The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 04-03-2014, 10:51 PM   #1
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
Glad I Ordered Before $$$ Increase

Stopped by the other day to talk cars with my buddy at the dealership.

He told me about the price increase on the base 2LT Z51. It went from $53800 to $57000. Glad I ordered when I did.

I guess GM has to pay for all those ignition switches somehow.

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:31 AM   #2
Second Vette

Drives: 2011 Mustang
Base Price increased $2,000 and Z51 Package increased $1,200 as of March 3rd. This news is over a Month old. Your buddy must be slow on the uptake.

I doubt it has anything to do with the ignition switch recall. which just surfaced. Conjecture, it's the new Coke.

I'll assume you were just being facetious.

Congrats on your upcoming new C7. I love mine.
Second Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:29 AM   #3
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Vette View Post
Base Price increased $2,000 and Z51 Package increased $1,200 as of March 3rd. This news is over a Month old. Your buddy must be slow on the uptake.

I doubt it has anything to do with the ignition switch recall. which just surfaced. Conjecture, it's the new Coke.

I'll assume you were just being facetious.

Congrats on your upcoming new C7. I love mine.
Working all the hours I do, I don't get to the dealership much just to talk cars. It was a pleasant change for once to get out of work early enough to go there.

I know, I know it's Bush's fault for the increase.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #4
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
I also am glad I ordered well before the price increase and before the 2015 price increase(s) - When we first could order a C7, I debated weather or not to order one at all as I am not one to pay MSRP and certainly not above MSRP - I was hoping the demand would not go viral and that we would not lose our senses, but it did, and we did. When I concluded supply would not meet demand for some time, and I got a dealer to sell me a highly optioned Z51 Vert including FAY at $1,000 below MSRP, I had to go for it - Glad I did - I'm thinking those of us that got ours at the original MSRP and below, that will help us depreciation wise.

Any sense out there as to the real world depreciation when we drive a C7 off the lot? - Better question - Those of you with C7s, if you had to sell it today, how much of your cost do you think you would you recoup? - This does not included taxes, etc. - Let's say you paid MSRP, how much of what you paid do you think you would get back - I'm thinking that if you well cared for your C7 and not put on outrageous miles, you would get most of you money back within reason - Most times when we drive a car off the lot, the Depreciation Twilight Zone is several thousand dollars on high end cars - Yes, I know, I know that even thinking about deprecation let alone mention it about a C7 is Corvette heresy - That if deprecation even enters the buying thinking and financial equation, best not buy one - But, just sayin' and askin' - What say you?
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:13 PM   #5
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

I agree Richardlord.

I believe in being practical and know buying a car is probably the worst investment you can make, but so is voting for hope and change like some people did.

Sometimes you just gotta say what the heck! We work hard for our money and splurging once in a while, with what's left of our money after they spread the wealth to the lazy, on toys is a good thing.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #6
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51Stingray View Post
I agree Richardlord.

I believe in being practical and know buying a car is probably the worst investment you can make, but so is voting for hope and change like some people did.

Sometimes you just gotta say what the heck! We work hard for our money and splurging once in a while, with what's left of our money after they spread the wealth to the lazy, on toys is a good thing.
Like getting married, only different - Ultimately, we say what the heck, got to go for it - The depreciation can be very costly on the wrong model - I'm on model #3, but this one is finally worth it - Should be a lemon law on marriages
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:16 PM   #7
zimm888

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
How did this become so political lol.
zimm888 is offline   Reply With Quote