The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 04-07-2014, 05:42 PM   #15
vettefan

Drives: C7 2LT Cyber Grey
No crunch

I have to agree with Purpl, been driving mine since October. 2,700 miles and have not experienced any crunch from Day 1. Can't even say I have noticed any difference when cold, maybe a little more pressure required until fully warmed up? Seems the same as other manuals I have owned/driven in the past.
vettefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:47 PM   #16
m3incorp

Drives: Buying 2014 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
My BMW 328 and my BMW M3 did this for the first few thousand miles. That is, being a little stiff and sometimes a "crunch" going into a gear when very cold. Both of those cars stopped doing it... my C7 is also improving with both the warmer weather and use.

I will put $20 on the OP's car no longer exhibiting this in any meaningful way by June... assuming he is driving the car regularly
Interestingly, I also had a BMW M3 and BMW 328 and neither of mine were ever stiff or crunched and I live in relatively cold place.
m3incorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:35 PM   #17
gthal

Drives: 2014 Z51 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3incorp View Post
Interestingly, I also had a BMW M3 and BMW 328 and neither of mine were ever stiff or crunched and I live in relatively cold place.
I suspect there are differences even in the same model of cars... my 328 was REALLY bad and took a while to get better.

The M3 was similar to the C7... I'm finding even today I notice it is much smoother and more consistent. Less stiff too. At first, getting into second meant you needed to purposely shift with some effort... now it is slotting into gear much easier.
1996 BMW M3 | Estoril blue | Track car | Heavily modded for the track but still street legal... barely
Previous: 2011 M3 coupe | Jerez black | Fox Red interior | Competition Package | M-DCT
gthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:40 PM   #18
thrilled

Drives: 1LT
I've had this happen with I believe every manual I've ever drove.1st one 1953 ford econoline.3 speed on the colum.
thrilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:14 PM   #19
vincentesq

Drives: 2014 Artic White C7
Same problem with 2nd and 3rd gear and took it to dealer twice. I was told normal. However, miraculously at about 7500 miles, the gears were 90% quieter. Now, the noise is only there once in a while. I guess everything is finally "broken in".
vincentesq is offline   Reply With Quote