The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 08-12-2014, 01:34 PM   #1
Dpmdc

Drives: C7 on order
WA8 protective film cancelled

Say it ain't so! Apparently it has been removed from the Options list yesterday
Dpmdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
It's a good thing, no one said what kind of film it was, they have a huge learning curve to do it right and dealers don't know how to fix it. Applying film is a huge skill, find an XPEL local installer and do it right.....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:35 PM   #3
NC C7

Drives: 2014 CRT C7
Because my car was built in the latter part of July I could have chosen the appearance package which is a 2015 option. I didn't really want this but I thought that I might be able to pick up the WA8 option which I would like and if they are offering one why not another. I talked to my dealer about it and he said it wasn't available on the 2014. He also said that it would be a dealer install which didn't sound like such a good idea to me. Like Glen said , it takes a lot skill to do this right. Possibly GM dropped this option because of the problems involved getting people properly trained to do this. The payback may not have justified the investment. Almost forgot: when I first heard of WA8 I called GM and was told that the film would cover the entire body of the car, which would make it that much harder for your local dealer to do.
NC C7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:07 PM   #4
asptroopa1
asptroopa1

Drives: 2014 Corvette
It was taken off the options list like last Wednesday....I posted it on another heading......they said that the dealers would have to train someone at each dealership prior to doing this- it got axed
asptroopa1 is offline   Reply With Quote