The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 04-05-2014, 04:53 AM   #1
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
Extended Warranty Buying Problem

Does anyone know the limitations on buying a C7 extended warranty in Maryland? I contacted Dennis Fichtner Chevrolet in Montana to look into buying one from him as he has great prices as reported by many of you, and he does, but Dennis said he cannot sell one out-of-state to anyone in states such as California, Florida, and Maryland due to state law restrictions. So, the question is, can I buy a GM extended warranty from another in-state Maryland Chevy dealer, or can I only buy from my dealer? I searched the web and cannot find an answer. I'd like to know my leverage before I talk to my dealer about an extended warranty - Can I go elsewhere?
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:08 AM   #2
smajicek

Drives: 2014 C7 Z51
I am in California and purchased my from the dealer in NH at the time of purchase of the car. I think it must be purchased within 1 week of the car?
smajicek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:25 AM   #3
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
Usually such restrictions are tax based. The state probably set things up so they could apply some sort of tax on the warranty, and restricted it such that you are forced to get the warranty within the state borders. Its been my experience any dealer within such a state can sell the warranty. I would suggest contacting a different dealer within Maryland nd see what they say.

Also, as for timing, around here we can wait until just before the factory warranty expires to purchase the extended one. You might ask about that when you talk to the dealer.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote