a step further and have it clear coated before installation if you prefer the semi gloss over the matte finish...

Z513LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:08 PM   #18
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z513LT View Post
You can also go a step further and have it clear coated before installation if you prefer the semi gloss over the matte finish...

That looks awesome with the clearcoat

Where did you buy it from?? I can't find anyone selling it anymore. I think my original order is going to be accepted by GM soon which means that I will already have the carbon fiber trim. But just in case I need to make a new order it would be nice to know where I could buy that.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:02 PM   #19
Z513LT

Drives: AW C7 3LT, Z51 Convertible w/ mods
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate GM View Post
That looks awesome with the clearcoat Where did you buy it from?? I can't find anyone selling it anymore.
This is not something that I've found being offered by any vendor. This particular one was a DIY project thru my long trusted electronics installer. He had to remove my old dash to do a K40 install and add some other CF components I'd ordered, so I took advantage of the opportunity.

We bought the dash from a local dealer and then had a respected paint guy do the prep, clear coat and buffing. It did come out incredibly well, actually far better than the pictures do justice.

If you are in the LA area, PM me and I'll set you up with him. He can get it handled for you soup to nuts.
Z513LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:30 AM   #20
1FASTC7

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray
Does anyone know a distributor, supplier or dealer selling the carbon dash piece for near the price partstaxi was selling it for? What happened to partstaxi?
1FASTC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:07 AM   #21
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTC7 View Post
Does anyone know a distributor, supplier or dealer selling the carbon dash piece for near the price partstaxi was selling it for? What happened to partstaxi?
Selling parts to cheap went out of business
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:59 PM   #22
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

I found out that I had to drop the FAY Carbon Fiber Dash in order to get my order accepted. I resubmitted my order yesterday without that option and I just went to 2000 status today!

Only problem is now I have to find someone who will sell me the carbon fiber dash for a reasonable price so that I can have it installed. We need a capitalist to get on this, whoever releases this product first will be making a lot of sales!
Old 04-25-2014, 03:29 PM   #23
SidneyC

Drives: C7 CRT vert 3LT, Z51
Well....... I found a phone number for PartsTaxi (302) 883-0227 and called them. They answered the phone. It's an auto parts store. Apparently the Parts Taxi was the internet side of their business. He told me they were losing money at it so closed that part of the business up. I told him a bunch of us C7 owners were really interested in the CF dashboard. I was hoping he would bite and say like he could still get them for me but he didn't even nibble. Just said "sorry"
SidneyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:31 PM   #24
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidneyC View Post
Well....... I found a phone number for PartsTaxi (302) 883-0227 and called them. They answered the phone. It's an auto parts store. Apparently the Parts Taxi was the internet side of their business. He told me they were losing money at it so closed that part of the business up. I told him a bunch of us C7 owners were really interested in the CF dashboard. I was hoping he would bite and say like he could still get them for me but he didn't even nibble. Just said "sorry"
Thanks for trying
Old 04-25-2014, 06:34 PM   #25
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Good news everyone, I found someone who is selling the Carbon Fiber Interior Trim for less than $600! You can order it from Fichtner Chevrolet by calling 800-234-5284 and asking for the parts department, or by emailing them at parts@fichtnerchevrolet.com. Make sure that you let them know that you're a forum member so that you get their lower price, I believe it was $533 + $10-$20 UPS shipping.

I ordered mine 5 minutes ago and they're shipping it out on Monday! Hopefully the service department at my dealership can install it when my Stingray arrives